Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthe40

Derrytresk - Paul Hughes
Brocagh - Brendan Quinn
Derrylaughan - Stephen Hughes

Tyrone11234

Any word on when ACL fixtures will be released ?

Mikhailov

Spoke to a Donaghmore man today and asked him about Adrian Cush taking their 3rds outfit. He says that is not the case, a few local lads taking it who had been over their successful youth teams.
He also said they played a friendly game yesterday and actually played a 3rds reserve friendly also - that is some going for a club of that size to field 4 adult teams.

WT4E

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 07, 2022, 05:27:42 PM
Spoke to a Donaghmore man today and asked him about Adrian Cush taking their 3rds outfit. He says that is not the case, a few local lads taking it who had been over their successful youth teams.
He also said they played a friendly game yesterday and actually played a 3rds reserve friendly also - that is some going for a club of that size to field 4 adult teams.

Updated list.

bogball88

Quote from: WT4E on March 02, 2022, 11:31:49 PM
Senior

Ardboe: Mickey Donnelly
Carrickmore: Ryan Daly & Noel Hurson
Clonoe: Niall O'Neill and Kieran Hughes
Coalisland: Stevie Ferguson
Derrylaughan: Stephen Hughes
Donaghmore: Barry Tracey & Hetherington
Dromore: Paul McIvor & Ricey
Dungannon: Christopher Rafferty & Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran: Mark Harte and Adrian O'Donnell
Greencastle: Sean Teague
Killyclogher: Ciaran Howe & Dermot Carlin
Loughmacrory: Marty McConnell & Ciaran Meenagh
Moortown: Michael Hasson
Moy: Murray
Omagh: Larry Strain & Kevin Brady
Trillick: Nigel Seaney & Jody Gormley

Intermediate

Aghyaran: Michael Anderson
Beragh: Noel Slane
Cookstown: Conall Lavery
Clogher: Martin Short
Edendork: John McGuckin
Eglish: Matthew McGleenan
Eskra: Niall Colton
Galbally: Crozier and Joe McMahon
Gortin: Colm McGarvey & Phillip McKenna
Kildress: Declan Treanor
Kileeshil: Stephen McHugh
Naomh Eoghan: Mc Nulty
Owen Roes: Paddy Campbell
Pomeroy: Horse Devlin
Rock: Cormac McGinley
T***yreagh: Chris Kelly

Junior
Aghaloo: Stephen Donnelly
Augher: McElroy
Brackaville:
Brocagh: Brendan Quinn
Castlederg: Martin McNulty
Clann na nGael: Ben McGuckin
Coalisland Thirds:
Derrytresk: Paul Hughes
Donaghmore Thirds: Local Lads
Drumquin: Conor Gormley
Drumragh: Simon McGeary
Errigal Ciaran Thirds: Column Quinn & Shawn Early
Fintona:
Glenelly: Diarmuid McNulty
Killyman: Seamus Forker
Stewartstown: Peter Armour
Strabane: Corey and Wray
Urney: Aidan Gilroy and Enda Ferris
:o

Tyrone11234

Anyone get a look at the proposals for the 2023 leagues yet ?

TyroneClubs

Option B would probably suit the division 2 clubs the best as they move up to 1B with a likely top 8 finish, although the thought of testing trying to squeeze 22 league games in and having at least 3 games after championship isn't great, especially for teams knocked out in first round of championship in September and stil having to wait 2 months until their league finishes but only get to play 3 more games

Under Lights

Option C is the best imo.
1. Each division would be so competitive.
2. Play each team twice so you have a chance to make up lost points against the team.
3, Means 14 league games which is what we have more or less at the moment
4. No games played after championship like in proposal B.

Mikhailov

Somebody put up the options FFS !!!!

Tyrone11234

Option A is the only logical one- B means half of all club games are starred.

TyroneClubs

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on March 11, 2022, 12:42:53 PM
Option A is the only logical one- B means half of all club games are starred.

Isn't option A basically just what we have at the minute, only difference is league over before the champo starts - that should be the case anyway in my opinion. Would be good to have that with a structure in place tho. It also means league starts in April and done in September. Then just champo which is long enough. Some of the commitment needed for players at the minute is getting ridiculous - leagues finished in December , back training in January and likely to play this year until November at least.

laceer

Yes A is basically status quo with no league play offs.

B is too long a season - leagues start in April and finish mid November.

C is the most radical and is my preferred option at the minute. 6 groups of 8, home and away matches. More games against teams at a similar level is worth a go I think.

square_ball

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 11, 2022, 12:41:31 PM
Somebody put up the options FFS !!!!

I don't have the document to hand but got a look at them this morning.

Option A = basically the same as what we have - league to end before the championship. 5 starred games and 10 regular.

Option B = 4 divisions of 12 (1A, 1B, 2 & 3) 11 starred fixtures, 11 regular fixtures but with league not finishing until after the championship. The issue with this along with the fixtures after championship finishes is that the GAA have put a cap on numbers able to compete in club SFC to 16 from 2023 so how do you cut that from 24 teams in 1A & 1B?

Option C = 6 divisions of 8 (1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3C) 7 starred, 7 regular and league to finish before championship begins.

I think that is all the detail but open to correction if anyone knows better.

It is imperative imo that league is finished before championship begins so thats why i don't think Option B will work as well as the complications with having too many senior clubs.

If i had a vote I would go with what we currently have as it has the stipulation that league is wrapped up before championship.

Tyrone12345

Just out of curiosity, when would a decision be made on next years league structures?

Degrassi Hi

Given the long convoluted county season with the green motion passed Option C is the best one if we want to get anything out of our county contingent for club football. A junior B championship is surely something that will appeal to clubs at the lower end of Division 3 also.
Option A same as - no thanks
Option B too long & will only end up retiring county men at the age of 27 by flogging them to death.
Option C - league over pre-championship & a decent rest period after.

Now is there any chance of releasing the 2022 fixtures please so a man can plan a life in the summer.