May 28th LSFC time change, common sense prevails

Started by snoopdog, May 12, 2011, 03:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2011, 05:01:35 PM
I think it's daft that the Leinster Council have changed the times due to the Champions league final, is this to let punters watch the soccer or so that they get more people in through the turnstiles?

Played a league game many years ago when Man U were playing Bayren, would never have missed the hurling game before watching a soccer game.

Crazy decision

I remember it well, one of our players (Utd fan) never turned up for the game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on May 15, 2011, 10:35:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2011, 05:01:35 PM
I think it's daft that the Leinster Council have changed the times due to the Champions league final, is this to let punters watch the soccer or so that they get more people in through the turnstiles?

Played a league game many years ago when Man U were playing Bayren, would never have missed the hurling game before watching a soccer game.

Crazy decision

I remember it well, one of our players (Utd fan) never turned up for the game.

we won big man (The hurling ;)), though it was tight enough, two of our lads were in the club blocked and shouting at the TV
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Hughes slams Ulster Council's "astonishing" decision

Referring to the Council's unwillingness to change the throw-in time of Saturday week's Ulster SFC meeting with Armagh, the Down star believes provincial chiefs have shot themselves in the foot by refusing to avoid a clash with the Champions League final.

Speaking to The Irish Examiner, Hughes blasts: "The Ulster Council should definitely have moved the game. I don't understand that. I just can't understand why they did that.

"Why take money off the gate? Why take people away from the game when there's absolutely no need to do it? Why not put it on at 3 o'clock on the Saturday or why not put it on at 5 o'clock even?

"Why not let people go to the game at 5 o'clock and go home or go to the bars then? Economically speaking, from a financial point of view, it just doesn't make sense.

"We're living in the 21st century. I can't understand the thinking behind it. At the end of the day, realistically, FIFA aren't going to move their match so the GAA have to. We're a small organisation; we have to make the most of the population we have so that people will actually go to the game. They're cutting off their nose, they really are.

"You'll have your hardcore supporters but it probably won't be anything more than would go to a national league game. It's astonishing.

"They had no problem conceding when it came to opening up the ground to other major sports. That's the reality. And they were bigger issues - far, far bigger issues - and rightly so, so changing a throw-in time ... I just don't see the big problem."
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote"They had no problem conceding when it came to opening up the ground to other major sports. That's the reality. And they were bigger issues - far, far bigger issues - and rightly so, so changing a throw-in time ... I just don't see the big problem."

A stupid comment. Did the Ulster council open up any grounds to other sports?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 18, 2011, 02:31:53 PM
Hughes slams Ulster Council's "astonishing" decision

Referring to the Council's unwillingness to change the throw-in time of Saturday week's Ulster SFC meeting with Armagh, the Down star believes provincial chiefs have shot themselves in the foot by refusing to avoid a clash with the Champions League final.

Speaking to The Irish Examiner, Hughes blasts: "The Ulster Council should definitely have moved the game. I don't understand that. I just can't understand why they did that.

"Why take money off the gate? Why take people away from the game when there's absolutely no need to do it? Why not put it on at 3 o'clock on the Saturday or why not put it on at 5 o'clock even?

"Why not let people go to the game at 5 o'clock and go home or go to the bars then? Economically speaking, from a financial point of view, it just doesn't make sense.

"We're living in the 21st century. I can't understand the thinking behind it. At the end of the day, realistically, FIFA aren't going to move their match so the GAA have to. We're a small organisation; we have to make the most of the population we have so that people will actually go to the game. They're cutting off their nose, they really are.

"You'll have your hardcore supporters but it probably won't be anything more than would go to a national league game. It's astonishing.

"They had no problem conceding when it came to opening up the ground to other major sports. That's the reality. And they were bigger issues - far, far bigger issues - and rightly so, so changing a throw-in time ... I just don't see the big problem."

Is he a Man U supporter? Crazy that a player is more interested in watching a soccer than playing in the Ulster Champuionship!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NP 76

Milltown dont see where he says anything about watching the game himself . He mentions the revenue that will be lost as a more pressing issue