Chet evans resigns for chesterfield

Started by Denn Forever, September 25, 2016, 11:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Sorry couldn't find the origin topic.

He's not playing as he is working on his fitness or is it that the retrial   is at the start of Octber.  Chesterfield must really believe in the lad.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ched-evans
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Asal Mor

He's playing away already and scoring too.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37017987

A few other clubs wanted to sign him before he got cleared, but dropped out when the online mob got on the case and the clubs started losing sponsors. They were financial rather than moral reasons for pulling out of the deal.

The retrial is in October. It's very hard to see anything other than a not guilty verdict, given that it was referred to the Court of Appeal by the Commission for Miscarriages of Justice on the basis of new evidence(or maybe old evidence that was wrongly deemed inadmissable???). Either way there are no winners here. Just two lives messed up by the police and CPS, who were so influenced by the hysteria around sex crimes that they pressed charges, in the absence of any concrete evidence or even an accusation. The same authorities who thought it would be a good idea to call the BBC before they searched Cliff Richard's home, so the event could be televised.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/celeb-life/cliff-richard-feared-he-would-die-due-to-stress-caused-by-police-probe-406098.html

Guilty until proven innocent.

Syferus

Hopefully justice will be done and he's convicted again and all his supporters can go back under their rocks.

Asal Mor

Hopefully the jury will be open-minded enough to consider the evidence (new and old) before deciding on a verdict.

nrico2006

Hopefully sense will prevail this time and he will get a 'Not Guilty' verdict.  I'd expect Jessica Ennis and your sky glamour doll to offer him a public apologie too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 26, 2016, 08:32:11 AM
Hopefully sense will prevail this time and he will get a 'Not Guilty' verdict.  I'd expect Jessica Ennis and your sky glamour doll to offer him a public apologie too.

That's a bit stupid of you.

seafoid

It is like a Greek tragedy.  Hopefully he doesn't become Roscommon manager.

nrico2006

Quote from: gallsman on September 26, 2016, 08:59:12 AM

Why's that?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 26, 2016, 10:38:00 AM
Quote from: gallsman on September 26, 2016, 08:59:12 AM

Why's that?

Because I'd imagine there's more chance of either of them sucking you off than apologising. That's certainly not going to happen so expecting an apology is a bit daft.

Asal Mor

Some evidence given yesterday that didn't sound good for Evans.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/ched-evans-rape-trial-woman-crying-hysterically-hotel-victim-latest-a7349276.html

Jurors heard the police statement of takeaway owner Sohail Aslam, who described the woman as being drunk and "falling over" when she came in at 3.10am.

Hotel night receptionist Gavin Burrough described the woman as being extremely drunk.
He told the jury: "She was unsteady on her feet.
"Her eyes were glazed over and she had a vacant expression on her face. She didn't seem to realise I was there. She seemed to look straight through me.
"I did ask if she was OK. Did I get a reply? No."

general_lee

Half a litre of wine and 8 vodka washed down with a shot of sambuca, but did not think she had drank excessively... instead suggested she was spiked... so much bullshit on both sides of this story

haranguerer

Quote from: general_lee on October 07, 2016, 10:22:18 AM
Half a litre of wine and 8 vodka washed down with a shot of sambuca, but did not think she had drank excessively... instead suggested she was spiked... so much bullshit on both sides of this story

Over the course of a night? That doesn't sound excessive or even much to me, and I'm not a big drinker.

No wides

Quote from: haranguerer on October 07, 2016, 11:05:15 AM

Over the course of a night? That doesn't sound excessive or even much to me, and I'm not a big drinker.

Gallsman probably thinks you have a major drink problem and need a good kick up the hole!

gallsman

Quote from: No wides on October 07, 2016, 12:09:47 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on October 07, 2016, 11:05:15 AM

Gallsman probably thinks you have a major drink problem and need a good kick up the hole!

I just think you need a kick up the hole full stop.

magpie seanie

This is a crappy episode at best. There are no winners here no matter which way it turns out in my view. I wouldn't like to be on the jury.