Fenlon Quits

Started by Estimator, May 22, 2007, 10:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/6679571.stm

Fenlon quits as Derry City boss

Pat Felon has resigned as manager of Eircom Premier Division club Derry City after just five months in the job.
The former Shelbourne boss, who took over from Stephen Kenny at the Brandywell, has yet to announce the reasons for his decision.

Derry have struggled at the start of their first season under Fenlon and the Candystripes lie fifth in the league, 11 points behind leaders St Pat's.

City could only manage a draw with basement club Longford on Saturday.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Declan

Don't think he moved up the family permanently which was always going to bring pressure on.

dublinfella

seemingly the Gardai went into the Derry dressingroom at half time to break up a mill between the Fenlon signings and the pre Fenlon players.

the dictionary definition of 'losing the dressing room'

oakleafgael

Or alternatively your talking through your rear end. That is complete and total rubbish dublinfella. There was no divide in the camp at all and the players genuinely regret Pat leaving, which is for completly personal reasons.

dublinfella

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 23, 2007, 08:09:17 PM
Or alternatively your talking through your rear end. That is complete and total rubbish dublinfella. There was no divide in the camp at all and the players genuinely regret Pat leaving, which is for completly personal reasons.

so no Derry players were questioned by the Gardai for fighting amongst themselves at half time?  ???

Personal reasons my gicker. He lost the dressingroom and jumped before he was pushed.

http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=61332 Derry fans here dont seem too upset....

oakleafgael

Dublinfella,

I read through the link there, does one or two comments on an internet discussion forum make something fact? I seen as many comments confirming it was personal problems as I did player unrest. I dont think an internet forum is the place to be discussing a mans personal problems either.

From my sources the Gardai were not involved, I could be wrong but I was told this by someone who was in the dressing room. WHy would he be making this up.

Gorman is a different matter altogether in my opinion, I cant for the life of me understand how he got his position.

dublinfella

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 23, 2007, 10:14:15 PM
Dublinfella,

I read through the link there, does one or two comments on an internet discussion forum make something fact? I seen as many comments confirming it was personal problems as I did player unrest. I dont think an internet forum is the place to be discussing a mans personal problems either.

From my sources the Gardai were not involved, I could be wrong but I was told this by someone who was in the dressing room. WHy would he be making this up.

Gorman is a different matter altogether in my opinion, I cant for the life of me understand how he got his position.

Because one of his team mates got lagged and a warning from the bacons after the game and he wants to play it down?

the Gardai were in the DCFC dressing room after the game, newstalk ran Fenlon playing the whole thing down after the game and matthews saying the first he knew of it was the dayglo jackets barging down the tunnell. they confirmed the cops interviewd an unnmaed DCFC player but no-one wanted charges pressed. one of the broadsheets ran it too.

bailestil

Yeah i don't think it was down to him "losing the dressing room"!

He was given full support by the club to try and build a team, no matter how long it would take.

But the reason he left was because his Family didn't want to move to Derry, Simple as that.

After Kenny and now Fenlon, probably not many out there that could handle the Derry job now.

dublinfella

Quote from: bailestil on May 23, 2007, 10:44:11 PM
Yeah i don't think it was down to him "losing the dressing room"!

He was given full support by the club to try and build a team, no matter how long it would take.

But the reason he left was because his Family didn't want to move to Derry, Simple as that.

After Kenny and now Fenlon, probably not many out there that could handle the Derry job now.

yet the 'personal reasons' just happen to come to a head two days after they are held by the bottom club and the cops have to pull his players off each other....

Jeffries seems to be the name floating around. seemingly he is interested in going full time