Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: tyroneman on February 04, 2024, 05:14:42 PMChampionship will, as ever, be the true barometer but seeing nothing from the L&D setup to justify another 3 years.

Wasnt a fan of them getting another 3 year's. Cant seem any improvements yet but i am will to wait and see until they have a full panel available 

An Watcher

Forward line at fault today.  Mckernan, hampsey and Morgan all did OK.  Thought kenhedy battled as well.  Just didn't take their chances.  I've little faith in management either but keep blooding the young boys for the next management team coming in

clarshack

Will Cathal McShane be back for the championship?

NotedObserver

Thought Kennedy was the best midfielder on show and donaghy did rightly. D Canavan forgot the shooting boots and McCurrys first time out.

Both Devlin's weren't great and with so many missing there wasn't any options on the bench. Mcglennon is some unit and after losing the ball man handled someone down line the line to get it back. An upset was on but they let it slip

Quarterbackk

Aidan Clarke battled well and O Donnell looks like he can step up to that level. If Darragh is contained we are in trouble. I don't get the management's obsession with defensive type players. 

tyrone08

Quote from: clarshack on February 04, 2024, 05:41:21 PMWill Cathal McShane be back for the championship?

What's the story with him is he injured

twenty one yard free

Quote from: reddgnhand on February 04, 2024, 05:25:16 PMWhen them young boys needed leadership today Morgan, Hampsey, MCKernan and especially McCurry absolutely atrocious today.

Michael O Neill will steady the ship when he comes back

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: NotedObserver on February 04, 2024, 05:42:45 PMThought Kennedy was the best midfielder on show and donaghy did rightly. D Canavan forgot the shooting boots and McCurrys first time out.

Both Devlin's weren't great and with so many missing there wasn't any options on the bench. Mcglennon is some unit and after losing the ball man handled someone down line the line to get it back. An upset was on but they let it slip
You would have said our midfielders did a good job in containing Rodgers and Glass. The problem came with McFaul, Murphy, Doherty getting through too easily. Ruairi Canavan's form would be a worry - poor championship for Errigal, not starring for Jordanstown and poor in Tyrone's opening games. McGleenan has the size but hasn't the mobility at this level.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: An Watcher on February 04, 2024, 05:25:07 PMMaybe it's just me but I thought there was enough in there to be hopeful for the season.  Showed a bit of fight which Tyrone teams haven't done in recent years.  Clarke and quinn got stuck in in horrendous conditions.

I thought there were positives without doubt. Pretty young team going away to what is a settled Derry side and with a gale in their face and after a missing some good chances early on find themselves 0-6 to 0-1 behind. They showed character at that point to turn it around and get right back in it. To be honest the 3 point half-time lead flattered Derry. Have to balance that with a very poor second-half where they badly lost their composure. You can put that down to a lack of experience, but I'd also have a nagging worry that Tyrone last season played very well against the wind against Roscommon and Galway then came apart in the second period. Again there are potentially some questions about preparation and management there.

But overall there are positives to take from that. Young players are stepping up and should continue to get better. Add in the likes of Harte, Meyler, Kilpatrick and McGeary (Mattie too if he can once again come back from injury and McShane if he ever reappears) and you potentially have a very good team. I'm just not convinced we have the management team to bring it all together but time will tell on that one.

Tyrone11234

Say a prayer for our manager who is currently in the Royal.

NotedObserver

sam03/05

A Tyrone team missing P Harte, Kilpatrick ,Meyler,McGeary,M Donnelly, Burns,C Quinn,McShane, against a full strength Derry team. Thats about 7 former All Stars with bags of experience.
Although the young lads such as O'Donnell, Clarke and Daly have done very well, and these older guys may not all be starters anymore - it would sure have made some difference if they were all available. I mean take that amount of players out of the Derry squad and team and see how they would do.will be in a good place when get them all back

tyrone08

Watching some of the game back it annoys me how relaxed and uninterested dooher seems during games. A few times he was leaning on the fence as if he is watching an u10 game.