Champions League (Last 16)

Started by sammymaguire, December 17, 2010, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: ross4life on March 18, 2011, 02:02:57 PM
What a shocker that draw was..who would have guess it  ???

If united have there key players fit they will have a excellent chance to make there 3rd final in 4 years but in the long run it could damage there title challenge, so mixed feeling about that.

Real Madrid should shade the spurs tie while Barca will beat Shakhtar about about 4-1 on AGG & Inter should have enough to beat another German team.

Insightful comments as ever

nrico2006

Quote from: thebigfella on March 18, 2011, 11:41:59 AM
Utd due a big win and some luck against Chelsea. I think with a 'fair' ref ;) utd to win 3-1 over both legs.

All I want against Chelsea is a referee who gets the big calls right.  3 games in a row between the two have been decided by balls-ups from the officials.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Worker

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 18, 2011, 03:52:34 PM
Utd due a big win and some luck against Chelsea. I think with a 'fair' ref ;) utd to win 3-1 over both legs.

All I want against Chelsea is a referee who gets the big calls right.  3 games in a row between the two have been decided by balls-ups from the officials.

are you saying in the previous encounter it wasnt a penalty?

Norf Tyrone

I am just hoping that we get the luck that we deserve in Europe, and a ref that's willing to send off a United player unlike the major cop out that saved United in 2008.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Boycey

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 18, 2011, 04:27:56 PM

I am just hoping that we get the luck that we deserve in Europe, and a ref that's willing to send off a United player unlike the major cop out that saved United in 2008.

I take it the Chelsea faithful won't boycott the home leg this time?

gallsman

Lol, is this still going on about the Drogba offside at the end of last season? You know, the same game where Macheda scored with a handball?

ONeill

Just hoping Utd and Chelsea kick the fcuk clean out of each other.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Boycey on March 18, 2011, 04:55:39 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 18, 2011, 04:27:56 PM

I take it the Chelsea faithful won't boycott the home leg this time?

Depends. If the execs treat the fans the way they do they might.

It's good in a way that a small statement (Smaller than I thought) was made on Weds night. United have struggled to organise boycotts etc against the Glazers as tourist attractions will always pull a crowd.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Boycey

Tourist attraction, I like it :D. Institution is the word I'd use. Either way it's better than being a crooks plaything..

stew

I think the spuds have a punchers of beating Real and I hope they do, United will struggle against Chelsea if Evans plays, he is pure ket, Rio is gone for the season/forever and thank God for Smalling. Vidic will need to be there or it will get ugly.

I expect these two games, especially the first one to be a borefest with few real chances.

The spuds are going to shock the world.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

paco

I agree, Spurs could trouble Madrid. They're unpredictable, but if they play to their capabilities there's no reason they can't beat them. Marcelo and Ramos won't be looking forward to dealing with Lennon and Bale and Van Der Vaart won't need much motivation.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on March 18, 2011, 10:50:09 PM
Tourist attraction, I like it :D. Institution is the word I'd use. Either way it's better than being a crooks plaything..

Lol. Malcolm Glazer has never been accused of any dodgy practices or anything now, has he?

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 15, 2011, 10:49:15 PM
Next round is quarter-finals and yep, anyone can get anyone as far as I know.

Guessing...
United v Schalke
Barcelona v Shakhtar
Real Madrid v Tottenham
Inter v Chelsea

Actually... We will probably see Chelsea v Spurs in there  :-\

Two from four right  :o  ::) Chelski defo have the hoodoo over United in recent years so will surely fancy their chances of playing at Wembley on 28th May...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Minder

Quote from: paco on March 19, 2011, 10:00:44 AM
I agree, Spurs could trouble Madrid. They're unpredictable, but if they play to their capabilities there's no reason they can't beat them. Marcelo and Ramos won't be looking forward to dealing with Lennon and Bale and Van Der Vaart won't need much motivation.

Marcelo is one player that could just about live with the pace of Lennon.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"