The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

J70

I feel sorry for Everton after that. But they've a top manager who'll get them moving if they give him the time and resources.

GiveItToTheShooters

Why are Liverpool fans feeling sorry for Everton? Wtf, catch yourselves on, it's absolute comedy gold ;D
A load of our teenagers absolutely dominated their first team, it's too funny

TabClear

Great result yesterday and the Kids really grew into the game after a shaky enough opening period. It was very obvious early on that a few of them were taking a split second too long on the ball or taking an extra touch which you do not get at that level. Second half was seriously impressive. Jones, Williams and Elliott look really good. I think you saw the difference that a bit of experience in the team alongside the youngsters gives as compared to the Villa game, Lallana and Gomez were outstanding yesterday especially JG. He has really grasped the opportunity from Lovren and Matip's injuries and is now probably reestablished himself as No1 partner to VVD.

Good to see Minimiano get a run out. Hard to judge as he was playing his first game in 4 weeks, out of position, with new team mates in a new league but saw enough to suggest he has the brain and work ethic to make it in a Klopp team. A lower division club at home would be good now in the 4th round.

laoislad

Bristol City/Shrewsbury away in the Cup.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dire Ear

Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2020, 07:44:47 PM
Was thinking ManCity was coming!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dire Ear on January 06, 2020, 07:48:43 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2020, 07:44:47 PM
Was thinking ManCity was coming!

Gives us a chance to make the 5th Round. But I'd take nothing for granted! There will be fight in those sides and I'd expect a lumpy pitch!

Capt Pat

Bristol City are 11th in the championship, Shrewsbury are 14th in league one. Shrewsbury are at home next Tuesday in the replay. It would be good for the kids to play Shrewsbury and get through to the next round. I wonder at what point Klopp would think it worth while to put the senior players into the fa cup side?

TabClear

Not sure how accurate these figures are as I am not sure where they could be sourced from (and I am pretty sure i saw Mane was on £150k a week somewhere not the £100k that Sporttrac have) but if even close to being accurate they demonstrate just how good a job the scouts/MIchael Edwards have done n the last few years. Obviously the likes of TAA/AR will get massive pay hikes when they sign new deals like Salah/mane et al did last season but even so.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/01/07/man-utd-liverpool-wages-comparison/

Figures have emerged showing the full list of wages being paid out by Premier League clubs this season.

It's interesting to get a look at the numbers at Manchester United and Liverpool in particular right now – two teams going about trying to achieve success in very different ways, and one doing a lot better than the other. Namely, Liverpool have done some smart recruitment on the cheap in recent times, with the club great at identifying talent that others have missed, while manager Jurgen Klopp is then the ideal coach to lift players to new levels.

United, by contrast, have splashed out huge sums on plenty of flops in the transfer market, with many of them still on their payroll.
As shown in this graphic from Spotrac, Man Utd really are paying some silly money for players who are absolutely stealing a living at the moment.

David de Gea is their top earner by some distance despite a recent dip in form, raking in as much as £375,000 a week, while the perpetually injured and generally underwhelming Paul Pogba is in second place with wages of £290,000 a week. Even crazier perhaps is Luke Shaw taking home as much as £150,000 a week, especially when you compare it with wages for Liverpool's full-backs.

LFC numbers – also available on Spotrac – show that one of the club's finest performers of recent times, Trent Alexander-Arnold, only earns £40,000 a week, or less than a third of what Shaw makes. Meanwhile, Andrew Robertson, surely a much better left-back than Shaw, is only earning £50,000 a week. Combined, that's £90,000 a week being spent on two of the finest full-backs in world football at Anfield, while at Old Trafford ageing converted full-back Ashley Young, now most often seen on the bench, is on £120,000 a week.

There are numerous other shockers, almost too many to mention, but Nemanja Matic taking home £120,000 a week, more than players like Sadio Mane and Georginio Wijnaldum, is also particularly laughable.

Ambrose

The current black goalkeepers jersey is one of the nicest jerseys we've ever had.

Big game on Saturday, away to Spuds who will be without Kane and Sissoko. We might not get that all important early goal/penalty.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

gawa316

Brewster away to Swansea on loan. Hopefully he gets plenty of game time

laoislad

Thought Man City would get a bit of a test from their noisy neighbours that would maybe tire them out for the Premier League games.
Turned on to see what the score was and it's like a training game for City. 3 up after 40 minutes.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mayo4Sam

That yellow away jersey was lovely and of course the throw back 3rd jersey last season

The orange 3rd jersey was awful
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

From the Bunker