County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

John Sugrue from Renard looks to be the next man to get the poison chalice in Laois.

Rossfan

I see Paul Curran turned ye down AZ.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on August 29, 2017, 11:53:57 AM

Nobody wants our poison chalice. I'm glad he didn't get it though. I haven't forgiven him for Finbar Cullen

macdanger2

Send Banty to manage Dublin, it would even the whole thing up

RedHand88

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 29, 2017, 12:53:00 PM
Send Banty to manage Dublin, it would even the whole thing up

See he's in for Donegal job. The gap in Ulster will only become a chasm now.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 29, 2017, 12:25:43 PM

Nobody wants our poison chalice. I'm glad he didn't get it though. I haven't forgiven him for Finbar Cullen
We'll let ye have Carew if ye're desperate interested.

rrhf

Declan Bonner favourite for Donegal.

Syferus

Did they not think to ask anyone their neighbors in Athlone about how he did? He was ran from Clann. Not a good sign for Offaly that they were going after him in the first place, an even worse one that he thinks he's better than the job.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on August 29, 2017, 03:35:51 PM

Did they not think to ask anyone their neighbors in Athlone about how he did? He was ran from Clann. Not a good sign for Offaly that they were going after him in the first place, an even worse one that he thinks he's better than the job.

I think we're gone beyond 'good signs' at this stage.

Rossfan

Time ye amalgamated with ye're lovely neighbours Laois and Westmeath ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

oliverkelly

A complete spoofer, Hadnt a clue and all he was down for was the few pound and a nice bit at that. Ye got lucky AZ. Great to see John Evans back a top manager who is a great appointment for Wicklow who need to get right underage structures in place. The right man for it

Gael85

Quote from: oliverkelly on August 29, 2017, 03:48:15 PM

A complete spoofer, Hadnt a clue and all he was down for was the few pound and a nice bit at that. Ye got lucky AZ. Great to see John Evans back a top manager who is a great appointment for Wicklow who need to get right underage structures in place. The right man for it

Did he not win a county final with Clan na Gael? Should have won AI club title with Ballymun but some strange reason left John Small on bench for the season

Syferus

Quote from: Gael85 on August 29, 2017, 03:51:36 PM

Did he not win a county final with Clan na Gael? Should have won AI club title with Ballymun but some strange reason left John Small on bench for the season

Clann were quite poor that year, and benefited greatly from the new championship structure that allowed them to finish fourth in a group of six and make the knockout stages with a losing record. They also just beat Brigids with Brigids down to 14 men for most of the match. Clann won the county title in spite of Curran and had they not he was going to be out the door.

Because he did they were stuck with him - the next season Clann ended up being relegated from that group of six and Curran being fired before the league season even finished.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Syferus on August 29, 2017, 04:00:59 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on August 29, 2017, 03:51:36 PM

Clann were quite poor that year, and benefited greatly from the new championship structure that allowed them to finish fourth in a group of six and make the knockout stages with a losing record. They also just Brigids with Brigids down to 14 men for most of the match. Clann won the county title in spite of Curran and had they not he was going to be out the door.

Because he did they were stuck with him - the next season Clann ended up being relegated from that group of six the next year and Curran being fired before the league season even finished.

We actually won the league after we give him the bullet. ;D ;D Look ye can make youre own minds up on him but from having watched him in action for two years he was very poor. We had better managers before and after him who dont require 200 euro for an hour training session

the goal was on

Will be a disaster for Donegal going with Banty. Brings a team of mercenaries with have and is hardly likely to have the future of Donegal football in his heart! Young lads that need nurturing /coaching for 2/3 years.