Quote from: Keyser soze on September 12, 2018, 11:40:23 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on September 12, 2018, 11:01:49 AM
Quote from: trailer on September 12, 2018, 10:21:53 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on September 12, 2018, 10:16:08 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2018, 09:57:33 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on September 12, 2018, 09:06:54 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2018, 09:02:49 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 12, 2018, 08:54:54 AM
Saw a tour guide with a bunch of rain soaked Americans the other day at the top of Donegall place pointing down the street saying "this is Belfasts biggest shopping street, we will meet back here in an hour".
She was deadly serious too. I pitied them.

Victoria Square would be the biggest shopping area in Belfast, well the area with the most amount of retailers and decent places to eat!

that's gonna change soon, "Royal Exchange", the area from Royal Avenue round to North Street and Donegall Street, will be given the go ahead to be redeveloped. this will involve lots of demolition, realigning roads and rebuilding

Aye heard about that, badly needed in that area, and then they can take those dirt bags off the streets..

Had an incident with a pair of them yesterday in my branch, I was in the kitchen area and heard the door opening, thought it was the postman dropping off mail, looks round and two cracked out alcoholics where checking the rooms and looking for gods knows what! Had to remove them, could have got nasty but I was lucky enough that they left with little fuss, but I did have to phyiscally usher them out!
What a show of humanity  ::)

What should he have done?
Maybe just do the above without referring to alcoholics as "dirt bags"? Also I have never had any interaction with street alcoholics and my first thought was that I am lucky it didnt turn nasty. Generally its more like I am lucky not to be in their shoes.

Maybe he was referring to them as dirtbags because they came onto his premises looking to steal whatever they could!!
Fair enough. That's not the way I interpreted it, though I am sure I could be wrong.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on September 12, 2018, 12:01:20 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on September 12, 2018, 11:40:23 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on September 12, 2018, 11:01:49 AM
Quote from: trailer on September 12, 2018, 10:21:53 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on September 12, 2018, 10:16:08 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2018, 09:57:33 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on September 12, 2018, 09:06:54 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2018, 09:02:49 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 12, 2018, 08:54:54 AM
Saw a tour guide with a bunch of rain soaked Americans the other day at the top of Donegall place pointing down the street saying "this is Belfasts biggest shopping street, we will meet back here in an hour".
She was deadly serious too. I pitied them.

Victoria Square would be the biggest shopping area in Belfast, well the area with the most amount of retailers and decent places to eat!

that's gonna change soon, "Royal Exchange", the area from Royal Avenue round to North Street and Donegall Street, will be given the go ahead to be redeveloped. this will involve lots of demolition, realigning roads and rebuilding

Aye heard about that, badly needed in that area, and then they can take those dirt bags off the streets..

Had an incident with a pair of them yesterday in my branch, I was in the kitchen area and heard the door opening, thought it was the postman dropping off mail, looks round and two cracked out alcoholics where checking the rooms and looking for gods knows what! Had to remove them, could have got nasty but I was lucky enough that they left with little fuss, but I did have to phyiscally usher them out!
What a show of humanity  ::)

What should he have done?
Maybe just do the above without referring to alcoholics as "dirt bags"? Also I have never had any interaction with street alcoholics and my first thought was that I am lucky it didnt turn nasty. Generally its more like I am lucky not to be in their shoes.

Maybe he was referring to them as dirtbags because they came onto his premises looking to steal whatever they could!!
Fair enough. That's not the way I interpreted it, though I am sure I could be wrong.

They came into the premises to steal, looking petty cash, or anything else that they could put their hands on, proper dirt bags no excuses for it, smelt of crap and booze and wiped out at 8.40am on a Tues morning, looked like they had been just kicked out of the shelter.. If you know the area, its full of them and its not getting any better..

If you never had any interaction with the street junkies in Belfast your are doing alright, When I'm in my place of work (on my own) with two junked up hopeless not a care in the world people who are looking money for their next fix then I'll call them what I want, I'll not think at that point that I'm glad I'm not on the streets and I've a better life than them. Thats been a choice that may have been taken out off their hands for whatever circumstances
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dire Ear

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dire Ear on September 12, 2018, 12:53:36 PM
Think you were right Himucker

I'm sure you'll greet them with a hearty handshake and give them your last £20 note

I'll call them what they are, thieving dirt bags. Ive a business to run and if I'm out of work due to a dust up or something worse I'll know where to call for a hand out ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

I'm with milltown. All well and good being on your high horse until you find one of these undesireables trespassing looking for something to steal so they can pawn it to get more drink and drugs. Had it plenty of times, wander into our yard hoping to find a door lying open so they can sneak in and help themselves to whatever they can get their hands on. Have had c***ts making their way into the attic before!

Dire Ear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2018, 01:21:19 PM

I'm sure you'll greet them with a hearty handshake and give them your last £20 note

I'll call them what they are, thieving dirt bags. Ive a business to run and if I'm out of work due to a dust up or something worse I'll know where to call for a hand out ::)
You don't have to explain it, I get your personality from the numerous threads you post on and the type of posts you put up.  Good luck

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dire Ear on September 12, 2018, 03:14:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2018, 01:21:19 PM

You don't have to explain it, I get your personality from the numerous threads you post on and the type of posts you put up.  Good luck

Ah, the honest frank posts that don't really pander to the norm? No problem, right or wrong thats me. different generation possibly

Minder

Have to agree with MR2, remember last year reading about a restaurant in Fountain St having to close and the owner saying that people openly shooting up in broad daylight at the front of your premises isn't good for business, regardless of the other problems a business might have.

Would anyone feel too safe walking down Castle St after 6pm? The problem of homelessness and addiction is a totally separate argument and we will always have our virtue signallers posing for photos with a homeless person so they can stick it on their Facebook but that particular area of Castle Street/King St/Fountain St isn't having it easy with the amount of addicts on their doorstep.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Down round tomb street is probably the worst of them all. Even from an early stage of the day you do get a bit worried you may get jumped. Worst area in city centre by a long way.

playwiththewind1st

& that's only the Royal Mail staff.