Armagh v Louth @ 'Bridge

Started by bennydorano, October 04, 2007, 09:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

I wasn't at the game on Sunday, but I presume that the pitch that was used was the old pitch - is that right?

If so (as the 2 new pitches look to be better pitches, but they don't have a stand) is the intention that in time one of the new pitches will be used as the official field, and a stand erected, or will the old pitch be dug up and relaid?

brokencrossbar1

QuotePosted by: pintsofguinness  
Insert Quote
Quote from: twotwocharlie on October 08, 2007, 07:02:34 PM
by the way fair play to the cross lads for turning out yesterday as they have some big games coming up. they could easily have stayed at home and no one could fault them.

hear hear

*Chokes on coffee*

Maith thu pints and all at the Bridge.  I have to say that of all the clubs in Armagh the Bridge have the best set of volunteers of any of the clubs.  They have built the foundations of a great club set up, and I genuinely mean it when I say that I hope they have more success on the field.  I have too much respect for them and too many friends within the club to wish them anything but good luck!

Over the Bar

QuoteI wasn't at the game on Sunday, but I presume that the pitch that was used was the old pitch - is that right?

From the pics it looked like the new one. 

corn02

Was not able to get out to the game but ti was indeed the new pitch. I believe the old pitch is beling closed for a year but POG could confirm that?

With regards the scoreboard, such a trivial complaint for obviously such a successful day.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: corn02 on October 09, 2007, 10:16:05 AM
Was not able to get out to the game but ti was indeed the new pitch. I believe the old pitch is beling closed for a year but POG could confirm that?

So was there a stand erected for the day, or was everyone standing at ground level?

corn02

Ground level I believe also if you can picture this description, the area to the left and right of the old stand is raised above the new fields so the fence was full there too. Poor description I know.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 09, 2007, 08:38:47 AM
QuotePosted by: pintsofguinness 
Insert Quote
Quote from: twotwocharlie on October 08, 2007, 07:02:34 PM
by the way fair play to the cross lads for turning out yesterday as they have some big games coming up. they could easily have stayed at home and no one could fault them.

hear hear

*Chokes on coffee*

Maith thu pints and all at the Bridge.  I have to say that of all the clubs in Armagh the Bridge have the best set of volunteers of any of the clubs.  They have built the foundations of a great club set up, and I genuinely mean it when I say that I hope they have more success on the field.  I have too much respect for them and too many friends within the club to wish them anything but good luck!
Thanks Bc
Hard to believe we (well I wasn't about) bought the old field in 1966 - it took us five years to develop (excuse us if it's not perfect!)
The changing rooms and social club were only opened in 1982 - 25 years ago. 
We've come along way and certainly aren't finished yet - work's ongoing on the social club. 
I've heard no plans about the old field btw.

Hopefully success on the field will come - there's been massive emphasis on the youth in recent years, it was the lack of room for the youngsters that made the fields an absolute priority. Most times the place is packed with children, if there's justice at all it'll pay off.   

I don't know what it is about the 'bridge but there's no shortage of volunteers.  I suppose when Keeley sold the pigs to buy jerseys he set the standard and it's something that has been passed down through the years. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

altovito

Although not from the 'Bridge I would like to say well done to the club for a great day on Sunday.special praise as well for the chairman,who kept working at it despit the trial and tribulations.

aidanmcg33

Hope these pictures work. Some photos of the opening of the new fields.

Over the Bar

Indeed congrats are due to Silverbridge for being way ahead of the rest of the county in their vision for the future in terms of ground development.  Unfortunately for them their biggest handicap is population so they'd best get bredding if they ever hope to sitat the top table on a consistent basis.

pintsofguinness

altovito, you talking more nonsense? 
I'll take the same stance I've taken with Conlon - post up what you're talking about or PM me (though as I expected I got none from you about Conlon).

Great pics aidan, have you anymore?

QuoteUnfortunately for them their biggest handicap is population so they'd best get bredding if they ever hope to sitat the top table on a consistent basis.
Hmm...I wonder would that one work in Donnelly's...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Over the Bar

QuoteHmm...I wonder would that one work in Donnelly's...

The last time I was in Donnelly's was about 1995 when at 4am or so it was announced to the bar that there was a Tyrone man on the premises which brought a momenatary silence and then someone roared "So long as he's not from Down he's welcome here anytime".  Mighty craic.

aidanmcg33

yea got a few more they were mainly the best ones. PM me your email if you want the rest.have some of the development work that took place on the field from the start.

aidanmcg33

We actually have some very accurate forwards ;) but that net has to be that size for health and safety and it also has to go the full way round from the resource centre to the end of the field at the crossmaglen corner again for health and safety.