Gaelic football is crap- and needs to change ASAP

Started by Truth hurts, October 03, 2022, 09:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

The GAA needs to change the rule of Gaelic football- its becoming so tedious and boring. Every game over the country is played the same way. Keep the ball, puke football. How can we change it?

Cyril Farrell fan

Possession clock would stop the keep ball sessions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 03, 2022, 09:30:04 AM
The GAA needs to change the rule of Gaelic football- its becoming so tedious and boring. Every game over the country is played the same way. Keep the ball, puke football. How can we change it?

Turn it off and watch hurling, ya can't play 'keep the ball' or wind down the clock

The problem is we have coached this from intercounty down to club level as it brings results, possession of the controls the game, bringing in a possession clock is really hard to officiate with all the other rules, be more gurning from the sidelines and behind the fence
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RandyDupree

If you haven't accepted that Gaelic football has changed forever by this stage then I'm afraid you're a lost cause.

Armagh18

Quote from: RandyDupree on October 03, 2022, 11:04:48 AM
If you haven't accepted that Gaelic football has changed forever by this stage then I'm afraid you're a lost cause.
not always for the worse either. Did you ever go back and watch games from years and years ago? A lot of the time its just close your eyes and hoof, very little skill involved.

imtommygunn

Club football teams trying to play county tactics and not being fit to contributes. (The lower end of county does too).

Rossfan

Ban handling the ball ;D
Or Abolish or restrict the fkn handpass!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on October 03, 2022, 11:32:34 AM
Ban handling the ball ;D

So go back to a time when the ball was just hoofed up the pitch? Yeah Its more exciting for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rrhf

You rarely see it in Tyrone club football. Go at them!!

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2022, 01:10:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 03, 2022, 11:32:34 AM
Ban handling the ball ;D

So go back to a time when the ball was just hoofed up the pitch? Yeah Its more exciting for sure
It was as there was a contest for the ball every few seconds.
Watching paint dry is more exciting than the orgies of sidewards and backwards throwball we're "treated" to nowadays.
If ye want to keep that sh1te then you have to allow a tackle on the man !

From the Bunker

Was at a under 10 Boys Blitz on the weekend. One Referee was spot on with over-carrying of the ball. Called it correctly over and over. Much to the dismay of coaches used to their players usually getting away with it. Referee came in for harsh criticism. To which he replied, I'm trying to teach them what to expect when they get older. Thing is, he was teaching them nothing really, because the steps/over carrying rule is abused week in week out and rarely pulled by Referees.

rosnarun

i dont know about any one else here but I love watching footbal and dont think there is a game to match it.
Saw all the Mayo Quater finals in mayo at the weekend and there were 3 very good games and the other was a tough turgid affair  but well watchable..
I thin went to Offaly ladies intermediate final a fantastic game and well Done BallinmereDurrow
Soccer is just boring and rugby has become regulated with in an inch of of its life
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

From the Bunker

Gaelic football will find it's level. Success, no matter how bad the football will get the fans out. Donegal proved that in 2011/12. Many fans of county teams are more interested in the paraphernalia than watching their team. Gaelic football offers a pride of place, a way to feel good about where you come from. No matter how bad the product is, this will always help keep the game afloat.

Rossfan

True enough Bunker but I'd say a lot less neutrals go to games any more

befair

Down semi-final, Mayobridge vs Kilcoo. Mayobridge won the throw-in, Kilcoo retreated behind their 45, and for the next 6 mins Mayobidge hand-passed the ball around, only twice even going inside the 45 before hurriedly retreating. Turgid stuff; until the rules are changed to reduce the incentive for defensive football, this is going to continue.