Armagh v Donegal (Sun 12th June, Clones, 4pm)

Started by illdecide, June 08, 2022, 09:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Constant booing of Donegal players by a lot of young Armagh fans. But if it gives them a free pass let's just say that none of them looked like they'd be driving home.
I had to move away from them as had my daughter with me and they let a flare off at the start of the game.

David McKeown

There were a lot of air horns but I genuinely heard very little booing from either side
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

JoeSoap

Murphy got booed a few times for his frees but that's bog standard at this stage, I think he gets booed every game nowadays.

Congrats to Armagh. I thought they managed the game well but I disagree with the poster who said they made us look bad rather than us being bad. The 2nd half from us was one of the worst I've seen, going back to the embarrassing hammering from Galway in Rory Gallagher's last game.

If we had gone down fighting in a cracker (which it was shaping up to be), I would have been fine with Bonner staying on. But the players performance in that 2nd half says it all.

Armamike

We owed Donegal that one and it was nice to see us in front with a bit to spare and Donegal having to come out.Top quality performances from O'Neill, Burns, Rafferty, Grugan, Duffy. Could go through the whole team though.  They've got the early league form back again. The strength and conditioning still standing to us  ;). A few weeks ago the supporters were just asking to see the team cut loose a bit an give it a go - if that led to results then great.   They've done that in spades in the past 2 weeks.
That's just, like your opinion man.

tbrick18

Hate the booing myself.
No need for it.
Also hate the drunken elements at some games..
There were some at the Ulster final from Derry too.
You'd imagine that's the end of the road for Murphy.
Legs are gone. Still has a deadly boot, but not at the level he once was.

Management for Donegal will find it tough to go on another year.
However, I'd say if Donegal had hammered Armagh, geezer was gone and Bonner would be under no pressure..
Football is a fickle game.

Puts Derry into perspective this game too.

marty34

Quote from: JoeSoap on June 12, 2022, 07:57:30 PM
Murphy got booed a few times for his frees but that's bog standard at this stage, I think he gets booed every game nowadays.

Congrats to Armagh. I thought they managed the game well but I disagree with the poster who said they made us look bad rather than us being bad. The 2nd half from us was one of the worst I've seen, going back to the embarrassing hammering from Galway in Rory Gallagher's last game.

If we had gone down fighting in a cracker (which it was shaping up to be), I would have been fine with Bonner staying on. But the players performance in that 2nd half says it all.

I think the booing comes in the summer with the young lads/lassies getting the buses and obviously, on the beer on the way down to Clones.

They all gather in together with the herd mentality.

Wouldn't get it at a National League game in Feb!

quit yo jibbajabba

Grugan and ONeill and a few others tbf are great to watch;
Murphy bein written off a bit prematurely, he be some boy to bring in with 20 to go
Bonnar is away youd think

Hate the booin meself. And them bloody horns.

Im just typing as i think of stuff and hope noone notices

brokencrossbar1

The booing seemed to start when Murphy was taking an age with a free when Patton was off with the black card. Not great but hardly the worst I've heard.

Some win, back to back performances like the last 2 are a real credit to management and players after Ballybofey. Roll on Croke Park!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 12, 2022, 08:21:05 PM
The booing seemed to start when Murphy was taking an age with a free when Patton was off with the black card. Not great but hardly the worst I've heard.

Some win, back to back performances like the last 2 are a real credit to management and players after Ballybofey. Roll on Croke Park!

I was mainly meaning the Derry match (me own County was at it) tho both sets were at it a bit today. Rafferty was gettin a touch for some weird reason (prob for gettin clattered that time)

Armagh18

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 12, 2022, 08:25:05 PM

I was mainly meaning the Derry match (me own County was at it) tho both sets were at it a bit today. Rafferty was gettin a touch for some weird reason (prob for gettin clattered that time)
I think that was Armagh ones shouting "shoot" rather than anyone booing.

JoG2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 12, 2022, 08:21:19 PM
It's reflective of young people in society today. Zero respect for anything really.

Drinking too much, being downright disrespectful to opposition players, talking about riding.....the list goes on.

Take me back to 30 years ago when people went to games to watch football.

Clones 30 years ago was probably more of a lawless place on big match days than nowadays! Some crazy sights and sounds back in the day

Silver hill

Booing was definitely there on tv.
Though when Rafferty was on the ball, (could be wrong), but was it not his own fans shouting'shoooot' rather than opposition boos?

Armagh18

Quote from: Silver hill on June 12, 2022, 08:37:56 PM

Booing was definitely there on tv.
Though when Rafferty was on the ball, (could be wrong), but was it not his own fans shouting'shoooot' rather than opposition boos?
Yeah thats what I thought too.

J70

Quote from: JoeSoap on June 12, 2022, 07:57:30 PM

It was like watching some junior team, the way they were launching aimless balls in on top of Murphy from 20 minutes out, and him surrounded by five or six men. Even he had by some miracle won one and stuck it in, what then for the other six or seven points they needed? I doubt if Armagh could believe what they were witnessing.

Mayo were in a similar position yesterday, and ran out easy winners. Different attitudes and different management.

StephenC

Congrats Armagh - best of luck for the rest of the year. Youse are playing great football at the moment.
We got a real hiding today - it just hasn't clicked for this group of players/management over the last few years and change is probably necessary, and not just on the sideline.