DIY thread

Started by Jim Bob, February 25, 2018, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: majestic on March 02, 2021, 08:53:49 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 01, 2021, 09:23:26 PM
Quote from: majestic on March 01, 2021, 09:13:27 PM
Anyone got recommendations for dealing with mould on a garden shed roof. Im positive its not leaking, I think the moisture was in the wood at the time of building. I've seen anti mould paint, should I just go ahead and give the roof a coat or would there be anything else needed before this?

Roof or celing majestic? I've used anti mould paint on a shed ceiling (hardwood) before, good job. Haven't had to reapply in over a year

Ceiling, what brand did you go for?

https://www.rawlinspaints.com/home/exterior-masonry-paints/368-rust-oleum-mathys-murfill-renovation-paint.html

This is what I used, on the recommendation of a builder. Says exterior, but worked a treat, and still is.

JoG2

Quote from: JoG2 on March 02, 2021, 10:56:32 AM
Quote from: majestic on March 02, 2021, 08:53:49 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 01, 2021, 09:23:26 PM
Quote from: majestic on March 01, 2021, 09:13:27 PM
Anyone got recommendations for dealing with mould on a garden shed roof. Im positive its not leaking, I think the moisture was in the wood at the time of building. I've seen anti mould paint, should I just go ahead and give the roof a coat or would there be anything else needed before this?

Roof or celing majestic? I've used anti mould paint on a shed ceiling (hardwood) before, good job. Haven't had to reapply in over a year

Ceiling, what brand did you go for?

https://www.rawlinspaints.com/home/exterior-masonry-paints/368-rust-oleum-mathys-murfill-renovation-paint.html

This is what I used, on the recommendation of a builder. Says exterior, but worked a treat, and still is.

Majestic

gawa316

Just got a new washing machine (still have the older one), the newer one has a bigger capacity and after the first wash the waste water couldn't get away quick enough and pished out all over the place. Waste pipe on new washer is 1.5 in and 1in in the old one.

Any idea what can be done? Other than put the old ones back in

Jim Bob

Anyone here ever hire a mini digger to do a small job even though they ve never used one before?
Just wondering are they hard to get onto ?
Thinking of going for it, hiring one and mess about with the controls , get the  hang of it and get the small job done by the end of the day ...

Nanderson

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 02, 2022, 07:07:58 PM
Anyone here ever hire a mini digger to do a small job even though they ve never used one before?
Thinking of going for it, hiring one and mess about with the controls , get the  hang of it and get the small job done by the end of the day ...
Once you've been on it for 10 mins you'll be flying.

Turf

Piece of piss.

armaghniac

Quote from: Nanderson on July 02, 2022, 07:17:37 PM
Once you've been on it for 10 mins you'll be flying.

What width are they? THinking of a semi-D with a gate at right angles to the alley between the houses.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jim Bob

Want to paint all my wooden fences round the house.  What's the story with hand held paint sprayers for this job? Any research I do suggests they are the way to go so why do I see so many people spending hours hand painting their fences.? Also what is the best hand sprayer to get. You see some at 30 quid and others over £100. Anyone with any knowledge ? TIA

Nanderson

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 06, 2023, 08:16:06 AM
Want to paint all my wooden fences round the house.  What's the story with hand held paint sprayers for this job? Any research I do suggests they are the way to go so why do I see so many people spending hours hand painting their fences.? Also what is the best hand sprayer to get. You see some at 30 quid and others over £100. Anyone with any knowledge ? TIA
We have about 8 patio panels that needed painting this year. Bought a wagner handheld electric sprayer. Not sure i was too keen on it tbh. Needed a combination of spraying a lot of paint on to the panel and then brushing over it to get a better finish and smooth out places that got big doses of paint. Still think as a combination it was much quicker than painting or rolling alone.

marty34

Are they available to hire anywhere maybe?

£100 costly if only used once.

LeoMc

Quote from: marty34 on August 06, 2023, 08:40:22 AM

Are they available to hire anywhere maybe?

£100 costly if only used once.
Would you not need to re spray every few years.