Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: razor on July 08, 2022, 01:00:47 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on July 07, 2022, 10:27:01 AM
Lgfa in Down has a spring league then a summer league and then the championship in September or October. Although I  imagine the late championship helps with pitch availability

Yeah for underage only but apparently their fixtures secretary is a balloon. Any truth?
wise up. No fixtures job is easy, no need for personal attacks, easy to hide behind a keyboard.
nil satis nisi optimum

Godsown

Quote from: Johnnysboys on July 08, 2022, 09:46:55 PM
Some performance tonight by CPN. Missing over half a team at a wedding and produce the performance of the season. Jack Howlett, Ryan Boyle and Aaron McBurney outstanding ably assisted by Joe and Shea magee. Ballyholland are going down - very talented group of players but miles behind the rest.

Strange set of results in Div 1 B with big wins for Rostrevor and under strength Point. Hearing also that a half strength RGU team completely out played Bryansford and only for Reid in goal it could have been a real hammering. Some Ford folk unhappy within defensive nature of their play. Carryduff moving on nicely p

Johnnysboys

Paddy Tally coaches yet another team to an All Ireland final. Our club delegates have a lot to answer for..

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on July 10, 2022, 10:53:44 PM
Paddy Tally coaches yet another team to an All Ireland final. Our club delegates have a lot to answer for..

Unreal what this man has achieved and we got rid of him.

Brick Tamlin

In fairness, hes no laverty or clarke.

snoopdog

There is no denying the great work Paddy Tally has done as as coach. With Tyrone Down in 2010 and Galway  now Kerry.  Same goes with Cian O'Neill with Tipp hurlers now Galway footballers. But they both didn't really excel as a manager with Down and Kildare during their time but that's not to say they wouldn't with better players at their disposal. Downs problem is getting players to commit.

Truth hurts

I heard from a reputable source in Castlewellan  that Martin O'Rourke has stepped down from his role as Ballyholland manager. Is this true Wobbler?

Hard2Listen2

Andy McEntee heavily linked with Antrim. (I heard this in McDonalds at Forestside. The lads in there are in the know!)

Is this the start of the inter-county merry go round?

Will Down jump on the merry go round?

Chicken tenders by the way.
And a McFlurry.

Sorry lads. Obviously I meant Brackenvale!
The Burger King lads at Forestside know sweet FA!

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Truth hurts on July 11, 2022, 11:40:56 AM
I heard from a reputable source in Castlewellan  that Martin O'Rourke has stepped down from his role as Ballyholland manager. Is this true Wobbler?
Yes heard this too

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on July 11, 2022, 09:34:52 AM

Exactly - he wins on the big stage against recognised strong county teams..

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Johnnysboys on July 12, 2022, 12:35:25 AM

Exactly - he wins on the big stage against recognised strong county teams..

In fairness a lot of Paddy Tally's success has been as a coach rather than a manager.
There is a big difference in the two roles.

Same is true of Cian O'Neill.

toby47

Is wee James staying on with Down next season?

upandwin

Ballyholland management gone? Surprised at the timing tbf. They've been shocking since the opening few games where they beat some weaker teams. Was at the game in Moygannon on Friday and it's the worst Ballyholland performance I've seen in a long while. Absolutely zero fight apart from a couple of wayward elbows thrown about when they were getting stuffed. Ballyholland we're always a difficult team to play against but they seem to have lost the aggression and doggedness required for them to complete. Be really interesting to see who goes down in Div1. Harps now joined the town and super reds in the no hope bunch of the pack. RGU have given themselves a lifeline beating the Ford. Might still go down to the wire. If our lads can win 2 more games we should be safe but need bryansford to be one of those wins IMO. Town, reds, Harps and Ford to go down I think.

Lotto

What happened the smiley face here Brick?

Johnnysboys

Down minors on hunt for a new manager. Any standout candidates for this role??