Lord Maginnis guilty of road rage

Started by brokencrossbar1, August 19, 2013, 02:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

QuoteA Northern Ireland peer has been found guilty of assaulting a man in a road rage incident.

Lord Maginnis had admitted swearing at Keith Kirk during an altercation last year, but denied grabbing him and raising his fist.

However, the judge found him guilty of an "angry and abusive tirade".

The peer was fined £200 and ordered to pay his victim the same amount.

District Judge John Meehan said Lord Maginnis' tirade left Mr Kirk very frightened and his sister, who had been in the passenger seat, "terrified".

He said it was very sad that "a man who has given many years of the highest public service" should find himself in this position at the age of 75

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Looks like he was guilty after all all and it was all a tissue of lies on Mc Guinness's part -

Here's what Lord Mc Guuinness had to say for himself in June -

He said the charge was based on "conspiracy and corruption".

A hearing has been set for 19 August. Lord Maginnis said he will have legal representation for the hearing.

Addressing Deputy District Judge Nigel Broderick, Lord Maginnis said: "The evidence in this case is so contradictory. The whole thing is a tissue of lies.

"I believe there is conspiracy and corruption and I want the minister of justice before this court.

"He knows I am taking a judicial review against his colleague the DEL minister. This whole thing has been done to embarrass me.

"But at 75 years of age and having been in police uniform, a school principal and army major, I don't intend to let some johnny-come-lately embarrass me"

red hander

'I don't intend to let some johnny-come-lately embarrass me'

Aye, like the fella half his size who lamped him in the Chinese in Scotch Street  ;D

T Fearon

Johnny come lately, there's an ould eejit in town!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: red hander on August 19, 2013, 03:50:40 PM
'I don't intend to let some johnny-come-lately embarrass me'

Aye, like the fella half his size who lamped him in the Chinese in Scotch Street  ;D
What happened?
Maginnis probably deserved it anyway.
(BTW, I don't give a damn; I'm using this to slip in a joke I once heard him tell.
Great man for the oul' jokes. This is one of the cleaner ones.)

Seamus Mallon and Ken got summer jobs one time in Kilkeel .
They both worked in a bar and one night the place was packed. There were four or five lads, the pair of them included, lorrying out drink as fast as they could and they could barely keep up with the demand.
Everything was going fine until one of the customers, who was very drunk, began to get a bit out of hand.
So Ken ran out from behind the bar; grabbed yer man by the shoulder and propelled him out the door. He then applied his boot to the fella's arse to help him on his way.
As he stood there, admiring his handiwaork, the drunk got up and scurried off. But before departing, he turned to Maginnins and said,
"I'll get ye for that. Ye know I never forget a face."
Ken just laughed at him and went back to work as if nothing had happened.
About 20 minutes latter, when things had quietened down a bit, Mallon slipped out for a quick smoke.
He had just lit up and was taking the first drag when someone came out of nowhere and flattened him with a punch on the jaw.
As poor Seamus lay on the ground with the world spinning around him, his assailant looked down at him and said:
"There now, ye bastard, didn't I tell ye I never forget a face!"

(Ah, well I though tit was funny anyway.) ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

bcarrier

armaghniac

" One swallow never made a summer"

Is this in the right thread?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B