European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

I always think Real ride their luck something shocking, plus Courtois saves their bacon in the big games so often, (the Paris final v Liverpool was ridiculous). City are a better side imo, I expect them to come through in the 2nd leg, but home advantage is pretty much nonexistent  with these pair, anything could happen.

Capt Pat

Some start by inter. 2-0 up after 10 minutes. I thought we might be looking at 0-0.

Captain Obvious

Goals from 37 years young Dzeko and Mkhitaryan aged 34.

Capt Pat

Can't see Milan coming back on the basis of what I saw tonight. Is Leao out for the return leg as well or will he be back?

BrotherMore6592

Two crap teams as far as top level world clubs go, city or Madrid 2nd leg is the real final, but then you never know in finals.

The Italian league isn't at the same level of some of the others in Europe which have now overtaken it. Napoli were supposed to be the bees knees and look at them

Jell 0 Biafra

Meh, you could say the same thing about City the past few years. Runaway best team in England, not getting it done (so far) in the CL.

Captain Obvious

Internazionale Milano the 3rd best team in the Serie A stroll into the Champions league final. Napoli have to kicking themselves to have lost to that AC Milan side.

StephenC

City well up for this one. Deserved lead.

Nanderson

That was probably one of the most complete halves of football i've ever seen from City or anyone else

CK_Redhand

Quote from: Nanderson on May 17, 2023, 08:49:28 PM
That was probably one of the most complete halves of football i've ever seen from City or anyone else
I dunno, a few of the final balls were lacking... Haaland not on the same wavelength. Definitely impressive but Pep's Barca were better IMO

Nanderson

Quote from: CK_Redhand on May 17, 2023, 08:50:51 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on May 17, 2023, 08:49:28 PM
I dunno, a few of the final balls were lacking... Haaland not on the same wavelength. Definitely impressive but Pep's Barca were better IMO
True but if you're looking at the difference in quality of the 2 teams. Peps Barca had Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Pique, Alves arguably the best players in their positions in the modern game

Mourne Red

City might be the best side I've seen.. Peps Barca side I never enjoyed found the passing style boring (maybe that was just impatient youth) This side looks complete

AustinPowers

It's inevitable  now. City  winning the CL is  like  a few years back  , and Dublin  (or Tyrone) winning  the All Ireland again (or first time).  You knew  it was probably  going to happen  at some  stage but that still  doesn't  make it any easier

Capt Pat

That is 3 for city tonight and the treble is in the bag as well.

screenexile

Serious outfit Haaland would have a hat trick against another keeper it could easily be 6!