European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2023, 09:36:21 PM
Serious outfit Haaland would have a hat trick against another keeper it could easily be 6!
Courtois has to be the best shotstopper in the world overall. Basically won Real Madrid the champions league last year

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 09, 2023, 09:54:17 PM
Whatever chance Real Madrid had in this tie they needed to win to tonight.  Manchester City should win the 2nd leg only question looks like the margin of victory I can imagine now.

imtommygunn

I bet haaland is scundered... couldn't buy a goal and Alvarez gets one in about a minute  ;D

Very few teams ever would be better than that current city team. (Who could still blow it)

screenexile

😂😂

Here lads what has happened with Foden?? He's barely featured the last 3 months very strange considering he was touted as the next Messi at a stage!

bennydorano

City are a joy to watch. Grealish superb 2nite.

Imagine Courtois hadn't have stopped 3 or 4 rockets 2nite. Real are an ageing team, Ancellotti did some job getting them another European Cup (well him & Courtois)

imtommygunn

Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2023, 09:51:20 PM
😂😂

Here lads what has happened with Foden?? He's barely featured the last 3 months very strange considering he was touted as the next Messi at a stage!

He got injured plus the form grealish is in you'd pick very few players anbout ahead of him.

bennydorano

Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2023, 09:51:20 PM
😂😂

He was ill & ended up getting his appendix out, but I think it's more that Grealish is just keeping him out of the side.

Cunny Funt

Real Madrid weren't in the best of form coming into this tie and were hoping the return of Modric would spark them into life again but I think that was the worst I've ever seen Modric play, age has finally caught up with him. The flattering to deceive looks to be finally over by City in the competition. Pep Guardiola is overdue a Champions league title also (12 years waiting)  record win in the Champions league or European cup final is 4-0, won't be any surprise if Man City match or better that score line against Inter.

mrdeeds

Are we avoiding the elephant in the room that Man City have financial doped. The Lance Armstrong of football.

markl121

Quote from: mrdeeds on May 17, 2023, 11:52:52 PM
Are we avoiding the elephant in the room that Man City have financial doped. The Lance Armstrong of football.
exactly. Barely mentioned by journalists too

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: markl121 on May 17, 2023, 11:55:07 PM

Delaney does and gets destroyed. Every EPL team is at it to some level.

From the Bunker

Talk of the Treble has been barely mentioned up to this also, which shows a underlying contempt for City. This time last year you could not but read about Liverpool's Treble chances which were always a lot slimmer to achieve.

snoopdog

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 18, 2023, 06:42:48 AM

Talk of the Treble has been barely mentioned up to this also, which shows a underlying contempt for City. This time last year you could not but read about Liverpool's Treble chances which were always a lot slimmer to achieve.
Last season Liverpool themselves were on about a quadruple. Been plenty of talk last 2 months of a city treble.  They basically wrapped it up last night. They will win the title this weekend and rest the players till June 3rd hammer utd at Wembley then destroy inter in Istanbul. As a utd fan it would be great to deny them in the cup final though. It shows how big an achievement 99 was.
Loads of supposed self declared better teams never got close to that achievement. City are a class act on the pitch. The FFP is a bit of a joke though. What's happened to all the talk of the rule breeches. 

imtommygunn

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 17, 2023, 10:20:34 PM
Real Madrid weren't in the best of form coming into this tie and were hoping the return of Modric would spark them into life again but I think that was the worst I've ever seen Modric play, age has finally caught up with him. The flattering to deceive looks to be finally over by City in the competition. Pep Guardiola is overdue a Champions league title also (12 years waiting)  record win in the Champions league or European cup final is 4-0, won't be any surprise if Man City match or better that score line against Inter.

They , and tbh pep in particular with team selection, have made some awful balls ups in the CL. They may win easily but still a part of me thinks they could freeze though. I hope they win it tbh as they are a phenomenal team and I don't really like inter.

NAG1

Plenty of talk about the treble but I think fans look at Man City in a different light to other clubs.

I would have thought that is why most other fans were happy enough to see Arsenal fall away, because they are a proper 'legacy' club.

Tbf to City some of the football over both legs was sublime, I just think they will never be regarded in the same light as the clubs around them rightly or wrongly.