Looks like a bit of craic

Started by SLIGONIAN, May 11, 2011, 12:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3361220

Visitors to Canada's National Tower in Toronto can now pay $175 (£111) to walk hands-free around the outside of the building... attached only by a cable.

Groups of up to eight will shuffle across a ledge that's only 5ft wide, has no guard-rail and is 1,168ft above ground.

During the experience, called EdgeWalk, trained guides will encourage adrenaline junkies to lean over the edge of the tower and take in views of Toronto and Lake Ontario.

The insane-looking experience lasts around 90 minutes, with the walk itself taking 20-30 minutes.

Anyone can have a go as long as they meet height and weight requirements, and the experience has been designed with 'utmost safety and security in mind'.

CN Tower President Mark Laroche said: "EdgeWalk is both thrilling and unique and will push visitors to their limits — literally and figuratively."

:-\ wouldnt mind doing it, but take balls of steel
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Denn Forever

Quote1,168ft above ground.
[/size]

Going by that picture, they don't look to be almost 400 yards above ground.

That said, wouldn't do it my self.

Quotetake in views of Toronto and Lake Ontario.
[/size]

Hire a boat?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

muppet

MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ross4life

A bit pricey but i would certainly do it! though i don't think it would beat the views/thrills of scream, insanity in Las Vegas or the Skyjump http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYp4wcgJbFA&feature=player_embedded
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Lecale2

Not for me. I get acrophobia crossing the Ormeau Bridge.

under the bar

I did the flying fox in Canada wherby you go across a valley in a zipwire face down.  the instructor told me to go have a crap before I did it as a few punters had lost control of their bowels half way across.    This would take the buscuit as it seems you're totally in control as to where you walk and appeal to the the voice in your head that says "Go closer to the edge!" .   

laoislad

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 11, 2011, 03:57:08 PM
Quote1,168ft above ground.
[/size]

Going by that picture, they don't look to be almost 400 yards above ground.

That said, wouldn't do it my self.

It's called Tilt and Shift photography.
Just learning how to do it myself but its a great effect when applied right.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

5 Sams

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 11, 2011, 12:58:18 PM
http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3361220

Visitors to Canada's National Tower in Toronto can now pay $175 (£111) to walk hands-free around the outside of the building... attached only by a cable.

Groups of up to eight will shuffle across a ledge that's only 5ft wide, has no guard-rail and is 1,168ft above ground.

During the experience, called EdgeWalk, trained guides will encourage adrenaline junkies to lean over the edge of the tower and take in views of Toronto and Lake Ontario.

The insane-looking experience lasts around 90 minutes, with the walk itself taking 20-30 minutes.

Anyone can have a go as long as they meet height and weight requirements, and the experience has been designed with 'utmost safety and security in mind'.

CN Tower President Mark Laroche said: "EdgeWalk is both thrilling and unique and will push visitors to their limits — literally and figuratively."

:-\ wouldnt mind doing it, but take balls of steel

I remember being at the top of the CN Tower and part of the floor was made of glass so you could see right to the bottom. Even that scared the shit out of me so this would be a no no :o
The Aristocrat Years

Kerry Mike

QuoteI remember being at the top of the CN Tower and part of the floor was made of glass so you could see right to the bottom. Even that scared the shit out of me so this would be a no no

Done that as well about 10 years ago with the glass floor except my Uncle who lives over there started to jump up and down on it as he seems to do with all his visitors over there, he was getting some quare looks !!

I'm not sure I could do the walk outside, need to have a barrier of some sort in front of me.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football