Laois v Longford May 22nd O'Moore Park,Portlaoise.

Started by laoislad, May 04, 2011, 09:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Laois 4/11
Longford 11/4
Draw 8/1

Read on twitter this evening that this game will be live on RTE.

Hopefully Laois will carry their league form into this game,but wouldn't be surprised if we lost.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

panc56

Any idea why Laois have home advantage? Very tough game for the Larries and an even tougher assignment if we were to come through it. Confidence will be high in the Longford camp and if they can stay in the game up to half time I'd expect them to go close to pulling off a shock win. Great backline this season - mean!

God I love the championship.

Croí na hÉireann

Didn't these two teams play in Portlaoise in their last championship meeting as well?  ???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Quote from: panc56 on May 04, 2011, 10:26:28 PM
Any idea why Laois have home advantage? Very tough game for the Larries and an even tougher assignment if we were to come through it. Confidence will be high in the Longford camp and if they can stay in the game up to half time I'd expect them to go close to pulling off a shock win. Great backline this season - mean!

God I love the championship.

Double header I presume, and Laois is a good ground. Laois Longford and Kildare Wicklow is the DH I think.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 05, 2011, 11:46:42 AM
Didn't these two teams play in Portlaoise in their last championship meeting as well?  ???

It was in Tullamore; and we were robbed. Kinda.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

I think ye were robbed blind that day. Was that not the square ball incident?

Billys Boots

It was.  The goal would have put us a point up, and we'd have had the momentum going into the last ten.  As it turned out we didn't score again, and Laois won by four. 

First time I'd seen MJ Tierney, and I think it would be fair to say he was the dominant player on either side that day. 

Blowitupref

If i were a Longford fan i would be worried about the amount of wides they are kicking, the winners  of this has honour of facing the Dubs.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

I love the Larries thread season that starts in May and sometimes even goes into the back end of July.
There is a calmness and inner peace about the posters that the Mayo threads never feature.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Shamrock Shore

Seafoid

As the wind is usually westerly we can thank Ming and his Roscommon pals for our inner calm in Longford as the smoke wafts our way........

Billy is right on the last time we met Laois - the time before that was worse - 93 in Portlaoise. We got an awful beating. It was cruel. Inhuman. Even Laois took pity on us at the end and gifted two goals in the last 10 minutes. I think it was 93. We got some awful thrasings in the 90s from Wicklow, Offaly, Meath and Laois. They all have merged into one in my brain. The worst indignity ever was Colm O'Rourke asking to be taken off at half time the last time Meed played The Larries in the Leinster so that he could hop in the car to Carrick on Shannon to be an analyst in a Leitrim championship match.

Fast forward to May 22. Shure we'll go in confidence. What have we to lose? If we can, as someone pointed out, limit the wides and also take an edge in midfield then we are in with a shout. Laois will be red hot here so the pressure is on them.

Laoislad can stand me a a choc ice if we win! I'll get him a kit-kat if Laois do the business.

Billys Boots

Quote from: seafoid on May 05, 2011, 03:08:47 PM
I love the Larries thread season that starts in May and sometimes even goes into the back end of July.
There is a calmness and inner peace about the posters that the Mayo threads never feature.

Shure that's why everyone wants to be a Larry!  ;)

And don't be mean to the Godhelpusheens.  :)

Qwerty28

Think that Laois game was 1994....we were back in the car headed for home bout 10 minutes into the 2nd half!

Dont like Portlaoise, only seem to lose there, Louth last year, Wicklow year before, U-21 final this year......I'll still be there tho!!

panc56

I hate the place :'(
Would our last championship win over Laois be the 68 Leinster Final?

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 06, 2011, 12:22:09 AM

Laoislad can stand me a a choc ice if we win! I'll get him a kit-kat if Laois do the business.

We are posh in Laois,I want a bar of Galaxy or nothing.
You can forget your working class Kit Kat.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteWe are posh in Laois,I want a bar of Galaxy or nothing.
You can forget your working class Kit Kat.

LOL - the chances of finding the hawkers selling galaxy bars adin in the grounds are slim to eff all.

It's a melty Kit-Kat or a warm Coke/Fanta/7-Up.

Your choice.

And yes it may have been in 94 and as far as I can recall most of the lads around me effed off at half time as Liverpool were on the telly.
And yes, we haven't beaten Laois since 1968.