The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

£64m fee agreed for Darwin Nunez according to Benfica statement

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on June 13, 2022, 07:38:11 AM
£64m fee agreed for Darwin Nunez according to Benfica statement

Is that fairly cheap in todays transfers?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Fair play to Klopp, he's operating on a shoestring budget. Some return. 3 almost league titles.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on June 13, 2022, 09:23:47 AM
Fair play to Klopp, he's operating on a shoestring budget. Some return. 3 almost league titles.

But, but, but Net spend...

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on June 13, 2022, 09:27:51 AM

But, but, but Net spend...

Ah yes the Net Spend cup. Perennial winners.

tonto1888

An actual league title. A Champions League title. FA Cup. League Cup. Decent return I would say

trueblue1234

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 13, 2022, 09:45:33 AM

An actual league title. A Champions League title. FA Cup. League Cup. Decent return I would say

Know a few teams who would think they were dreaming if they had the same return. 😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Jeepers Creepers

laoislad

The saltiness  of the apes on here make this deal all the sweeter ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 13, 2022, 10:09:40 AM
Whole deal for Nunez worth €100 mio.

If it gets to €100m you would assume Liverpool will be happy to pay it as will probably mean they have won a league/Champions League and he has scored a bagful
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 13, 2022, 10:21:37 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 13, 2022, 10:09:40 AM
Whole deal for Nunez worth €100 mio.

If it gets to €100m you would assume Liverpool will be happy to pay it as will probably mean they have won a league/Champions League and he has scored a bagful

Exactly,  he'll have paid that many times over.

Will be interesting to see how he settles in. From what I've seen of him,  which isn't a great deal,  he looks like a really exciting player. Can score with either feet and is strong in the air. We may see a slight tactical switch in how the team set up when he plays as he is very much a no 9. Bobby or Carvalho/Elliot might be in a no 10 role with a double midfield 'pivot'. You would also like to think there's goals for him from Trent & Robbo assists.

Milltown Row2

Goal scoring wasn't an issue I'd thought at Liverpool, so many chip in and fill in when ones are injured,, How many goals did they score last season?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

keep her low this half

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 12:00:59 PM
Goal scoring wasn't an issue I'd thought at Liverpool, so many chip in and fill in when ones are injured,, How many goals did they score last season?
Probably preparation for Mane leaving this summer and Salah next summer. They account for a very high % of Liverpool's goals.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: keep her low this half on June 13, 2022, 12:21:03 PM
Probably preparation for Mane leaving this summer and Salah next summer. They account for a very high % of Liverpool's goals.

One poster on here was saying Diaz was Mane's replacement which has worked out really well considering his performances this season, Changing their style could be brilliant but considering their points tally last year more of the same would/could be enough..

Hopefully for Liverpool he doesn't end up like Peter Crouch or Andy Carroll  ;)

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 12:27:12 PM
Quote from: keep her low this half on June 13, 2022, 12:21:03 PM

One poster on here was saying Diaz was Mane's replacement which has worked out really well considering his performances this season, Changing their style could be brilliant but considering their points tally last year more of the same would/could be enough..

Hopefully for Liverpool he doesn't end up like Peter Crouch or Andy Carroll  ;)

Crouch did fine at Liverpool. He just wasn't quite the elite level they needed to push on to the top. Torres was, but then other events took over.

Carroll was a complete failure.