The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

He never usually drops Van Dijk and Salah. He is taking a big risk here. I thought he would play his first choice team tonight and rest players against City in the cup.

dec

Quote from: gawa316 on April 13, 2022, 07:09:40 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 13, 2022, 07:03:06 PM
Not sure about this one Jurgen....but sure what do i know

That bench would be some team!

My money would be on the bench vs the starters

J70

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 13, 2022, 07:11:15 PM
He never usually drops Van Dijk and Salah. He is taking a big risk here. I thought he would play his first choice team tonight and rest players against City in the cup.

I agree.

Benfica get the first goal and its all to play for.

On the bright side though, there are five subs allowed.

laoislad

Ah lads it's not like he's put the U21s out. That starting 11 would probably still beat every Premier League club bar Man City. 5 subs allowed also so no panic even if we do go behind.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

Think Milners starting to stand out a bit these days...not for the right reasons either. Great pro and great behind the scenes id say but more a man for some minutes against lower league opposition than this..

Tony Baloney

screenexile

Atletico giving an exhibition in how to play City here they just don't have the finishers. Liverpool should take note!

north_antrim_hound

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

From the Bunker

Job done. Kept Benfica at arms length (just).Squad rotated! No obvious knocks or injuries. Next game!

Capt Pat

Villareal up next and they have taken out Juventus and Bayern so are not to be taken lightly. Still a big opportunity for Liverpool and it looks like it will be another champions league final for us in 2022.

City a team with a lot of great attacking and creative players and no centre forward up against Real Madrid with one great creative player in Modric and an on fire centre forward. City are the better all round team but will the lack of a great goal scorer come back to haunt them again.

It will be a city versus Liverpool final again imho. Pool to win on penos.

gawa316

Reminded me a bit of the Roma semi's a few years ago...clearly the better team but took our foot of the pedal and a couple of late goals made it closer than it needed to be

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 13, 2022, 11:15:11 PM
Villareal up next and they have taken out Juventus and Bayern so are not to be taken lightly. Still a big opportunity for Liverpool and it looks like it will be another champions league final for us in 2022.

City a team with a lot of great attacking and creative players and no centre forward up against Real Madrid with one great creative player in Modric and an on fire centre forward. City are the better all round team but will the lack of a great goal scorer come back to haunt them again.

The 2019 Charity shield final? ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trileacman

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 13, 2022, 11:15:11 PM

The old premier league myopia strikes again. Vinicius jr is an excellent attacking player vastly superior to all city's attackers bar foden and Mahrez.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

thewobbler

"Vastly superior".

You're suffering from a myopia of your own.