The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Looks like the trusted folk say we in for Luis Diaz

toby47

Luis Diaz would be a great bit of business if Liverpool can swoop him from under Spurs nose.

Salah, Mane, Diaz, Jote, Firmino, Minamino - Would be serious options. Still think Liverpool would improve 10 fold with a world class number 9 though.

gawa316

Quote from: toby47 on January 28, 2022, 08:28:07 AM
Luis Diaz would be a great bit of business if Liverpool can swoop him from under Spurs nose.

Salah, Mane, Diaz, Jote, Firmino, Minamino - Would be serious options. Still think Liverpool would improve 10 fold with a world class number 9 though.

How so? Or who would you recommend? We are the top scorers in the league as it is.

thewobbler

Luis Diaz. Really, I've never seen the lad so he could be anything. That he's Colombian is a black mark, for they've an appalling record in the PL (though someone must eventually break that duck).

What I suppose I'm getting at is that anyone getting excited about Diaz has probably not seen him play but has seen the transfer fee and made assumptions.

brokencrossbar1

Have seen him play several times through CL and international matches. He is a top talent and has the ability to really push on. The one thing about Klopp signings generally is centred on their mentality. If he has the right mentality he absolutely has the right skill set. The club has been tracking him for some time. Had planned to get him in the summer but Spurs interest brought that forward. I think he'll do fine and not an outrageous high fee given what is generally paid

toby47

Quote from: gawa316 on January 28, 2022, 08:41:04 AM

How so? Or who would you recommend? We are the top scorers in the league as it is.

Lautaro Martinez, Vlahovic or Osimhen. Top scorers yeah, but always room for improvement. I just thought Liverpools next big money signing might have been upgrading Firmino to someone who gets more goals.

laoislad

If Liverpool want him they will get him, no player is choosing Spurs over Liverpool if the option is there to join Liverpool.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on January 28, 2022, 09:14:05 AM
If Liverpool want him they will get him, no player is choosing Spurs over Liverpool if the option is there to join Liverpool.

Yeah and the big thing is an awful lot of the main journos are reporting it so that would suggest that is real. This season he has 16 goals and 6 assists in 28 games. He's a bit of a slow burner but ready to hopefully step to the next level.

quit yo jibbajabba

Having watched 2mins on youtube i confidently predict this guy will be our greatest ever player 😎

do nothing all jan and if this goes through origi taki nat may all go.....fsg dont mess around

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 28, 2022, 09:24:32 AM
Having watched 2mins on youtube i confidently predict this guy will be our greatest ever player 😎

do nothing all jan and if this goes through origi taki nat may all go.....fsg dont mess around
Another journalist by the name of Graeme Bailey reporting Liverpool interested in Fulham's Fabio Carvalho. Liverpool are like Dublin Buses nothing for ages then 2 come at once.
Other journalists saying Man United were in for Diaz also.

Hound

Quote from: toby47 on January 28, 2022, 09:06:22 AM

Lautaro Martinez, Vlahovic or Osimhen. Top scorers yeah, but always room for improvement. I just thought Liverpools next big money signing might have been upgrading Firmino to someone who gets more goals.
Jota is the upgrade on Firmino.
Luis Diaz would be alternate to Salah and Mane
Diaz just turned 25 this month, so ideal age.
Going to be difficult to get a deal through with him in South America, but if we do it'll probably mean we'll let Minamino go to Leeds or Monaco, who've both expressed interest.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hound on January 28, 2022, 10:18:50 AM

Going to be difficult to get a deal through with him in South America, but if we do it'll probably mean we'll let Minamino go to Leeds or Monaco, who've both expressed interest.
Be happy to see this tbh. Just don't think he has it. Flashes every now and again but has had long enough and I just don't see enough which is a pity.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

quit yo jibbajabba

Think the move was too big for him. Also a bit lightweight and over 2yrs later this is still the case. Still hard to know where he actually plays and writing was on the wall when gordon started ahead on him against arsenal. Seems a humble sort so hope he does well elsewhere

laoislad

Quote from: Hound on January 28, 2022, 10:18:50 AM

Would feel bad for Minamino missing out on the Cup Final seeing as his goals were important getting us to it!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: thewobbler on January 28, 2022, 08:53:54 AM
Luis Diaz. Really, I've never seen the lad so he could be anything. That he's Colombian is a black mark, for they've an appalling record in the PL (though someone must eventually break that duck).

What I suppose I'm getting at is that anyone getting excited about Diaz has probably not seen him play but has seen the transfer fee and made assumptions.

Sounds like the moaning of a supporter whose team tried to get Diaz to sign throughout the whole transfer window and failed.