Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: thewobbler on January 11, 2022, 11:00:32 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 10, 2022, 11:24:18 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on January 10, 2022, 10:09:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 10, 2022, 04:28:50 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 10, 2022, 09:08:44 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 09, 2022, 08:20:18 PM
"Leicester informed the Premier League they would be unable to fulfil Tuesday's fixture at Everton due to a combination of Covid cases, injuries and players being at AFCON; it is the second time the game has been postponed because of Leicester being unable to field a team"

I'm sure Glenn Hoddle, Danny Mills etc will be all over the airwaves tomorrow with indignation!

Given that all but one of Liverpool's squad for last weds was miraculously false negative, it's probably for the best if scouse and their fans keep shush on this, rather than pretend there's some media conspiracy against them.

Looks like Klopp used the cup week to engineer a mid-season break for his players. It's underhand. It's cheating. But I still sort think, fair play.

FFS. ::) ;D
you think theres nothing dodgy about this? The odds of a false positive are over a 1000/1, what are the odds on having so many false positives from a small sample. Let's be honest if this was man city Liverpool fans would be all over this

Ok, let's say it WAS a conspiracy.

To what end? Liverpool now have an away cup semi against an up and coming Arsenal stuck between two very important premier league games, instead of between a premier league game and a cup tie against a minnow.

Also gave up playing the home leg second.

Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

They got a break between a hectic Christmas period, and the CL knockout stages. What's not to like about that?

Stop.... just stop. You're digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself. The Inter game isn't until February 16th.

laoislad

The fume this has caused has been hilarious  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Quote from: laoislad on January 11, 2022, 12:37:34 PM
The fume this has caused has been hilarious  ;D

It's just ridiculous. This is only the latest in a string of misinformed stories around it. Remember how liverpool faked the tests to get the AFCON players back? Even though there was no possibility of that being the case....
It's gave liverpool a reason to go out and win what was a pointless competition. I really hope it happens now.

thewobbler

Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2022, 12:09:25 PM
"Leicester informed the Premier League they would be unable to fulfil Tuesday's fixture at Everton due to a combination of Covid cases, injuries and players being at AFCON; it is the second time the game has been postponed because of Leicester being unable to field a team"

I'm sure Glenn Hoddle, Danny Mills etc will be all over the airwaves tomorrow with indignation!

Given that all but one of Liverpool's squad for last weds was miraculously false negative, it's probably for the best if scouse and their fans keep shush on this, rather than pretend there's some media conspiracy against them.

Looks like Klopp used the cup week to engineer a mid-season break for his players. It's underhand. It's cheating. But I still sort think, fair play.

you think theres nothing dodgy about this? The odds of a false positive are over a 1000/1, what are the odds on having so many false positives from a small sample. Let's be honest if this was man city Liverpool fans would be all over this

To what end? Liverpool now have an away cup semi against an up and coming Arsenal stuck between two very important premier league games, instead of between a premier league game and a cup tie against a minnow.

They got a break between a hectic Christmas period, and the CL knockout stages. What's not to like about that?

CL knockout is not for another month. What difference is three days off training/playing going to make then?

And it still leaves them with a very tough ten days starting this Thursday with the second leg home advantage lost.

But, no one can prove anything either way, so if it makes you happy to go the conspiracy angle, knock yourself out.

It's not 3 days off! For the vast majority of the Liverpool first team squad, it's an 11 day break between matches.

Klopp is no daftie. If Liverpool are going to go hard on 4 fronts for the rest of the season, this was the only opportunity for some R&R for a squad that doesn't have the strength in depth of City and Chelsea.

It's a form of cheating. But as stated previously, I kind of respect it. Finding and exploiting loopholes is commended in almost every other walk of life.

Farrandeelin

Or Everton, hell even Man Utd too, come to think of it Chelsea as they're up there as well.

P.S. this is the first I've read of this so I'm not on the anti-Liverpool bandwagon myself.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GiveItToTheShooters

The fume is glorious. Biggest club in the country.

J70

Quote from: thewobbler on January 11, 2022, 12:43:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2022, 12:09:25 PM

CL knockout is not for another month. What difference is three days off training/playing going to make then?

And it still leaves them with a very tough ten days starting this Thursday with the second leg home advantage lost.

But, no one can prove anything either way, so if it makes you happy to go the conspiracy angle, knock yourself out.

It's not 3 days off! For the vast majority of the Liverpool first team squad, it's an 11 day break between matches.

Klopp is no daftie. If Liverpool are going to go hard on 4 fronts for the rest of the season, this was the only opportunity for some R&R for a squad that doesn't have the strength in depth of City and Chelsea.

It's a form of cheating. But as stated previously, I kind of respect it. Finding and exploiting loopholes is commended in almost every other walk of life.

They shut down the training centre for three days in coordination with the public health authority. I would expect there could be all kinds of serious repercussions if it turns out that anything underhanded took place, beginning with forfeiting the LC semi and possible suspensions. 

And if Klopp was so determined to give all those players a rest, he could have just used the FA Cup match like he has every other year. As it turned out, because of the cancellation of the Arsenal game, he had to use it to give a few players coming back from suspension, covid and injury a run out.

laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 11, 2022, 12:52:46 PM

Or Everton, hell even Man Utd too, come to think of it Chelsea as they're up there as well.

P.S. this is the first I've read of this so I'm not on the anti-Liverpool bandwagon myself.
But there HAS been plenty of games postponed involving those teams and others and no one has said a word about !!
For some reason though all the crazies get outraged when it's Liverpool who have to postpone a game

Gabriel_Hurl

Great to see a former club hero representing at the AFCON  ;)

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 11, 2022, 06:04:32 PM
Great to see a former club hero representing at the AFCON  ;)

The Stallion would be very proud

quit yo jibbajabba

Howd the big lawd wing that one?! What country even is that. Fair play to him was he in bother with the drink at a stage?

Stallion looking on proudly for sure

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 11, 2022, 06:52:10 PM
Howd the big lawd wing that one?! What country even is that. Fair play to him was he in bother with the drink at a stage?

Sierra Leon...one of his grandparents is from there

TabClear

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 11, 2022, 06:52:10 PM

Great to see the return of the big centre forward, none of that false 9 rubbish!

laoislad

Very poor so far, haven't troubled their goalkeeper at all since the sending off.
Could do with getting at least one goal before the 2nd leg.