The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: tiempo on January 10, 2022, 09:49:40 AM
Some bunch of spoofers them red men.

Reminds me of the old maxim... Lazarus was a great man, but he couldn't kick points like Colin Corkery.
Kind of ironic that someone from Tyrone of all places would have an issue with this  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

Shouldve just went with Lazarus. Tried to hard to squeeze that quote in. Net result = fail

johnnycool

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 10, 2022, 09:54:15 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 10, 2022, 09:08:44 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 09, 2022, 08:20:18 PM
"Leicester informed the Premier League they would be unable to fulfil Tuesday's fixture at Everton due to a combination of Covid cases, injuries and players being at AFCON; it is the second time the game has been postponed because of Leicester being unable to field a team"

I'm sure Glenn Hoddle, Danny Mills etc will be all over the airwaves tomorrow with indignation!

Given that all but one of Liverpool's squad for last weds was miraculously false negative, it's probably for the best if scouse and their fans keep shush on this, rather than pretend there's some media conspiracy against them.

Looks like Klopp used the cup week to engineer a mid-season break for his players. It's underhand. It's cheating. But I still sort think, fair play.

Put away the tinfoil hat!
Leicester have had to postpone a match (yet again) a week after they were seen at the darts. There isn't a word about this today.
Play on I say. Should forfeit the points if they can't field, play academy players etc etc etc

If they weren't getting players legs broke when they play Liverpool they'd be in a better position to field..

Gone fishing...

Dire Ear

Quote from: laoislad on January 10, 2022, 10:26:43 AM
Quote from: tiempo on January 10, 2022, 09:49:40 AM
Some bunch of spoofers them red men.

Reminds me of the old maxim... Lazarus was a great man, but he couldn't kick points like Colin Corkery.
Kind of ironic that someone from Tyrone of all places would have an issue with this  ;D

Stuck in the middle on this one... ;D ;D ;D ;D

J70

"Leicester informed the Premier League they would be unable to fulfil Tuesday's fixture at Everton due to a combination of Covid cases, injuries and players being at AFCON; it is the second time the game has been postponed because of Leicester being unable to field a team"

I'm sure Glenn Hoddle, Danny Mills etc will be all over the airwaves tomorrow with indignation!

Given that all but one of Liverpool's squad for last weds was miraculously false negative, it's probably for the best if scouse and their fans keep shush on this, rather than pretend there's some media conspiracy against them.

Looks like Klopp used the cup week to engineer a mid-season break for his players. It's underhand. It's cheating. But I still sort think, fair play.

FFS. ::) ;D

dec

SHEEDY

Quote from: J70 on January 10, 2022, 04:28:50 PM

you think theres nothing dodgy about this? The odds of a false positive are over a 1000/1, what are the odds on having so many false positives from a small sample. Let's be honest if this was man city Liverpool fans would be all over this
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 10, 2022, 10:09:29 PM

you think theres nothing dodgy about this? The odds of a false positive are over a 1000/1, what are the odds on having so many false positives from a small sample. Let's be honest if this was man city Liverpool fans would be all over this
Let's be honest,the only reason you or anyone else is all over this is because it's Liverpool...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

SHEEDY

Quote from: laoislad on January 10, 2022, 10:15:43 PM

Let's be honest,the only reason you or anyone else is all over this is because it's Liverpool...
to be honest there would've been a time I would've been all over it just for the slagging but at the minute with Rafa as the gaffer across the park I've sorta gone off football 😔
nil satis nisi optimum

J70

Ok, let's say it WAS a conspiracy.

To what end? Liverpool now have an away cup semi against an up and coming Arsenal stuck between two very important premier league games, instead of between a premier league game and a cup tie against a minnow.

Also gave up playing the home leg second.

Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

J70

I wonder how much the infected tester got to sneeze all over the test kits or draw in the lines?

Or maybe Trent and Pep Ljinders donated some of their snot to everyone else to plant in their nose.

Hound

Where did you come across 1000+/1 for a false positive?
Up to 25/1 is what I've found. And that could be understated as most non-symptomatic patients don't get immediately re-tested and just isolate.
The two main reasons for false positive are lab error and cross-reaction (something other than Covid reacting with the test to produce a positive).
Where it's lab error, it tends to result in a number of false tests. There have been a few examples of this happening, including the Irish soccer team and English rugby team.

RedHand88

When all the false positives are from one lab it really isn't that unfeasible. Nothing to do with Liverpool FC.
Would love to know where 1000/1 came from too!

thewobbler

Quote from: J70 on January 10, 2022, 11:24:18 PM

To what end? Liverpool now have an away cup semi against an up and coming Arsenal stuck between two very important premier league games, instead of between a premier league game and a cup tie against a minnow.

They got a break between a hectic Christmas period, and the CL knockout stages. What's not to like about that?

J70

Quote from: thewobbler on January 11, 2022, 11:00:32 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 10, 2022, 11:24:18 PM

They got a break between a hectic Christmas period, and the CL knockout stages. What's not to like about that?

CL knockout is not for another month. What difference is three days off training/playing going to make then?

And it still leaves them with a very tough ten days starting this Thursday with the second leg home advantage lost.

But, no one can prove anything either way, so if it makes you happy to go the conspiracy angle, knock yourself out.