The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Cavan19 on January 05, 2022, 12:03:24 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 05, 2022, 11:34:13 AM
Quote from: laoislad on January 05, 2022, 11:08:04 AM
Funny how this seems to be an issue now that Liverpool want a game postponed.. games being called all over the shop in the Premier League and no one questioning it...

Exactly. It's ridiculous. They don't even try to hide it. Everton had just 5 players positive Christmas week and got their game moved. And there wasn't a peep.
People love to throw the old victim tag at Liverpool but when stuff like this happens is it any wonder?

Klopp was banging on a few weeks ago saying that games should be played.

He was talking about the proposals to take a league-wide break, NOT postponing games where clubs had outbreaks.

Cavan19

Quote from: J70 on January 05, 2022, 12:15:35 PM
Funny how this seems to be an issue now that Liverpool want a game postponed.. games being called all over the shop in the Premier League and no one questioning it...

Exactly. It's ridiculous. They don't even try to hide it. Everton had just 5 players positive Christmas week and got their game moved. And there wasn't a peep.
People love to throw the old victim tag at Liverpool but when stuff like this happens is it any wonder?

He was talking about the proposals to take a league-wide break, NOT postponing games where clubs had outbreaks.

He likes to suit himself anyway.

RedHand88

Quote from: Cavan19 on January 05, 2022, 12:17:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 05, 2022, 12:15:35 PM

He likes to suit himself anyway.

What does this even mean? Plus it's the club that is requesting a postponement, not Klopp. He hasn't spoken on it to my knowledge.

laoislad

No one calling for the season to be null and voided either... strange that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Confirmation now that 1st leg of the League Cup semi-final has been postponed; EFL have granted Liverpool's request but Liverpool have now forfeited home advantage for second leg. First game at Anfield on Jan 13, return at The Emirates on Jan 20 🔴

Milltown Row2

With the games postponed it will be effectively a mini break, the welfare of these players is paramount, considering how hard they are pushed. Must be the hardest job in the world, certainly based on what they have been saying lately
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2022, 03:55:40 PM
With the games postponed it will be effectively a mini break, the welfare of these players is paramount, considering how hard they are pushed. Must be the hardest job in the world, certainly based on what they have been saying lately

If its an easy job you are free to go for it MR2.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 05, 2022, 07:44:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2022, 03:55:40 PM

If its an easy job you are free to go for it MR2.

If I was a professional footballer, I would not be complaining, I was/am an amateur Gael and never complained,  playing hurling/football:training plus going to work.

Silver spoon attitude by these lads, they've a working life of 16 years, the best medical teams that money can buy, they'll retire in their mid 30's and have generated millions. Excuse me for thinking they are taking the piss. Their workload is minimal compared to nurses/doctors

If you feel they have a hard job can you point out where?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Early scare but run out 4-1 winners. Thought a few of the youngsters looked good...especially Gordon

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on January 09, 2022, 04:31:55 PM
Early scare but run out 4-1 winners. Thought a few of the youngsters looked good...especially Gordon
Gordon shone alright.
Cardiff City in next round.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

"Leicester informed the Premier League they would be unable to fulfil Tuesday's fixture at Everton due to a combination of Covid cases, injuries and players being at AFCON; it is the second time the game has been postponed because of Leicester being unable to field a team"

I'm sure Glenn Hoddle, Danny Mills etc will be all over the airwaves tomorrow with indignation!

thewobbler

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 09, 2022, 08:20:18 PM
"Leicester informed the Premier League they would be unable to fulfil Tuesday's fixture at Everton due to a combination of Covid cases, injuries and players being at AFCON; it is the second time the game has been postponed because of Leicester being unable to field a team"

I'm sure Glenn Hoddle, Danny Mills etc will be all over the airwaves tomorrow with indignation!

Given that all but one of Liverpool's squad for last weds was miraculously false negative, it's probably for the best if scouse and their fans keep shush on this, rather than pretend there's some media conspiracy against them.

Looks like Klopp used the cup week to engineer a mid-season break for his players. It's underhand. It's cheating. But I still sort think, fair play.

tiempo

Some bunch of spoofers them red men.

Reminds me of the old maxim... Lazarus was a great man, but he couldn't kick points like Colin Corkery.

RedHand88

Quote from: thewobbler on January 10, 2022, 09:08:44 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 09, 2022, 08:20:18 PM

Given that all but one of Liverpool's squad for last weds was miraculously false negative, it's probably for the best if scouse and their fans keep shush on this, rather than pretend there's some media conspiracy against them.

Looks like Klopp used the cup week to engineer a mid-season break for his players. It's underhand. It's cheating. But I still sort think, fair play.

Put away the tinfoil hat!
Leicester have had to postpone a match (yet again) a week after they were seen at the darts. There isn't a word about this today.
Play on I say. Should forfeit the points if they can't field, play academy players etc etc etc

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: tiempo on January 10, 2022, 09:49:40 AM
Some bunch of spoofers them red men.

Reminds me of the old maxim... Lazarus was a great man, but he couldn't kick points like Colin Corkery.

Dafuq