The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: johnnycool on July 05, 2022, 08:45:54 AM
Quote from: supersub on July 04, 2022, 05:36:58 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 02, 2022, 03:08:22 PM
Poor form meant that Salah's value went down in the second half of the season. If he had maintained earlier form, he might have held out and let his contract run down. Big spending suitors probably fell away, taking into account his age and loss of form. The pressure to regain form with a new club would have been tough. Signing a new deal with Liverpool was the lest pressure laden decision as he is loved on Merseyside. I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool sell him next year. Glad he has stayed all the same and hopefully gets his mojo back!

Holding onto Big players sets a tone also. Losing both him and mane would not have been good for that tone!

Salah's form has been remarkably consistent over the past 5 seasons. That's why his stock is so high. The last 4 months has very little to do with anything really. No doubt if he had been offered up there would have been plenty calling. Great to see him signing, and if it took a little nudge of the wage structure, so be it. We will never compete in the transfer market with the likes of City, so if we can gain a bit  in increased wages for proven assets, so be it.

Quote from: keep her low this half on July 04, 2022, 03:26:51 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 04, 2022, 03:11:40 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2022, 07:47:59 PM
Quote from: Armamike on July 02, 2022, 07:14:24 PM
Mane had a much better second half of the season than Mo.  I've mixed feelings over this.  If Mo is way out in front on wages it could be very destabilising.  I would be happier to see him go if that's the case.

Could be a watershed moment for Liverpool and their wage structure. Maybe they've priced in inevitable wage increases for the rest of the squad.

VVD, TAA and Robertson will be banging on the door for the same I'd have thought.

Defenders never get the same wages as forwards although they will probably all want a significant pay rise. TAA and VVD both know they would go for big money if Liverpool cashed in. Robertson is wearing on a bit so possibly not so much, can't see Madrid or Barca being in for him but they would be interested in the other two.

Ah Robbo is arguably a better fullback than Trent and possibly best in the league going on his all round game. Trent is a better footballer no doubt though. Mad that Trent isn't a certainty for an England squad when you take everything in. I'd say Robbo would start LB for England no issue.
Reece James is a much better defender at RB than trent as is Kyle Walker, neither offer the same in attack but the way England play that suits their style.

At that level the two England centre backs would be badly exposed with Arnold bombing forward leaving that space in behind.
No they're not.
This is just another myth rival fans come out with to elevate their own players up to Trent's level and bring Trent down. Say it often enough and it's true sort of thing.  Notice it's always Trent people compare other right backs to. TAA is the best RB in the league by quite a distance.

Cavan19

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on July 05, 2022, 12:51:13 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 05, 2022, 08:45:54 AM
Quote from: supersub on July 04, 2022, 05:36:58 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 02, 2022, 03:08:22 PM
Poor form meant that Salah's value went down in the second half of the season. If he had maintained earlier form, he might have held out and let his contract run down. Big spending suitors probably fell away, taking into account his age and loss of form. The pressure to regain form with a new club would have been tough. Signing a new deal with Liverpool was the lest pressure laden decision as he is loved on Merseyside. I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool sell him next year. Glad he has stayed all the same and hopefully gets his mojo back!

Holding onto Big players sets a tone also. Losing both him and mane would not have been good for that tone!

Salah's form has been remarkably consistent over the past 5 seasons. That's why his stock is so high. The last 4 months has very little to do with anything really. No doubt if he had been offered up there would have been plenty calling. Great to see him signing, and if it took a little nudge of the wage structure, so be it. We will never compete in the transfer market with the likes of City, so if we can gain a bit  in increased wages for proven assets, so be it.

Quote from: keep her low this half on July 04, 2022, 03:26:51 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 04, 2022, 03:11:40 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2022, 07:47:59 PM
Quote from: Armamike on July 02, 2022, 07:14:24 PM
Mane had a much better second half of the season than Mo.  I've mixed feelings over this.  If Mo is way out in front on wages it could be very destabilising.  I would be happier to see him go if that's the case.

Could be a watershed moment for Liverpool and their wage structure. Maybe they've priced in inevitable wage increases for the rest of the squad.

VVD, TAA and Robertson will be banging on the door for the same I'd have thought.

Defenders never get the same wages as forwards although they will probably all want a significant pay rise. TAA and VVD both know they would go for big money if Liverpool cashed in. Robertson is wearing on a bit so possibly not so much, can't see Madrid or Barca being in for him but they would be interested in the other two.

Ah Robbo is arguably a better fullback than Trent and possibly best in the league going on his all round game. Trent is a better footballer no doubt though. Mad that Trent isn't a certainty for an England squad when you take everything in. I'd say Robbo would start LB for England no issue.
Reece James is a much better defender at RB than trent as is Kyle Walker, neither offer the same in attack but the way England play that suits their style.

At that level the two England centre backs would be badly exposed with Arnold bombing forward leaving that space in behind.
No they're not.
This is just another myth rival fans come out with to elevate their own players up to Trent's level and bring Trent down. Say it often enough and it's true sort of thing.  Notice it's always Trent people compare other right backs to. TAA is the best RB in the league by quite a distance.

;D

imtommygunn

he's the most creative right back. That's not the same...

Cavan19

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 05, 2022, 04:01:31 PM
he's the most creative right back. That's not the same...

Exactly he is 4th choice right back for England behind James, Walker and Tripper.

J70

Put it this way: Would you swap TAA for any of the other England (or any other country's) full backs?

Not in a million years.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on July 05, 2022, 11:54:26 PM
Put it this way: Would you swap TAA for any of the other England (or any other country's) full backs?

Not in a million years.

When he gets to Gary Neville's standard or achievements I'll tip my hat...

;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: J70 on July 05, 2022, 11:54:26 PM

Not in a million years.

The real madrid right back. Every single day.

trueblue1234

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on July 06, 2022, 09:32:19 AM
The delusion  ;D
You don't need to defend every little comment about Liverpool players. I'm a Liverpool fan but would be undecided about TAA's greatness. He's a rolls Royce player going forward but his defensive play and positioning is certainly debatable.

It's not a crazy opinion to believe he's not the best RB on the planet. Nor in the premiership. If he ever manages to tighten his defensive game up then yes but at the minute he's still work to do.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 06, 2022, 11:05:20 AM
The delusion  ;D
You don't need to defend every little comment about Liverpool players. I'm a Liverpool fan but would be undecided about TAA's greatness. He's a rolls Royce player going forward but his defensive play and positioning is certainly debatable.

It's not a crazy opinion to believe he's not the best RB on the planet. Nor in the premiership. If he ever manages to tighten his defensive game up then yes but at the minute he's still work to do.
So even a self confessed Liverpool "fan" is buying into the rival propaganda about him now ;D
You're just as deluded as the rest of them

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on July 06, 2022, 12:42:57 PM
The delusion  ;D

So even a self confessed Liverpool "fan" is buying into the rival propaganda about him now ;D

Great attacking defender but terrible defender
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2022, 12:53:18 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on July 06, 2022, 12:42:57 PM
The delusion  ;D

Great attacking defender but terrible defender
He isn't a terrible defender.
Rival fan propaganda.

Milltown Row2

Hopefully he comes good as teams target that side for a reason

From the Bunker