Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - won the lot under Klopp  (Read 5083159 times)

toby47

• View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread
« Reply #48780 on: January 28, 2022, 09:06:22 AM »
Luis Diaz would be a great bit of business if Liverpool can swoop him from under Spurs nose.

Salah, Mane, Diaz, Jote, Firmino, Minamino - Would be serious options. Still think Liverpool would improve 10 fold with a world class number 9 though.

How so? Or who would you recommend? We are the top scorers in the league as it is.

Lautaro Martinez, Vlahovic or Osimhen. Top scorers yeah, but always room for improvement. I just thought Liverpools next big money signing might have been upgrading Firmino to someone who gets more goals.

laoislad

• 0-5
    • View Profile
    • https://youtu.be/meuYMrjJ-oc
« Reply #48781 on: January 28, 2022, 09:14:05 AM »
If Liverpool want him they will get him, no player is choosing Spurs over Liverpool if the option is there to join Liverpool.

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #48782 on: January 28, 2022, 09:20:37 AM »
If Liverpool want him they will get him, no player is choosing Spurs over Liverpool if the option is there to join Liverpool.

Yeah and the big thing is an awful lot of the main journos are reporting it so that would suggest that is real. This season he has 16 goals and 6 assists in 28 games. Heís a bit of a slow burner but ready to hopefully step to the next level.

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #48783 on: January 28, 2022, 09:24:32 AM »
Having watched 2mins on youtube i confidently predict this guy will be our greatest ever player 😎

do nothing all jan and if this goes through origi taki nat may all go.....fsg dont mess around

laoislad

• 0-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48784 on: January 28, 2022, 09:38:37 AM »
Having watched 2mins on youtube i confidently predict this guy will be our greatest ever player 😎

do nothing all jan and if this goes through origi taki nat may all go.....fsg dont mess around
Another journalist by the name of Graeme Bailey reporting Liverpool interested in Fulhamís Fabio Carvalho. Liverpool are like Dublin Buses nothing for ages then 2 come at once.
Other journalists saying Man United were in for Diaz also.

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #48785 on: January 28, 2022, 10:18:50 AM »
Luis Diaz would be a great bit of business if Liverpool can swoop him from under Spurs nose.

Salah, Mane, Diaz, Jote, Firmino, Minamino - Would be serious options. Still think Liverpool would improve 10 fold with a world class number 9 though.

How so? Or who would you recommend? We are the top scorers in the league as it is.

Lautaro Martinez, Vlahovic or Osimhen. Top scorers yeah, but always room for improvement. I just thought Liverpools next big money signing might have been upgrading Firmino to someone who gets more goals.
Jota is the upgrade on Firmino.
Luis Diaz would be alternate to Salah and Mane
Diaz just turned 25 this month, so ideal age.
Going to be difficult to get a deal through with him in South America, but if we do it'll probably mean we'll let Minamino go to Leeds or Monaco, who've both expressed interest.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #48786 on: January 28, 2022, 11:03:03 AM »

Going to be difficult to get a deal through with him in South America, but if we do it'll probably mean we'll let Minamino go to Leeds or Monaco, who've both expressed interest.
Be happy to see this tbh. Just donít think he has it. Flashes every now and again but has had long enough and I just donít see enough which is a pity.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #48787 on: January 28, 2022, 11:11:31 AM »
Think the move was too big for him. Also a bit lightweight and over 2yrs later this is still the case. Still hard to know where he actually plays and writing was on the wall when gordon started ahead on him against arsenal. Seems a humble sort so hope he does well elsewhere

laoislad

• 0-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48788 on: January 28, 2022, 11:12:51 AM »

Would feel bad for Minamino missing out on the Cup Final seeing as his goals were important getting us to it!

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #48789 on: January 28, 2022, 12:38:01 PM »
Luis Diaz. Really, Iíve never seen the lad so he could be anything. That heís Colombian is a black mark, for theyíve an appalling record in the PL (though someone must eventually break that duck).

What I suppose Iím getting at is that anyone getting excited about Diaz has probably not seen him play but has seen the transfer fee and made assumptions.

Sounds like the moaning of a supporter whose team tried to get Diaz to sign throughout the whole transfer window and failed.

Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #48790 on: January 28, 2022, 12:44:20 PM »
Is he being bought to replace Mane now or long term?'

Armamike

• View Profile
« Reply #48791 on: January 28, 2022, 12:48:50 PM »
Luis Diaz. Really, Iíve never seen the lad so he could be anything. That heís Colombian is a black mark, for theyíve an appalling record in the PL (though someone must eventually break that duck).

What I suppose Iím getting at is that anyone getting excited about Diaz has probably not seen him play but has seen the transfer fee and made assumptions.

Sounds like the moaning of a supporter whose team tried to get Diaz to sign throughout the whole transfer window and failed.

At this stage I'm happy to trust in our buying policy and hit rate with new signings. 
From doubters to believers again.

podge

• View Profile
« Reply #48792 on: January 28, 2022, 01:28:00 PM »

I am glad Jurgen doesn't log in here for transfer market advice or otherwise he might have had some wise guy telling him Salah was a waste of time because no Egyptian has ever made in the PL....    Brazilians didn't exactly have a stand out impact on the PL until recent years either. 

Maybe he's better just sticking to his own method of judging it on ability and character rather than birthplace ::) ::)

laoislad

• 0-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48793 on: January 30, 2022, 09:21:57 AM »
Diaz deal is done judging by the photos circulating this morning.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #48794 on: January 30, 2022, 12:05:21 PM »
Yes, itís confirmed. :)