Author Topic: DIY thread  (Read 13466 times)

JoG2

• View Profile
Re: DIY thread
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2021, 10:56:32 AM »
Anyone got recommendations for dealing with mould on a garden shed roof. Im positive its not leaking, I think the moisture was in the wood at the time of building. I've seen anti mould paint, should I just go ahead and give the roof a coat or would there be anything else needed before this?

Roof or celing majestic? I've used anti mould paint on a shed ceiling (hardwood) before, good job. Haven't had to reapply in over a year

Ceiling, what brand did you go for?

https://www.rawlinspaints.com/home/exterior-masonry-paints/368-rust-oleum-mathys-murfill-renovation-paint.html

This is what I used, on the recommendation of a builder. Says exterior, but worked a treat, and still is.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 07:39:47 PM by JoG2 »

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2021, 11:22:08 AM »
Anyone got recommendations for dealing with mould on a garden shed roof. Im positive its not leaking, I think the moisture was in the wood at the time of building. I've seen anti mould paint, should I just go ahead and give the roof a coat or would there be anything else needed before this?

Roof or celing majestic? I've used anti mould paint on a shed ceiling (hardwood) before, good job. Haven't had to reapply in over a year

Ceiling, what brand did you go for?

https://www.rawlinspaints.com/home/exterior-masonry-paints/368-rust-oleum-mathys-murfill-renovation-paint.html

This is what I used, on the recommendation of a builder. Says exterior, but worked a treat, and still is.

Majestic

gawa316

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2022, 02:12:50 AM »
Just got a new washing machine (still have the older one), the newer one has a bigger capacity and after the first wash the waste water couldn't get away quick enough and pished out all over the place. Waste pipe on new washer is 1.5 in and 1in in the old one.

Any idea what can be done? Other than put the old ones back in

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2022, 07:07:58 PM »
Anyone here ever hire a mini digger to do a small job even though they ve never used one before?
Just wondering are they hard to get onto ?
Thinking of going for it, hiring one and mess about with the controls , get the  hang of it and get the small job done by the end of the day

Nanderson

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2022, 07:17:37 PM »
Anyone here ever hire a mini digger to do a small job even though they ve never used one before?
Thinking of going for it, hiring one and mess about with the controls , get the  hang of it and get the small job done by the end of the day
Once you've been on it for 10 mins you'll be flying.

Turf

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2022, 07:21:37 PM »
Piece of piss.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2022, 08:17:54 PM »
Once you've been on it for 10 mins you'll be flying.

What width are they? THinking of a semi-D with a gate at right angles to the alley between the houses.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B