Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on April 04, 2023, 11:41:35 AM
Time has come to book soon for the brother

Anyone done either of the following? :

We're not doing a home stag in Ireland or UK as most of the lads going requested specifically Europe  :D 😂 although I would consider Edinburgh if it was any good?

Hamburg
Prague
Krakow
Budapest
Marbella (Malaga airport)
Ibiza

Trying to get a flight out of Belfast seems to be the issue for Jan-March 2024, Dublin is a bit of a pain travelling from the north if it's an early flight.

Nonsense. Go to your local the night before, then straight in the bus to Dublin overnight  ;D I once chained together a night out in Belfast and Brussels across 2 nights with zero sleep. 42 hours awake and probably as many pints in that time. Mind you I was early 20s at the time. It was some craic.

maddog

Did a stag there in Ballaghaderreen about a month ago. Was great craic. The local lads had bus laid on for a beer tour which in hindsight was a great idea. Started in Solans, then onto Duffys in Kilmovee. From there to a place called the brusna Inn, then murrays in charlestown and finished off back in creatons in Ballagh. Pints were top class. Learned all about the border disputes in that part of the world.  ;)

imtommygunn

I love hearing the really biased stories of locals for wars / disputes lol.

Edinburgh was great for a stag back when I went. Loads of bars / night clubs. Also that seven sisters is a perfect stag bar and there are ahem other "clubs" that stag dos may like.

Also Ibiza would be ludicrously expensive. Krakow wasn't bad when we were in it. Not a while pile to do bar drink but maybe not an issue. (salt mines and auschwitz which are not really stag material...).

Berlin would be a good spot too.

Frank_The_Tank

We're not doing a home stag in Ireland or UK as most of the lads going requested specifically Europe  :D 😂 although I would consider Edinburgh if it was any good?

Hamburg
Prague
Krakow
Budapest
Ibiza

Trying to get a flight out of Belfast seems to be the issue for Jan-March 2024, Dublin is a bit of a pain travelling from the north if it's an early flight.

went to Riga a few years ago for the brothers - just before Covid kicked in.  Great stag - flight times werent great but once we were over it was cheap and company I had booked everything through were 1st class
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

snoopdog

Hamburg isn't up to much was there last Sept with 15 lads. Prague great spot as is Riga. Well they were 15 years ago.

gawa316

Was in Hamburg during the World Cup in 2006 and thought it was a great spot...maybe it was the World Cup experience.

Went on a stag to Prague maybe mid 2000's...deadly time...go off the beaten track to get cheap prices (beer). We spent 3 nights...the horrors afterwards would truly awful.

Organized one in Edinburgh...wasn't too hard...hostel and the Seven Sisters for the weekend and that was about it! It was 2010...USA playing Eng at the World Cup...did the fancy dress...uncle sam etc. Good craic at the time but wouldn't thank you for an invite to stag now!

Nanderson

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 04, 2023, 12:07:08 PM
I love hearing the really biased stories of locals for wars / disputes lol.

Edinburgh was great for a stag back when I went. Loads of bars / night clubs. Also that seven sisters is a perfect stag bar and there are ahem other "clubs" that stag dos may like.

Also Ibiza would be ludicrously expensive. Krakow wasn't bad when we were in it. Not a while pile to do bar drink but maybe not an issue. (salt mines and auschwitz which are not really stag material...).

Berlin would be a good spot too.
Is this now the 3 sisters?

imtommygunn

It is actually called the three sisters lol. For some reason I thought it was called seven.

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on April 04, 2023, 01:42:40 PM

Hamburg
Prague
Krakow
Budapest
Ibiza

went to Riga a few years ago for the brothers - just before Covid kicked in.  Great stag - flight times werent great but once we were over it was cheap and company I had booked everything through were 1st class

Who were the company you booked it through frank?

gawa316

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 04, 2023, 10:06:22 PM
It is actually called the three sisters lol. For some reason I thought it was called seven.

And ye made me think it was called that as well! ;D

Tony Baloney

Hamburg
Prague
Krakow
Budapest
Ibiza

I'd say you'd have better craic in Marbella than staying in the airport.

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 05, 2023, 07:20:20 AM

Hamburg
Prague       
Krakow
Budapest
Ibiza
Edinburgh

I'd say you'd have better craic in Marbella than staying in the airport.

;D  ::)  :-X

Tony Baloney

Not a stag but annual meeting with fellas I went to uni with. Someone mentioned Mullingar as a good spot but I have never heard anyone mention it as a town for nightlife. Anyone?

Would prefer Athlone but organiser says accommodation options not great on weekend in question. Any other options that suit boys travelling from Dublin Airport, one from Tipp and me coming from the North? Kilkenny was chalked off already.

thewobbler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2023, 04:27:31 PM
Not a stag but annual meeting with fellas I went to uni with. Someone mentioned Mullingar as a good spot but I have never heard anyone mention it as a town for nightlife. Anyone?

Would prefer Athlone but organiser says accommodation options not great on weekend in question. Any other options that suit boys travelling from Dublin Airport, one from Tipp and me coming from the North? Kilkenny was chalked off already.

Haven't been in Mullingar in a decade but it wasn't great. Can't explain why as most ingredients are the same .

Maynooth or Naas would be worth looking at.

bannside

Lawlors of Naas a safe bet. Or try Trim, good provincial town, at least 3 hotels and some class pubs and restaurants. Another great wee place is Skerries, spoiled for choice pubs and good restaurants but places to stay a bit limited.