The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Tbf to Lampard who I have my doubts about at times I think he has done a great job there. Played in the right position now and a bit of man management and he's starting to look worth what was paid. If he could add a few goals now.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 20, 2022, 08:45:56 AM
Tbf to Lampard who I have my doubts about at times I think he has done a great job there. Played in the right position now and a bit of man management and he's starting to look worth what was paid. If he could add a few goals now.

Completely different player. He was always big and strong and had skill but he seemed to be a bit brainless by times. The freedom in a more central role probably has allowed him to flourish and Lampard must be able to get through to him.

In fairness Lampard has steadied the ship but you will still struggle to score goals. Coady and Tarkowski have brought a lot of organisation to the back and that has helped.

imtommygunn

Yeah it's goal scoring which will be the problem. Definitely playing much better than last season at least.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Quote from: laoislad on December 26, 2022, 09:29:31 PM
Going down......

I think it will happen this year. Its not like last year where the teams below them were atrocious (Norwich, Burnley, watford).
Southampton, wolves, West ham etc are better teams than that. Plus they don't have Richarlison to bail them out this time.

From the Bunker

There is a fair bit to go yet! There is usually a mid table club that usually hit a wall mid season, can't buy a result and begin to panic.

Milltown Row2

Great to see the love in theses lads have for the Toffees  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Could happen  :(

I think lampard could be approaching borrowed time her. Dreadful result against wolves.

SHEEDY

Expected a heavy defeat instead they produced a battling spirited performance to get a deserved point. Feisty match which the Everton players did well to get under the skin of City especially Godfrey with Haaland. Need to get a result against Brighton on Tuesday now to back that performance up.
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Frank won't last the post match interview
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Strong chance lampard won't survive this.

rodney trotter