Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Taylor on June 15, 2018, 11:41:27 AM
Thats what I call a proper suspension.

If the GAA are consistent in doing this in all types of brawls irrespective of level it will eradicate them in no time.

Proper order.

Until the appeal comes in.

What are Armagh like at appeals? Have they any Fergal Logan types?

I would be confident we would get at least 6 of those off.......if not them all  ;D ;D

The county board is forensically trawling through the tape in super slow motion as we speak.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

On OTB this morning someone mentioned  Armagh v Sligo and Geezer complaining about a Tyrone ref.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

toby47

Quote from: keeperlit on June 15, 2018, 11:47:22 AM
Quote from: toby47 on June 15, 2018, 11:21:46 AM
Ten Armagh U20s suspended for their Ulster Final meeting with Derry on June 24th
Any word of who?

Haven't seen a list of names but 6 starters from the semi final plus 4 subs.

yellowcard

Quote from: seafoid on June 15, 2018, 12:00:26 PM
On OTB this morning someone mentioned  Armagh v Sligo and Geezer complaining about a Tyrone ref.

I'm not surprised, isn't the Sligo manager a Tyrone native. A very peculiar appointment.

Estimator

Quote from: screenexile on June 15, 2018, 11:50:51 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 15, 2018, 11:45:11 AM
Ten Armagh U20s suspended for their Ulster Final meeting with Derry on June 24th

Free the Armagh 10.

Remember the same thing happening in the MacRory final in 1996 after Maghera started a crazy row against poor St. Mary's who had played all the football on the day . . . I think they had 7 players suspended and it ultimately cost them the Hogan Cup that year.
Your memory is playing tricks on you SE.  Maghera had the game won, and the convent weren't happy with that.  The Convent were the only side to have a man sent off!!
In fairness, the Ulster Council/Colleges had a field day trying to hand out suspensions left, right and centre, to both teams.  From memory they tried to suspend lads from Maghera, that weren't even in the melee, but had been involved in incidents earlier in the game, where lads were booked by the ref.  They also went for the spine of the side. So the only 3 from Maghera that were actually given suspensions, were Niall Farren - Full Back, John Heaney - Centre Half Back and Paul Wilson - Midfield.

It'll be the same in this instance - They've gone for the scattergun approach to the suspensions, but I'd say 3 at most will suspended for the final.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Throw ball

Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 11:51:04 AM
Embarrassing episode for all sides. Armagh's behaviour during the game, and Tyrone's afterwards, has been poor.

I think that should read Armagh and Tyrone's behaviour during the game.

longballin

Big winner here could be Feargal Logan, former Tyrone U21 manager. The irony...

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on June 15, 2018, 12:00:26 PM

And I read on twitter a prominent Sligo coach complaining about a Tyrone ref as if he would be helping his neighbours out lol

screenexile

Quote from: Estimator on June 15, 2018, 12:15:08 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 15, 2018, 11:50:51 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 15, 2018, 11:45:11 AM

Free the Armagh 10.

Remember the same thing happening in the MacRory final in 1996 after Maghera started a crazy row against poor St. Mary's who had played all the football on the day . . . I think they had 7 players suspended and it ultimately cost them the Hogan Cup that year.
Your memory is playing tricks on you SE.  Maghera had the game won, and the convent weren't happy with that.  The Convent were the only side to have a man sent off!!
In fairness, the Ulster Council/Colleges had a field day trying to hand out suspensions left, right and centre, to both teams.  From memory they tried to suspend lads from Maghera, that weren't even in the melee, but had been involved in incidents earlier in the game, where lads were booked by the ref.  They also went for the spine of the side. So the only 3 from Maghera that were actually given suspensions, were Niall Farren - Full Back, John Heaney - Centre Half Back and Paul Wilson - Midfield.

It'll be the same in this instance - They've gone for the scattergun approach to the suspensions, but I'd say 3 at most will suspended for the final.

Fake news!!! Sure how could lads who go to a school called "the convent" ever do anything wrong?!

WT4E

Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 11:51:04 AM
Embarrassing episode for all sides. Armagh's behaviour during the game, and Tyrone's afterwards, has been poor.

Totally agree - best summary to date!

WT4E

Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 11:15:31 AM
Tyrone corner forward must be in big trouble. If you look at the footage after about 10 seconds he comes sprinting in at speed and dives shoulder first into a back of a group of players. You have the question the mentality and mental age of such an individual. On the street that's straight forward assault

Agree Tyrone corner forward was wreckless for doing that only defence i can give for him is that fact that 5/6 Armagh thugs where attacjking a Tyrone man on the ground! But sure hey thats not uncommon in Armagh - just glad they didnt have iron bars!

But he should get a suspension for it.

jmk

what would the tyrone player be suspended from unless he is underage next year.
your willingness to accept that one suspension does you great credit!!

yellowcard

Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 11:15:31 AM
Tyrone corner forward must be in big trouble. If you look at the footage after about 10 seconds he comes sprinting in at speed and dives shoulder first into a back of a group of players. You have the question the mentality and mental age of such an individual. On the street that's straight forward assault

And then ran away after doing it!

Were the names of the players who were suspended released?

rrhf

I'd say The subs are all gone for running in and then a couple of starters. Armagh will have exactly 15
For the Ulster final. They will have to bring in 2nd string lads for subs. With the manager suspended they will have a priest and  a physio on the bench. Armagh men are prepared to do anything to beat Tyrone it has certainly come back to haunt them. I think it's a shame that the Ulster council have basically destroyed them for this game. Derry by 5?

Itchy

Quote from: rrhf on June 15, 2018, 03:23:57 PM
I'd say The subs are all gone for running in and then a couple of starters. Armagh will have exactly 15
For the Ulster final. They will have to bring in 2nd string lads for subs. With the manager suspended they will have a priest and  a physio on the bench. Armagh men are prepared to do anything to beat Tyrone it has certainly come back to haunt them. I think it's a shame that the Ulster council have basically destroyed them for this game. Derry by 5?

In fairness it was the players fighting that destroyed the game. I think the suspensions are warranted. The shitehawking by Tyrone around the referree mistake was a joke and was rightly thrown out.