Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 17, 2021, 09:50:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 09:46:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 07:45:40 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 17, 2021, 06:59:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 17, 2021, 06:04:38 PM
It was the Russian who defeated the Nazis. But of course Western propaganda finds it difficult to accept.

I would say your are right, the Russians were first to Berlin and didn't leave till 89, kept every country happy after that.

Did you think that was ok or just Western propaganda?

The Russians did a great job in WW2 and subsequently.

Subsequently stealing land, toppling governments building walls? Is that what you mean?

The bit in black

The Russians kept peace in Europe.

But you guys keep revising history and pedalling your disgusting anti-Russian racism.

Peace?

Right ok. You are out doing yourself on that one...

What books are you reading from? Can I get some names on the peace keeping duties the Russians did after the war.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on February 17, 2021, 09:39:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 17, 2021, 09:35:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 09:28:23 PM
Angelo are you running away? Just answer. Many thanks

What have I to answer?
You might start by acknowledging some historical facts

Like Russia collaborating with the Nazis

Or the Holomodor

Or the occupation of Eastern Europe for over four decades

It seems you don't acknowledge any of these, and a lot more
I
Trolls don't deal in facts

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 09:54:38 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 17, 2021, 09:50:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 09:46:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 07:45:40 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 17, 2021, 06:59:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 17, 2021, 06:04:38 PM
It was the Russian who defeated the Nazis. But of course Western propaganda finds it difficult to accept.

I would say your are right, the Russians were first to Berlin and didn't leave till 89, kept every country happy after that.

Did you think that was ok or just Western propaganda?

The Russians did a great job in WW2 and subsequently.

Subsequently stealing land, toppling governments building walls? Is that what you mean?

The bit in black

The Russians kept peace in Europe.

But you guys keep revising history and pedalling your disgusting anti-Russian racism.

Peace?

Right ok. You are out doing yourself on that one...

What books are you reading from? Can I get some names on the peace keeping duties the Russians did after the war.

I don't read western fairytales. Do you ever look for other sources or do you just believe all the propaganda you read?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

I'm not asking about western fairytales, I'm very keen on reading the books that you read so I can educate myself on them. Like I've said I think Russia is a great place. So help me out, you've obviously read some great books on how good they were at keeping peace after the war in those countries like Germany
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on February 17, 2021, 10:00:09 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 17, 2021, 09:39:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 17, 2021, 09:35:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 09:28:23 PM
Angelo are you running away? Just answer. Many thanks

What have I to answer?
You might start by acknowledging some historical facts

Like Russia collaborating with the Nazis

Or the Holomodor

Or the occupation of Eastern Europe for over four decades

It seems you don't acknowledge any of these, and a lot more
I
Trolls don't deal in facts
Especially imperialist trolls

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 10:08:07 PM
I'm not asking about western fairytales, I'm very keen on reading the books that you read so I can educate myself on them. Like I've said I think Russia is a great place. So help me out, you've obviously read some great books on how good they were at keeping peace after the war in those countries like Germany

How many European wars have there been since WW2?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 17, 2021, 10:16:24 PM

Is that the name of the book?  I can't find it, link?

Lots, anytime an occupied country gains its freedom there has been usually an internal war. There was one here funny enough, I don't know if you heard about though. You'll find it under Western fairytales.

So I'll ask again can you give me a name of a few of the books you read about how good Russia was at looking after other countries that didn't belong to them.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 10:21:53 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 17, 2021, 10:16:24 PM

Is that the name of the book?  I can't find it, link?

Lots, anytime an occupied country gains its freedom there has been usually an internal war. There was one here funny enough, I don't know if you heard about though. You'll find it under Western fairytales.

So I'll ask again can you give me a name of a few of the books you read about how good Russia was at looking after other countries that didn't belong to them.

No it's a product of the peace and stability Russia has kept in Europe since WW2.

Milltown Row2

So you don't have that book on how well they achieved that? Can you even give me a link to it?

Or is it just your belief?

Im defo not into the West capitalists. So I'm keen to get that other view, if you're not able to link it to me that's fine.

Milltown Row2

The book might be beside "Tyrone club football, best club teams in Ulster"

bennydorano

I have 'The Last Empire' The Final days of the Soviet Union by Serhii Plokhy. I've only really read the foreword and it's just a roll call of nefarious activities Russia have recently been up to in Checnya,  Georgia & Ukraine.

Probably a Lundy tho.

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2021, 10:31:46 PM
The book might be beside "Tyrone club football, best club teams in Ulster"
Probably beside "Mussolini - legend, patriot, hero"

Louther

Maybe the Russians went on holidays from their peacekeeping duties when the Balkans blew up that time.

sid waddell

Quote from: bennydorano on February 17, 2021, 10:35:40 PM
I have 'The Last Empire' The Final days of the Soviet Union by Serhii Plokhy. I've only really ready the foreword and it's just a roll call of nefarious activities Russia have recently been up to in Checnya,  Georgia & Ukraine.

Probably a Lundy tho.
"The Future Is History" by Masha Gessen and "The Road To Unfreedom" by Timothy Snyder are well worth reading, read both in the last 18 months

Peter Pomerantsev's stuff is supposed to be very good as well, I have "Nothing Is True And Everything Is Possible" but haven't got around to reading it yet

There's a fierce air of repressed homosexuality about Putinism and contemporary Russian nationalism

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on February 17, 2021, 10:35:40 PM
I have 'The Last Empire' The Final days of the Soviet Union by Serhii Plokhy. I've only really ready the foreword and it's just a roll call of nefarious activities Russia have recently been up to in Checnya,  Georgia & Ukraine.

Probably a Lundy tho.

Seems a decent read in fairness. I was working night shift during all of that and had the bbc world service on and was very interested during that period.

But this writer would be looked upon as a westerner

Serhii Plokhy is the Mykhailo Hrushevsky Professor of Ukrainian History and Director of the Ukrainian Research Institute at Harvard University, where he was also named Walter Channing Cabot Fellow in 2013. A leading authority on Eastern Europe, he has lived and taught in Ukraine, Canada, and the United States. He has published extensively in English, Ukrainian, and Russian. For three successive years (2002-2005) his books won first prize of the American Association for Ukrainian Studies.