Who is Grey Hoodie?? Name him now!!!

Worse than ISIS imo.

GJL

Quote from: Thastheball on June 13, 2017, 02:26:14 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 13, 2017, 02:12:43 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on June 13, 2017, 01:22:43 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on June 13, 2017, 01:00:46 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on June 13, 2017, 12:55:20 PM
Been reading this with interest, and apart from the obvious comments made about it, one question in my head is why Errigal released an edited version of the incident and did not include the footage of their mentor entering the field to hit an opposition player, which seems to be the reason this erupted. Why do they release it at all. If I was from the Clonoe club I would be extremely pissed of with Errigal, really poor from them

It was very clearly a deliberate ploy by Errigal to take any attention away from the fool that started the whole thing. Smart move by them.

I don't think it was smart at all, it is devious and shows the Errigal club with little integrity. Players will the odd fall out, there will be odd rows between a few players, its been happening for years, and will in future, but for me if it happened to my club, whereby  the opposition club released the edited video clip, it would effect club to club relations significantly.

To say it is 'edited' is a bit misleading.
What happened to spark the incident just wasn't caught on camera.
It pans over and sees the lad then being knocked out.
It does end quite quickly though, I can imagine that was the end of the melee.  :o

Your missing my point, what was Errigal club doing releasing it at all? Edited on not

How do you know Errigal released it?

Hotrocks

Quote from: skeog on June 13, 2017, 12:40:56 PM
Eamon Mc Hugh is a man of integrity who officiates in a fair manner imo and is one of our best officials.Why has Simon Brady quit i wonder,he was a good ref again imo the abuse that referees have to take is so unfair.

Sweet Jaysus! I've seen it all now ;D ;D ;D ;D

GJL

Quote from: Thastheball on June 13, 2017, 10:20:06 PM
Quote from: GJL on June 13, 2017, 09:34:41 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on June 13, 2017, 02:26:14 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 13, 2017, 02:12:43 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on June 13, 2017, 01:22:43 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on June 13, 2017, 01:00:46 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on June 13, 2017, 12:55:20 PM
Been reading this with interest, and apart from the obvious comments made about it, one question in my head is why Errigal released an edited version of the incident and did not include the footage of their mentor entering the field to hit an opposition player, which seems to be the reason this erupted. Why do they release it at all. If I was from the Clonoe club I would be extremely pissed of with Errigal, really poor from them

It was very clearly a deliberate ploy by Errigal to take any attention away from the fool that started the whole thing. Smart move by them.

I don't think it was smart at all, it is devious and shows the Errigal club with little integrity. Players will the odd fall out, there will be odd rows between a few players, its been happening for years, and will in future, but for me if it happened to my club, whereby  the opposition club released the edited video clip, it would effect club to club relations significantly.

To say it is 'edited' is a bit misleading.
What happened to spark the incident just wasn't caught on camera.
It pans over and sees the lad then being knocked out.
It does end quite quickly though, I can imagine that was the end of the melee.  :o

Your missing my point, what was Errigal club doing releasing it at all? Edited on not

How do you know Errigal released it?

Reading over these pages it seems certain that Errigal videoed the game, therefore they had the only video.

The clip may or may not have come from the recording that errigal had made of the game but if it did I very much doubt that they decided as a club to 'release' it. I also doubt they had exclusivity to the video as they probably employed a video company to record it. As someone else said in this modern world of social media it is impossible to control these things.

Christmas Lights

Would love to see both clubs deducted 20 points, I think that would be fair punishment, be nice then to see one or both relegated over the head of it.

It would really stamp out this sort of thing, it needs nipped in the bud before someone is seriously hurt. Won't someone think of the children?

Taylor

All the apologists are out in full force I see.

The book needs thrown at both clubs for this.

tothetop03

Quote from: Taylor on June 14, 2017, 02:18:29 PM

What would you suggest within the rule book of the Gaa should happen??

blackball

The total incident lasted less than a minute, Daisey threw two punches at the clonoe player, he then got knocked down with a shoulder and hit one punch on the ground. There was no other fighting after everyone saw that he was knocked out. All the players shook hands and walked off. There was no reason to abandon the game never mind throw the book at both teams.

Under Lights

Quote from: blackball on June 14, 2017, 03:28:20 PM

The total incident lasted less than a minute, Daisey threw two punches at the clonoe player, he then got knocked down with a shoulder and hit one punch on the ground. There was no other fighting after everyone saw that he was knocked out. All the players shook hands and walked off. There was no reason to abandon the game never mind throw the book at both teams.

'Supporters'/Non Togged out players enter the field of play and cause a melee.
I'm not over reacting here when I say someone might have been killed in that incident.
This needs a stern hand from the CCCCCCCCCC. Anything else will be injustice to Drumquin.

tothetop03

Quote from: Under Lights on June 14, 2017, 03:32:31 PM

I'm not over reacting here when I say someone might have been killed in that incident.
This needs a stern hand from the CCCCCCCCCC. Anything else will be injustice to Drumquin.

What happened Drumquin

Under Lights

Quote from: tothetop03 on June 14, 2017, 03:37:38 PM

What happened Drumquin

They're just dung, be nice for them to get some reprieve and have people thinking about other things than that.

tothetop03

Quote from: Under Lights on June 14, 2017, 03:41:35 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on June 14, 2017, 03:37:38 PM

All our Clubs go through Dung times all the same

What happened Drumquin

They're just dung, be nice for them to get some reprieve and have people thinking about other things than that.

blackball

Someone could have got killed alright but it wasnt very likely. Few punches threw and players sorted it out and got it calmed down themselves because the man that was supposed to be sorting it out ran into the changing room.

Under Lights

Quote from: blackball on June 14, 2017, 04:49:30 PM

Someone could have got killed alright but it wasnt very likely. Few punches threw and players sorted it out and got it calmed down themselves because the man that was supposed to be sorting it out ran into the changing room.
I don't think a referee can be responsible for the actions of non players entering the field of play. A lot of people wearing jeans and hoddies running on. Did they jump the wire? Hopefully there is at least a field closure off the back of this- can't warrant crowds not being marshaled. Poor showing from both clubs.