The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: EC Unique on July 21, 2014, 03:38:42 PM
Quote from: supersub on July 21, 2014, 03:05:46 PM
Gerrard retired from International football!

Hardly suprising. He was brutal in the WC.

Little to nothing to do with it.

Bensars

Quote from: supersub on July 22, 2014, 09:27:04 AM

If he and England had a good World Cup, make no mistake he wouldnt be retiring from international football. 11 caps behind Shilton and 1 behind Beckham  he would have been going onto the Euro championships.

Liverpool champions league participatiion is a good reason to exit the international level, before becoming a bit part player

deiseach

Who's that grey-haired chap standing beside Joe Cole? George Sephton, perhaps?

supersub

Quote from: Bensars on July 22, 2014, 09:57:31 AM
Quote from: supersub on July 22, 2014, 09:27:04 AM

If he and England had a good World Cup, make no mistake he wouldnt be retiring from international football. 11 caps behind Shilton and 1 behind Beckham  he would have been going onto the Euro championships.

Liverpool champions league participatiion is a good reason to exit the international level, before becoming a bit part player

Highly doubt it, if they had a good World Cup he would have used the 'going out on a high' card. As I said, World Cup has little to nothing to do with it, it's all about himself at this stage as it should be, and he knows he can't go on playing every game for Liverpool and England anymore especially with the fixture list Liverpool will have this season.

God14

Javier Manquillo looks to be the next man in the door.
20 year old Spaniard, 6 career appearances for Atletico Madrid
2 year loan deal, with option to buy for €6M

Strange move that. I was hoping Flanagan would nail that right back spot ahead of Johnson this year.

gawa316

Quote from: God14 on July 22, 2014, 02:22:21 PM
Javier Manquillo looks to be the next man in the door.
20 year old Spaniard, 6 career appearances for Atletico Madrid
2 year loan deal, with option to buy for €6M

Strange move that. I was hoping Flanagan would nail that right back spot ahead of Johnson this year.

Strange indeed. I also hope Flanno will nail that spot down plus then we have Johnson, Kelly and McLaughlin who I would really like to see stake a claim. Maybe he would benefit for a year long lian akin to Wisdom's at WBA (which is a great move for all parties).

TabClear

Bojan to stoke from Barca in 4 year deal! what happened him in last few years? when he was a teenager he was unreal.

Gabriel_Hurl

you have mistaken this thread for the Stoke thread

trileacman

and Bojan for an unreal player.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Shrewdness

That's Gabriel's second pedantic post today!!

TabClear

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 22, 2014, 07:56:59 PM
you have mistaken this thread for the Stoke thread

I wanted EC Unique's thoughts on this so thought this was the best place to find him  ;)

Posted it it here because Liverpool were pretty heavily linked with him a few years ago, before he went to ItalyI think. And more recently earlier this year http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-bojan-krkic-shock-3186100

You did not get into the Barca team of 07/08/09 as a teenager without having something about you. He scored  goals and was pretty highly thought of by Rijkaard, Guardiola... Obviously went downhill since but I thinbk he will be a good buy.

deiseach

Clearly a man for a wet Wednesday night.

God14

Assuming Remy signs & joins Can, Lambert, Lallana & Markovic - what 11 would you like to see start Vs Southampton on the opening day of the season?

Id go for (4-2-3-1)

Mignolet
Flanagan / Sakho / Skrtel / Enrique
           Gerrard  /  Henderson
       Sterling / Lallana / Remy
                    Sturridge

Mayo4Sam

Any word on Bony?

I thought he would be a great buy
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 23, 2014, 09:45:33 AM
Any word on Bony?

I thought he would be a great buy

With Remy looking almost certain to be completed today i cants ee Bony being signed.
I think Remy at 8m is a much better signing than Bony at 20m anyway.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either