Sigerson 2019

Started by ck, November 28, 2018, 01:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

spuds

When you see some of the dross shown as live sport on TV look at link below and the stars of present and future on show tonight in Belfield.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/gaa/electric-ireland-dcu-ucd-192666

Sigerson can get a hard rap from those who don't go to the matches and see everything through county team tinted glasses but it consistently produced high standard attacking football.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

magpie seanie

Quote from: spuds on February 06, 2019, 11:25:14 AM
When you see some of the dross shown as live sport on TV look at link below and the stars of present and future on show tonight in Belfield.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/gaa/electric-ireland-dcu-ucd-192666

Sigerson can get a hard rap from those who don't go to the matches and see everything through county team tinted glasses but it consistently produced high standard attacking football.

Do you ever wonder why people might care more about their county than a 3rd level institution they've never set foot in?  ::)

oakleaflad

Result
St.Mary's 0-15
Maynooth 0-13

ck

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2019, 11:43:05 AM

Do you ever wonder why people might care more about their county than a 3rd level institution they've never set foot in?  ::)

You clearly don't get it. No-one ever said that people care about the college or the University, but the average club or county supporter cares about his/her player and how they are getting on at that high level of the game. If a player gets on a Sigerson team then they are not a kick in the arse away from county football. In addition you have a very good standard of football played in a competition that gets very little profile, the players tend to play for each other rather than the college. That's what makes it special.

spuds

My point is the high standard of football consistently produced in Sigerson that could be broadcast live on TV like the under 21 hurling on TG4 the last few years.
John Hubbard

magpie seanie

Quote from: spuds on February 06, 2019, 04:37:41 PM

My point is the high standard of football consistently produced in Sigerson that could be broadcast live on TV like the under 21 hurling on TG4 the last few years.

Is it not broadcast on TG4? It certainly was at one point.

As for the hard rap - I've never seen anyone criticise the standard. Not sure where you're going with that.

magpie seanie

Quote from: ck on February 06, 2019, 04:09:01 PM

You clearly don't get it. No-one ever said that people care about the college or the University, but the average club or county supporter cares about his/her player and how they are getting on at that high level of the game. If a player gets on a Sigerson team then they are not a kick in the arse away from county football. In addition you have a very good standard of football played in a competition that gets very little profile, the players tend to play for each other rather than the college. That's what makes it special.

Wow. Who knew.  ;D

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

UCD 1-2 DCU 0-0 after five mins. goal a penalty.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

David Garland goal! UCD 1-4 DCU 1-3 20 mins played

GalwayBayBoy

spuds

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 06, 2019, 05:07:01 PM
Quote from: spuds on February 06, 2019, 04:37:41 PM

Is it not broadcast on TG4? It certainly was at one point.

As for the hard rap - I've never seen anyone criticise the standard. Not sure where you're going with that.
I said it gets a bad rap from those who just see things through county colours and tut tut all else. Tonight's game being streamed live, think semi and/or final showed on TG4.
John Hubbard