NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on February 02, 2024, 02:45:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2024, 02:32:24 PMIn real time it looks like a red, in slow mo it looks like a harsh red or a lucky yellow. The reality is he shouldn't have given the referee a decision to make, completely reckless with absolutely no intention to play the ball, high tackle also. And in their defence, not when they were making a break or counter...

Should be a red just for being stupid

Well if you say so. Lets just see how many reds are handed out over the weekend for similar tackle.

As for your line about giving the ref a decision to make... that is literally the f**king job of the referee. In your world nobody on the field should ever make a challenge or have a shot on goal. f**k sake. 

I'll talk you through it slowly

You can only tackle the ball
shoulder on shoulder is the only physical challenge in the games (via rule book)
High dangerous tackles (like this one) based on the ref's view of it can be a red card, he consulted his linesman who possibly agreed with him.

To turn it around, its the job of a player to tackle properly not like some goat on the loose from his pen

The ref did his job and his decision was to send him off for a daft reckless challenge

Another ref might have deemed it so, but even after the appeal it was deemed a red.

Move on..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2024, 02:54:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2024, 02:32:24 PMIn real time it looks like a red, in slow mo it looks like a harsh red or a lucky yellow. The reality is he shouldn't have given the referee a decision to make, completely reckless with absolutely no intention to play the ball, high tackle also. And in their defence, not when they were making a break or counter...

Well if you say so. Lets just see how many reds are handed out over the weekend for similar tackle.

As for your line about giving the ref a decision to make... that is literally the f**king job of the referee. In your world nobody on the field should ever make a challenge or have a shot on goal. f**k sake. 

shoulder on shoulder is the only physical challenge in the games (via rule book)
High dangerous tackles (like this one) based on the ref's view of it can be a red card, he consulted his linesman who possibly agreed with him.

To turn it around, its the job of a player to tackle properly not like some goat on the loose from his pen

The ref did his job and his decision was to send him off for a daft reckless challenge

Another ref might have deemed it so, but even after the appeal it was deemed a red.

Move on..

Ok lets see how it goes this weekend.
Also I won't "move on"

tbrick18

;D
That should definately be added to the rule book.
If you do something stupid, straight red. Brillaint!

JoG2

Move on..

This, unless 3 or 4 men are slapping the fcuk out of the man in possession at the same time, then, it's a free for over carrying. It's in the rule book (I'm assuming)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on February 02, 2024, 05:45:44 PM

Move on..

This, unless 3 or 4 men are slapping the fcuk out of the man in possession at the same time, then, it's a free for over carrying. It's in the rule book (I'm assuming)

If they are attempting to slap the ball out of the hand that's ok, if they are slapping the player or dragging his arm, it's a foul.

Look, and it's very simple. If referees blew for every 'foul' people would stop playing and watching.

My perception, your perception as a fan/supporter will always be different. There's only one person though with the whistle, whether he's correct or not doesn't matter at the time, it's called and dealt with, so while trailer doesn't want to move on, there really is no other option.

I've watched this incident a few times and the ref didn't do much wrong. One attempt to see it, made a judgement and sent him off. Don't watch these things in slow mo, watch it at the same speed and make a call, 9 times outta ten there might be a different call.

The ref from the hurling club final is still getting online abuse, he didn't have his best game I'll admit that but the players made the game tetchy which doesn't help
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Mayo team to play Dublin tomorrow

Colm Reape
Jack Coyne
Rory Brickenden
Sam Callinan
Paddy Durcan
David McBrien
Eoghan McLaughlin
Jordan Flynn
Jack Carney
Conor Reid
Fergal Boland
Bob Tuohy
Aidan O'Shea
Paul Towey
Ryan O'Donoghue
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Injury bug continues to spread. No Comer again and no Shane Walsh.

Schkite

Jack O'Connor bringing back the Cliffords earlier than planned, feck sake

ONeill

If Mickey wants to give Tyrone a trimming, he will.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rawhide

Quote from: ONeill on February 02, 2024, 10:55:41 PMIf Mickey wants to give Tyrone a trimming, he will.

Won't be Mickey giving Tyrone a trimming, it will be Derry, same team who gave them a trimming the last few years.
cccc is a true supporter lol

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Rawhide on February 02, 2024, 11:36:53 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 02, 2024, 10:55:41 PMIf Mickey wants to give Tyrone a trimming, he will.

Won't be Mickey giving Tyrone a trimming, it will be Derry, same team who gave them a trimming the last few years.

Championship two years ago.. McKenna Cup final only other meeting.. other McKenna Cup game was a draw

Blowitupref

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 02, 2024, 10:48:15 PMInjury bug continues to spread. No Comer again and no Shane Walsh.

A Galway team selected not to concede a big score with naming 8 defenders and three midfielders. Roscommon have only made one change to the team that lost Tyrone. Enda Smith back from suspension and they have a lot of first choice players missing.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ONeill

What is it about Derry needing Tyrone-related men to win things?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

quit yo jibbajabba

Lads. Don't bite. Lads. LADS. come on. Let's go. We see him again. LADS. I SAID LETS GO

"ya cross eyed basturts"

trueblue1234

The reality is that if you win something this year, t'was a Tyrone man  that won it for ya. And if you win nothin, even Mickey couldn't sort you's out. It's win win for Tyronies!!

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit