The vaccine rollout

Started by Smurfy123, December 30, 2020, 09:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: sid waddell on January 01, 2021, 10:52:04 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 01, 2021, 10:28:22 PM
Israel moving well. They will be out of danger totally in 4 weeks
Can't get my head around the people who continue to say sure we don't know if it's stops transmission onto others. It really doesn't matter if it does or not. If you vaccinate all over 60s and the most vulnerable let it spread away. A small amount below 60 need hospital admission
It does matter because if it doesn't stop transmission then the virus will never go away and you'd probably end up having to continually re-vaccinate the population as immunity progressively wears off - it's going to be difficult enough to vaccinate 80% or more of the population once

The soundings are good re the vaccine significantly inhibiting transmission so hopefully this situation can be avoided

Also I don't think we want the virus running rampant even among under 70s, that could also put enough people in hospital to overwhelm the health system, it's not a cold and it's not a flu, it's a serious virus
I'd be pretty sure Niall Murphy wouldn't have ended up in an induced coma if he got the flu. Yes it is less serious for under 60s but it has the potential to be an unnecessary burden on the NHS if people refuse the vaccine and turn up to hospital with symptoms requiring treatment and putting workers at risk.

Norf Tyrone

Can't get my head around the people who continue to say sure we don't know if it's stops transmission onto others. It really doesn't matter if it does or not. If you vaccinate all over 60s and the most vulnerable let it spread away. A small amount below 60 need hospital admission

It's a pity (For a change) we can't see NI on that link. I am sure it's somewhere accessible.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 01, 2021, 11:58:22 PM

It's a pity (For a change) we can't see NI on that link. I am sure it's somewhere accessible.
You can select NI

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-vaccination-doses-per-capita?tab=chart&stackMode=absolute&time=2020-12-16..latest&country=RUS~GBR~OWID_WRL~USA~ISR~CAN~CHN~BHR~CHL~MEX~DEU~DNK~PRT~POL~OMN~ITA~KWT~AUT~HRV~GRC~ARG~FRA~FIN~Northern Ireland&region=World

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 01, 2021, 11:31:47 PM
It does matter because if it doesn't stop transmission then the virus will never go away and you'd probably end up having to continually re-vaccinate the population as immunity progressively wears off - it's going to be difficult enough to vaccinate 80% or more of the population once

The soundings are good re the vaccine significantly inhibiting transmission so hopefully this situation can be avoided

Also I don't think we want the virus running rampant even among under 70s, that could also put enough people in hospital to overwhelm the health system, it's not a cold and it's not a flu, it's a serious virus
I'd be pretty sure Niall Murphy wouldn't have ended up in an induced coma if he got the flu. Yes it is less serious for under 60s but it has the potential to be an unnecessary burden on the NHS if people refuse the vaccine and turn up to hospital with symptoms requiring treatment and putting workers at risk.

niall murphy is in terrible physical shape for a man of his age so this is where personal responsibility comes in, if we were healthier and exercised more there would be less chance of hospitalization. 60% of adults here are overweight with 20% obese, it plays a massive factor in this disease specifically as it targets the lungs.

BennyCake

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on January 02, 2021, 12:16:35 AM

niall murphy is in terrible physical shape for a man of his age so this is where personal responsibility comes in, if we were healthier and exercised more there would be less chance of hospitalization. 60% of adults here are overweight with 20% obese, it plays a massive factor in this disease specifically as it targets the lungs.

This lad is 17, and wasn't overweight

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_KAVV4p2bF8

Milltown Row2

Nice bitta fat shaming on public internet!

Some lovely people
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Calling out someone in the public eye whilst hiding behind a pseudonym is poor form.

See rule 2.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 02, 2021, 12:08:59 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 01, 2021, 11:58:22 PM

You can select NI

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-vaccination-doses-per-capita?tab=chart&stackMode=absolute&time=2020-12-16..latest&country=RUS~GBR~OWID_WRL~USA~ISR~CAN~CHN~BHR~CHL~MEX~DEU~DNK~PRT~POL~OMN~ITA~KWT~AUT~HRV~GRC~ARG~FRA~FIN~Northern Ireland&region=World

Brilliant. Thanks.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Smurfy123

Lads let's keep the personal stuff off the thread
I don't think it was meant
So Monday is the day it all ramps up
I expect the UK know they will be world beaters at this
Seriously if they mess this one up they all need to go
Both Vaccine company's have come out and said there is no issue with supply's
Over to you Boris and co
Robbie Swann let's see what you are made off

BennyCake

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 02, 2021, 10:02:01 AM
Lads let's keep the personal stuff off the thread
I don't think it was meant
So Monday is the day it all ramps up
I expect the UK know they will be world beaters at this
Seriously if they mess this one up they all need to go
Over to you Boris and co

I think the whole agenda here is to delay as long as possible to get rid of as many vulnerable people as possible and to f**k up the NHS as much as they can.

armaghniac

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 02, 2021, 10:02:01 AM
Over to you Boris and co

There is a limited supply of vaccines, even if the authorities are exemplary about delivering them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

Yes but both suppliers have come out and said they have no issues
So say Oxford can supply 2 million a week and Pfizer can supply 200000 let's get them out and less of the bullshite excuses.
So if that's what the uk is doing a week the north should be hitting 68000 per week
Some hope of that

armaghniac

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 02, 2021, 02:35:22 PM
Yes but both suppliers have come out and said they have no issues
So say Oxford can supply 2 million a week and Pfizer can supply 200000 let's get them out and less of the bullshite excuses.
So if that's what the uk is doing a week the north should be hitting 68000 per week
Some hope of that

I think you are a bit hasty in your pessimism.
This year and every year a quarter of a million flu jabs are delivered over a couple of months or so each year The Pfizer vaccine is hard to handle, but the Oxford one is more usual and can be distributed out through GPs, district nurses, pharmacists, care home nurses and so forth that would do the flu jab. When the holiday season is over and they get going they might do rightly.
If they are not up to speed in a fortnight then by all means criticise them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Seamus

Quote from: BennyCake on January 02, 2021, 12:22:23 AM

This lad is 17, and wasn't overweight

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_KAVV4p2bF8

The poor kid will probably have permanent nerve damage

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/09/200911141648.htm
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2021, 12:30:53 AM
Nice bitta fat shaming on public internet!

Some lovely people

To be honest, if people have constantly ignored the public health warnings regarding their health and weight (very much including smoking). The chickens were always going to come home to roost.

Covid is ruthlessly exposing weakness in the body. It's not about fat shaming, it's about taking your personal health seriously after this. Still to my mind Covid is destroying the elderly population that were mass smokers.