Darragh O Se to retire

Started by magickingdom, February 17, 2010, 10:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maiden1

O' Se, Walsh and Kinnelly all leaving the Kerry panel in one go, surely that must set them back a bit for a year or 2.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

ballinaman

Quote from: Zapatista on February 17, 2010, 01:26:41 PM
Quote from: mannix on February 17, 2010, 01:22:47 PM
well thats a big hole for kerry to fill, he saved them several times from losing big games.good luck to him and this makes the chance of a new champion more realistic, cork and dublin will be taking note.

Without sounding like I don't appreciate O'Sé's importance I think this is a little OTT. Kerry will fill the hole.

Dónal Óg switching codes and counties?

heffo

Well done Dara on a great career - always a player for the big day.

One of the greats, he'll be missed.

Zapatista

Quote from: Maiden1 on February 17, 2010, 01:29:21 PM
O' Se, Walsh and Kinnelly all leaving the Kerry panel in one go, surely that must set them back a bit for a year or 2.

Just don't let your guard down. Cute hoors.

thejuice

What can be said about Darragh that hasn't been already. Truely great player. I don't think you can replace a Darragh O'Sé much like we found we couldn't replace John McDermott (not comparing the two before anyone starts), but Kerry are a team that can cope better than most. He was from the same mould of the older Kerry greats and the 10+ years are littered with images of him plucking the O'Neills from the clouds.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Declan

Good luck to him. A great player

IolarCoisCuain

One of the all-time greats, no question about that. An fair play to him for announcing his retirement on An Saol ó Dheas. Dílis go deo lena mhuintir agus a áit dúchais.

I know that Kerry have richer player pickings than most counties but a man like that doesn't come along every day. Good luck to him in his retirement, we'll all miss watching him play.

BennyHarp

Great player indeed! A massive loss to Kerry and a genuine legend of the modern game!
That was never a square ball!!

A Quinn Martin Production

Wish him well in his retirement.  Fifteen years at inter county level (and at the "business end" of inter county football) is some feat in the modern era.  Fantastic player but if one county can replace him it's those hoors in Kerry ;)

I wouldn't be surprised this summer if Kerry are under pressure in a qualifier against Louth to see him appear on the sideline wearing no 31!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

5 Sams

Legend....I remember reading somewhere that he has had about 13 different midfield partners during his career....he was the best of the lot!!
The Aristocrat Years

blanketattack

6 Senior All-Ireland medals, 4 League medals, 9 Munster C'ship medals.
Played in 15 All-Ireland semi-finals.
That's some going.
Best of luck in retirement. I've spent hundreds of hours watching him in the green and gold. The privilege was all mine.

Mid Down Gael

Sad to see the legendary Darragh hang them up. what a player and was a joy to watch. A truely great player and the greatest midfielder ive ever witnessed.

Puckoon

A great player, great athlete and will be sorely missed in the green and gold,  but a poor mans Anthony Tohill never the less.

Onion Bag

Quote from: blanketattack on February 17, 2010, 04:42:50 PM
6 Senior All-Ireland medals, 4 League medals, 9 Munster C'ship medals.
Played in 15 All-Ireland semi-finals.
That's some going.
Best of luck in retirement. I've spent hundreds of hours watching him in the green and gold. The privilege was all mine.

he must have won 3 or 4 Allstars in his career as well, great player, Kerry will have other filling his boots
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Puckoon on February 17, 2010, 07:30:46 PM
A great player, great athlete and will be sorely missed in the green and gold,  but a poor mans Anthony Tohill never the less.

;D ;D oh jaysus here we go!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010