Tyrone v Monaghan - Inniskeen - Sun 7th March

Started by tyroneman, February 15, 2010, 11:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Division 1 has never been as competive. U can do down with 5 points. Only Mickey Harte can save Tyrone now.

up tyrone

Quote from: tyroneman on February 15, 2010, 11:28:46 AM
Just like the past few seasons we have reached a must win game for Tyrone and the league note en half over. Possibly have Dooher back and will def have Mugsy, Mulgrew and the suspended lads available.

Any word on Sean, Ryan and Philly??

Would appreciate some directions from Lurgan to Inniskeen from the Monaghan lads if possible
They will be making their comebacks for moy in this weekends game in the ulster league.

Schkite

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 15, 2010, 09:48:09 PM
Quote from: cusack og on February 15, 2010, 08:54:36 PM
Are Monaghan using Clones for any of their league games this year or is out of action at the minute?
Out of action for the league - there's a new pitch going in.

Must-win game for Monaghan here and I can't remember the last time we beat Tyrone. We really should have been picking up a point or two against Galway and we're clear favourites for the drop. We only have Tyrone and Derry at home and need to be trying to get something from both games.

The thing is that Monaghan are probably a good bit better than last year - we have a bit more depth on the bench and we've sorted the old over reliance on Freeman up front, but there really is a massive step up from Division 2 to Division 1.

Agreed, to be honest to look at things right now McManus has taken over the mantle of the county's top forward from Tommy, though I would expect Tommy to be a good bit better towards the end of the league and the start of the championship. It's not because of a decline of Tommy so much as the rise of McManus. If they are both flying then, along with Finlay and a fully fit Woods, we have an alright forward line.

Of the  (young)newcomers I think Malone and Greenan particularly have impressed. I've seen Greenan all through the grades and always knew he would make a county senior, and his showings so far have been satisfactory of a 20 year old newcomer. And Malone has been very impressive also, works hard and adds alot to the forward line.

Tyrone will be very tough. To be honest, to stay up I think we'd have had to pick up a few points by now, so it's a very tough job now.

stew

Tyrone, like kerry dont give two shites about the league, that said they will not want to be relegated and will finally show up against Monaghan and this will be a spirited encounter with both teams really needing the points. Monaghan have been somewhat unlucky thus far and Grimley will have the players jacked up for this game.

Prediction. Score draw.  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tyrone Dreamer

It's a few weeks away but looking forward to this much more than our first 2 leagues games. Its a must win game in terms of the league for both teams and should be played in front of a packed ground. Tyrone should also have quite a few players back for this one and with a few more weeks training done would expect a much improved performance. Would like to see the team shaken up a bit for this and depending on availabiliy something like this would be good:
McConnell
McCarron (is he injured at minute)
Joe McMahon
Carlin
O'Neill
Gormley
Ricey
Justy McMahon
C Cavanagh
S Cavanagh (if available)
Mulgrew
Penrose
McCusker
Cassidy
Mulligan

Anyone know what the story is with Gourley, PJ or Cathal McCarron? I'm guessing they're all injured.

orangeman

Tyrone Dreamer

I'm guessing he will, might not do him any good though.

tyroneman

AFS

Quote from: tyroneman on February 17, 2010, 06:44:04 AM
Quickest way from Lurgan to Inniskeen?

Newry - Forkhill - Hackballscross - Inniskeen. Less likely to get lost going A1/ M1 to Dundalk - turn off for Crossmaglen/ Castleblayney - Hackballscross - Inniskeen.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 16, 2010, 10:13:29 PM
I'm guessing he will, might not do him any good though.

As far as I know Tyrone aren't appealing for any of the 3 red cards. There was a hearing but don't think any appeal has been made. Little point given the upcoming break.
Harte and CB are sitting waiting to see how the TV coverage and suspensions pan out for the rest of the league as a whole. Yesterdays media coverage stepped things up a notch.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 16, 2010, 07:13:01 PM
It's a few weeks away but looking forward to this much more than our first 2 leagues games. Its a must win game in terms of the league for both teams and should be played in front of a packed ground. Tyrone should also have quite a few players back for this one and with a few more weeks training done would expect a much improved performance. Would like to see the team shaken up a bit for this and depending on availabiliy something like this would be good:
McConnell
McCarron (is he injured at minute)
Joe McMahon
Carlin
O'Neill
Gormley
Ricey
Justy McMahon
C Cavanagh
S Cavanagh (if available)
Mulgrew
Penrose
McCusker
Cassidy
Mulligan

Anyone know what the story is with Gourley, PJ or Cathal McCarron? I'm guessing they're all injured.

not sure about gourley, quinn is injured & mccarron is 'unavailable'
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Dreamer

Was hoping Cathal McCarron would get a go in the back line during the league. Good club and underage county player. Hasn't really had an opportunity yet. Is he due back soon?

lawnseed

inniskeen near everywhere but hard to find. from lurgan head for blaney get on n2 as far as carrickmacross and take the dundalk road off the bypass you'll come to a skew bridge and a pub literally in the middle of the rd 'kellys of essexford' inniskeen is signposted about 3km from there the field is on that road you wont miss it. best club ground in ireland bar none
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

DCR

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 17, 2010, 09:29:35 PM
Was hoping Cathal McCarron would get a go in the back line during the league. Good club and underage county player. Hasn't really had an opportunity yet. Is he due back soon?

Don't think that we'll be seeing Cathal in a Tyrone jersey anytime soon unfortunately.

Monaghan_Ultra