Football Management in the modern game.

Started by stew, February 23, 2017, 08:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Claudio Ranieri have been sacked as Manager of Leicester City.

Absolutely not, the man was manager of the year last year!
38 (74.5%)
Maybe, I mean he is sitting in the relegation zone
3 (5.9%)
Yes, as good as he was last season, this season he is ket.
10 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: March 02, 2017, 08:58:43 PM

stew

Quote from: under the bar on February 23, 2017, 09:19:34 PM
Soccer is so unlike the GAA and its manager loyalty.  Take Armagh for instance.  They are a comedy show for years under McGeeny and Armagh fans are happy to be the laughing stock of the country and stick with their man as he guides them to Div 4!

You are going to have to do better than that utb, that was weak. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 23, 2017, 10:04:10 PM
Craig Shakespeare is the caretaker boss for Liverpool match.
It's certainly a comedy of errors at Leicester, as they like it.

Not bad
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Taylor

Shocking decision.
Hope LCFC go down after this.
The biggest Cinderella story of all time and 9 weeks later he is gone.
Despicable

Taylor

Quote from: AQMP on February 24, 2017, 11:41:35 AM
Quote from: Taylor on February 24, 2017, 11:35:01 AM
Shocking decision.
Hope LCFC go down after this.
The biggest Cinderella story of all time and 9 weeks later he is gone.
Despicable

Was he in a Christmas Panto??

Good one. Funny.  :-\

9 months rather

ashman

The bottom line here is that the players always win a power struggle .

AZOffaly

Fuzzman

How much will he get paid off for I wonder?
Martinez pocketed £10M when Everton sacked him and within months he had a new job as manager of Belgium.

seafoid

Coffee House
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/yesterday-dream-died-full-text-claudio-ranieri-statement/
"Yesterday, my dream died" – full text of Claudio Ranieri statement
Claudio Ranieri

Yesterday, my dream died. After the euphoria of last season and being crowned Premier League Champions all I dreamt of was staying with Leicester City, the club I love, for always. Sadly this was not to be.

I wish to thank my wife Rosanna and all my family for their never ending support during my time at Leicester. My thanks go to Paolo and Andrea who accompanied me on this wonderful journey. To Steve Kutner and Franco Granello for bringing me the opportunity to become a champion.
Mostly I have to thank Leicester City football club. The adventure was amazing and will live with me forever. Thank you to all the journalists and the media who came with us and enjoyed reporting on the greatest story in football. My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the club, all the players, the staff, everybody who was there and was part of what we achieved.
But mostly to the supporters. You took me into your hearts from day one and loved me. I love you too. No one can ever take away what we together have achieved, and I hope you think about it and smile every day the way I always will. It was a time of wonderfulness and happiness that I will never forget. It's been a pleasure and an honour to be a champion with all of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk48xRzuNvA
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BarryBreensBandage

I think the club has saved Ranieri's legacy, whether they meant to or not is another thing. In time he will be remembered for winning the PL solely, not relegation if it happens or CL failure if it happens. If they survive or do well in the CL, he will be seen as being hard done by and his legacy will be untarnished.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

seafoid

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on February 25, 2017, 12:50:26 PM
I think the club has saved Ranieri's legacy, whether they meant to or not is another thing. In time he will be remembered for winning the PL solely, not relegation if it happens or CL failure if it happens. If they survive or do well in the CL, he will be seen as being hard done by and his legacy will be untarnished.

He'll be remembered at Leicester like Clough is at Forest and Derby . This season doesn't matter.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2016/apr/28/claudio-ranieri-emotional-as-he-watches-tribute-from-leicester-fans-video

Windmill abu

As long as the fans keep buying the tickets & merchandise. As long as the fans keep supporting the club sponsors and as long as the fans keep paying for Sky Sports. Then the clubs will treat managers as a business risk. No manager is safe on the money spinning gravy train that is the Premier League even if they did win it last season.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Fuzzman

Surprised there's nobody on this thread today after the Leicester win last night.
It certainly look the change of manager got a huge reaction of from the players as they worked their socks off last night and played like they did last year.

Player power is alive and well and when the players don't stand behind their boss then he's usually the fall guy.
The way the mangers move about now from one club to the next, it's almost worth their while getting the sack for a huge pay out and then start over again.

On Off the ball on Sunday Brian Kerr was saying they should have been willing to get relegated if necessary and to stay loyal to Rainieri but if they stay up now then the owners will feel justified.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 28, 2017, 03:41:52 PM
Surprised there's nobody on this thread today after the Leicester win last night.
It certainly look the change of manager got a huge reaction of from the players as they worked their socks off last night and played like they did last year.

Player power is alive and well and when the players don't stand behind their boss then he's usually the fall guy.
The way the mangers move about now from one club to the next, it's almost worth their while getting the sack for a huge pay out and then start over again.

On Off the ball on Sunday Brian Kerr was saying they should have been willing to get relegated if necessary and to stay loyal to Rainieri but if they stay up now then the owners will feel justified.

I don't think the change of manager got the reaction, I think the fact that they were getting stick for getting the manager fired got the reaction. They were like the Galway hurlers, except they won last night. Then again Galway weren't playing Liverpool.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 28, 2017, 03:50:15 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on February 28, 2017, 03:41:52 PM

I don't think the change of manager got the reaction, I think the fact that they were getting stick for getting the manager fired got the reaction. They were like the Galway hurlers, except they won last night. Then again Galway weren't playing Liverpool.
I thought Liverpool were the Galway hurlers