5-10 pts
38 (33.9%)
10+ pts
36 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: December 19, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

reillycavan

Quote from: seafoid on December 18, 2020, 07:43:58 PM
Joanne Hayes has just been offered an apology and compensation for events that happened 35 years ago which were wrong.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/kerry-babies-suffering-and-stress-of-ordeal-finally-behind-us-joanne-hayes-1.4440521

Mayo will probably be granted at least 1 Sam and an apology by a future Taoiseach for events happening now which are nonsense

You are an a disgusting individual. 

Lar Naparka

Quote from: reillycavan on December 18, 2020, 09:12:48 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 18, 2020, 07:43:58 PM
Joanne Hayes has just been offered an apology and compensation for events that happened 35 years ago which were wrong.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/kerry-babies-suffering-and-stress-of-ordeal-finally-behind-us-joanne-hayes-1.4440521

Mayo will probably be granted at least 1 Sam and an apology by a future Taoiseach for events happening now which are nonsense

You are an a disgusting individual.
You know what his nickname means, don't you?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: whitey on December 18, 2020, 05:58:13 PM

Remember the time it was written in the Connaught Final program that Jimmy Burke was injured due to throwing his back out pulling a calf
Bedad, I remember that well. Jimmy was prone to make the news for all the wrong reasons. Another time he jumped for a ball and fell backwards. Unfortunately, he managed to swallow his tongue and the game had to be stopped while the medics worked on him.
Do you remember the goal he scored against the Rossies in a Connacht final? (I can't recall the year.)
There was an almighty shemozzle in the goal mouth, as Micheal O'Hehir used to say , bodies sprawled on the ground and Jimmy literally walked the ball over the line.He was on his hand and knees at the time, pushing the ball in front of him. It was with his forearms I think so the ref judged that it was not a hand ball and the goal was allowed.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mayo4Sam14

Results in the championship matches played between Mayo and Dublin in the last few decades, with a manager other than Jim Gavin? ;)
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Hound

Mayo subs;

Hennelly
O'Hora
Plunkett
Brickenden
Higgins
Parsons
Flynn
Boland
J Durcan
Carr
D Coen

Hound

Dublin subs:

Comerford
C Basquel
A Byrne
Costello
Howard
Lahiff
Lowndes
Macauley
Mannion
Philly
Kev Mac

Andrews, Cian and O'Carroll among those not making the cut. Bit of a bolt that MDMA has worked his way onto the bench after missing out in semi and Leinster final.

As far as I know the 26 can't be changed (unless a keeper gets injured ) but anyone of the 26 could start.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Hound on December 18, 2020, 11:13:53 PM
Dublin subs:

Comerford
C Basquel
A Byrne
Costello
Howard
Lahiff
Lowndes
Macauley
Mannion
Philly
Kev Mac

Andrews, Cian and O'Carroll among those not making the cut. Bit of a bolt that MDMA has worked his way onto the bench after missing out in semi and Leinster final.

As far as I know the 26 can't be changed (unless a keeper gets injured ) but anyone of the 26 could start.

I believe that is gone for this year, iirc Comer wasn't named in the Galway 26 against Mayo but still featured
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

macdanger2

Quote from: Hound on December 18, 2020, 11:11:15 PM
Mayo subs;

Hennelly
O'Hora
Plunkett
Brickenden
Higgins
Parsons
Flynn
Boland
J Durcan
Carr
D Coen

Disappointing for Boyler not to make it. Surprised to see James Durcan included

galwayman

Could be the end of the road for Boyle now you'd imagine. He'll be 35 next summer.
Where has Eoin O Donoghue disappeared to?
The fullback line is one area where Mayo don't have huge options.
Keegan and Mullin both half backs really

Rossfan

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 18, 2020, 10:48:15 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 18, 2020, 05:58:13 PM

Remember the time it was written in the Connaught Final program that Jimmy Burke was injured due to throwing his back out pulling a calf
Bedad, I remember that well. Jimmy was prone to make the news for all the wrong reasons. Another time he jumped for a ball and fell backwards. Unfortunately, he managed to swallow his tongue and the game had to be stopped while the medics worked on him.
Do you remember the goal he scored against the Rossies in a Connacht final? (I can't recall the year.)
There was an almighty shemozzle in the goal mouth, as Micheal O'Hehir used to say , bodies sprawled on the ground and Jimmy literally walked the ball over the line.He was on his hand and knees at the time, pushing the ball in front of him. It was with his forearms I think so the ref judged that it was not a hand ball and the goal was allowed.
1989 replay that went to extra time......  epic game
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: galwayman on December 18, 2020, 11:50:07 PM
Could be the end of the road for Boyle now you'd imagine. He'll be 35 next summer.
Where has Eoin O Donoghue disappeared to?
The fullback line is one area where Mayo don't have huge options.
Keegan and Mullin both half backs really

Dunno tbh, I'd have thought he'd be starting by now, always looks quality imo

sid waddell

In a normal year there would be a lot of players on extended panels who would have either already played their last championship match or who would probably bow out tomorrow

McAuley
O'Sullivan
McManamon
Andrews
O'Carroll (in truth his return has been a total damp squib)
McMahon possibly

Higgins
Parsons
Boyle
Seamus O'Shea
Vaughan
Jason Doherty would be in there as well but for injury

Cluxton and Clarke could be in there too

These panels will change drastically over the next couple of years

But if there's another All-Ireland final next July, Herbie could ride again for some them at least

In Argentine parlance this is almost like the Apertura All-Ireland with next July being the Clausura

December 19th to the start of the next championship in April is not a long time, not much more than three months

GiveItToTheShooters

Anybody predicting Mayo to win needs to lay off the drugs.

Eire90

i was going to say on here before  but did not cause most probably see it as a crazy idea could you have two all irelands per  year if you go straight knockout and a summer all ireland and winter all ireland that would eliminate those saying its not fair we got one game well they get two championship games per year at least.As you said some  football in latin america does a split championship and boxers usually  defend title two times  per year at least.Tho having two all irelands a year would maybe  make it less of an occasion.

Eire90

In a way we do have two all  irelands per year cause the league is like an all ireland just a different format.