2019 Allianz National Hurling League

Started by Mossy Bruce, December 19, 2018, 10:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy Bruce

Laois 2-15
Galway 1-27

I'd say that's a respectable finish (much better than I feared). Good job to the lads. I'm thrilled there were two goals scored against the Herring Chokers.

Jayz, I just saw the drubbing Offaly took, 2-28 to 0-07.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

redsetanta

Decent performance and at 14 points down with 10 mins to go they didn't throw in the towel and got it down to 7 points. They will have to up it next week against the Deise. Some hidin they gave Offaly alright.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Settle lads, Galway barely raised a gallop.

burdizzo

Maybe so, but at least Leix (!) kept at it and didn't allow it to get really bad, like what happened Offaly. Besides, we always knew they wouldn't win this, so as long as they didn't get a right pummelling and avoided any injuries, then what harm? Plus, good to see Cha back, too.

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on January 27, 2019, 10:32:14 PM
Maybe so, but at least Leix (!) kept at it and didn't allow it to get really bad, like what happened Offaly. Besides, we always knew they wouldn't win this, so as long as they didn't get a right pummelling and avoided any injuries, then what harm? Plus, good to see Cha back, too.
The introduction of the likes of Cha was a difference. Good to see him back. Some lads on here would have had him buried.

redsetanta

I don't recall seeing any posters looking to bury Cha. Why would they?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

CruiseCigar

I think not too bad a start. Thought we would have double figures against us. But a couple of goals and less than 10 not a bad return. Decent showing against Waterford and then all out for Offaly game. We know the drill now.
Laoise abú

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Don Draper on January 27, 2019, 10:36:34 PM
The introduction of the likes of Cha was a difference. Good to see him back. Some lads on here would have had him buried.

Bizarre statement. Never heard a bad word mentioned about the chap on here. Great to have him back. There was some commentary a few weeks back about Eddie's unconvincing statement that Cha was back on board but a massive stretch to suggest that people 'had him buried'/

Don Draper

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on January 28, 2019, 09:02:41 AM

Bizarre statement. Never heard a bad word mentioned about the chap on here. Great to have him back. There was some commentary a few weeks back about Eddie's unconvincing statement that Cha was back on board but a massive stretch to suggest that people 'had him buried'/
I believe it was yourself who read far to much into a comment by the manager a few weeks back. Cha is a lovely young chap who has given great service to Laois GAA already in his short career. He deserved the benefit of the doubt.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Don Draper on January 28, 2019, 10:17:34 AM

I believe it was yourself who read far to much into a comment by the manager a few weeks back. Cha is a lovely young chap who has given great service to Laois GAA already in his short career. He deserved the benefit of the doubt.

This is what I said:

The end of the interview he gave yesterday. Was asked whether he [Cha] is involved. Eddie confirmed he was but in a less than emphatic tone. I might be reading it wrong. Hope so.

Don Draper

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on January 28, 2019, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on January 28, 2019, 10:17:34 AM

This is what I said:

The end of the interview he gave yesterday. Was asked whether he [Cha] is involved. Eddie confirmed he was but in a less than emphatic tone. I might be reading it wrong. Hope so.
No arguments, you read far too much into it.

clonadmad

Galway started with 4 from last years All Ireland Final moved through the gears

Laois were game,stayed going to the very end

The best we can hope from the first 3 rounds,are no injuries and not to cop 3 hidings,I could be wrong but I would worry about the Waterford game

Our league will be with Offaly and Carlow

Keyser Söze

Bizzare negativity re the performance and even more bizarre commebts re Cha there from DD.

Galway are arguably the top team in the country. Missing fellas but they lined out a team full of AI Medal winners at Senior, U21 & Minor. Fellas eager to win their spot.

I agree that Waterford could be a bigger problem.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 28, 2019, 10:05:49 PM
...I agree that Waterford could be a bigger problem.
I'm going plead ignorance--why might Waterford be more of a problem than Galway? More top-notch veteran players available to play next Sunday than Galway had yesterday?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Don Draper

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on January 28, 2019, 10:23:26 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 28, 2019, 10:05:49 PM
...I agree that Waterford could be a bigger problem.
I'm going plead ignorance--why might Waterford be more of a problem than Galway? More top-notch veteran players available to play next Sunday than Galway had yesterday?
Because galway didn't try a leg

Waterford will