1 (1.6%)
Higgins Michael D
22 (36.1%)
Ní Riada Liadh
15 (24.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: October 27, 2018, 05:24:49 PM

Rossfan

It's easy to give out about things but sitting down working out how to fix them is another days work altogether.
Takes more than soundbites.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Rossfan on October 28, 2018, 11:17:35 AM
It's easy to give out about things but sitting down working out how to fix them is another days work altogether.
Takes more than soundbites.
The president can do f all anyway.
He was highlighting issues which clearly a lot of people think are important

armaghniac

While he may have stated a few useful truths with regard to the entitlement culture, in his interviews since the count it seems that Casey is a bit of a head the ball, perhaps he could title himself Head Casey.

He declared he would join FF and would lead the party. Oddly those in FF were not too keen on this, especially those that wanted to lead the party. He reckons Brexit will never happen and that Varadakar is mad for worrying about it, when even the softest of Brexits could be a pain in the rump for people in Buncrana if it were not managed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on October 29, 2018, 11:16:33 AM
Massive Ego trip.
Like most politicians who trash talk opponent down, he has an elevated perception of his own character which is not shy to constantly embellish.
That act fools the gullible, among whom are those who happen to believe he channels their secret thoughts.

manfromdelmonte

I think he's playing the lot of them

FF are horrified that he would come near them, they are the ultimate entitlements party

seafoid

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 29, 2018, 11:23:13 PM
I think he's playing the lot of them

FF are horrified that he would come near them, they are the ultimate entitlements party
And FF have always been populist
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

I'd say Casey is absolutely pissing himself at all those coming out giving him plaudits for "speaking the truth" or "telling it like it is" - he's having a complete laugh. Depressing how shallow a lot of people's ability to analyse things are. Explains why our democracy hasn't really worked.

Rossfan

Did ye see the latest Adolf/Trump elected as Brazilian President.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on October 30, 2018, 10:37:35 AM
Did ye see the latest Adolf/Trump elected as Brazilian President.
He reminds me of some Israeli politicians.
And the fruitcake in the Philippines

I like the Mencken quote about democracy, which involves giving the people what they want, good and hard
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Hardy on October 28, 2018, 08:22:23 AM
Well done Casey. It's working perfectly. The sheep are bleating.
I suppose the 56% who followed the approved agenda of the media, academia and the bulk of our political class aren't sheep so  ::)

magpie seanie

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 30, 2018, 04:35:02 PM
I suppose the 56% who followed the approved agenda of the media, academia and the bulk of our political class aren't sheep so  ::)

There would have been no election only for the media craving (one for their own ends) and therefore hyping up these non-entities. It was a farce. And it must be remembered that these candidates got political support to get on the ballot paper.

Personally I think it was a poor vote for such an obvious answer. MDH doing a fine job in a ceremonial role....others thought they were going to solve world hunger and what not. The whole thing was an embarrassment if you ask me.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 30, 2018, 06:03:06 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 30, 2018, 04:35:02 PM

There would have been no election only for the media craving (one for their own ends) and therefore hyping up these non-entities. It was a farce. And it must be remembered that these candidates got political support to get on the ballot paper.

Personally I think it was a poor vote for such an obvious answer. MDH doing a fine job in a ceremonial role....others thought they were going to solve world hunger and what not. The whole thing was an embarrassment if you ask me.
He should have retired gracefully