Connacht Club Championships 2018

Started by Owenmoresider, September 24, 2018, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on November 04, 2018, 05:43:28 PM
Tír Conall fairly out it up to Clann but best team pulled through on the end.
Hopefully this game will have knocked the cobwebs of C na nG and help them to give Corofin a game next Sunday.
Is Paul Goggins the best Rossie manager on the planet at present?

FOD hasn't died..

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Hard luck Tourlestrane. Had a sneaky feeling for them today but just wasn't to be.

Mano

Big opportunity missed. Unfortunately started without a few players (L Gaughan and Surlis) and then G Gaughan got injured early on. Ballintubber are very ordinary. How on earth did they beat Castlebar? Diarmuid OConnor carried them over the line. Cillian was anonymous from play,  McIntyre won that duel easily. Harsh sending off helped them keep possesion of the ball for large portions of the last 15 minutes and bore to death those in attendance.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Rossfan on November 04, 2018, 05:43:28 PM
Tír Conall fairly out it up to Clann but best team pulled through on the end.
Hopefully this game will have knocked the cobwebs of C na nG and help them to give Corofin a game next Sunday.

Ian Burke is out injured for the next few weeks. Won't hurt their chances.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Mano on November 04, 2018, 07:55:22 PM
Big opportunity missed. Unfortunately started without a few players (L Gaughan and Surlis) and then G Gaughan got injured early on. Ballintubber are very ordinary. How on earth did they beat Castlebar? Diarmuid OConnor carried them over the line. Cillian was anonymous from play,  McIntyre won that duel easily. Harsh sending off helped them keep possesion of the ball for large portions of the last 15 minutes and bore to death those in attendance.
Because Castlebar are very average too

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 04, 2018, 08:13:32 PM
Because Castlebar are very average too

There are a side that won 3 in a row county titles, 2 recent Connacht titles and reached 2 All Ireland finals. Time that you look up on the definition of very average.

larryin89

Castlebar are very average , tubber are average !!

I really don't know how you can tell either way , I thought tubber were magnificent in county final , diarmuid and cillian the second day were brilliant.

If they get over the game next week , they will be no pushover for the winners of other semi ,you'd imagine  .  Time will tell but to write them off would be foolish imo
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Owenmoresider

I wouldn't imagine the previous 45 minutes were particularly thrilling to be fair.

Pity for Tourlestrane to lose out so narrowly, at least Easkey and (grumbles) SG got wins, both should be in with a shout in their respective semis next weekend.

sans pessimism

If the mouth on the sideline masquerading as co-manager could have got a few supporters behind the ball as well as the 15 he had there,I'm sure he would have!.There is the cause of your borefest-right there!.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Laoiseabu

Quote from: larryin89 on November 04, 2018, 08:26:24 PM

I really don't know how you can tell either way , I thought tubber were magnificent in county final , diarmuid and cillian the second day were brilliant.

If they get over the game next week , they will be no pushover for the winners of other semi ,you'd imagine  .  Time will tell but to write them off would be foolish imo
The final will be Corofin and Ballintober . I expect the Galway boys to do the business

larryin89

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 04, 2018, 10:41:38 PM

The final will be Corofin and Ballintober . I expect the Galway boys to do the business

I'd expect youd nearly back your house on it , surely a very average side could never put it up to the likes of corofin .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

PadraicHenryPearse

corofin still need to beat clann na Gael to.get to.the final.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: larryin89 on November 04, 2018, 10:55:37 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 04, 2018, 10:41:38 PM

I'd expect youd nearly back your house on it , surely a very average side could never put it up to the likes of corofin .
No I wouldn't put my house on it but I'd expect Corofin to win it . But first it's Clann Na Gael next week .

Syferus

Since when is there such knowledge of Connacht club football in Laois