best place to eat in belfast??

Started by kinghen, September 28, 2007, 01:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinghen

i'm thinkin of goin out for a meal in belfast, where is the best spot??  decent feed like, im not talkin the students hangouts like maggies or the other place!! but then not over the top stuff like cafe vaudeville, heard it wasnt that nice and the prices are ridiculous!!

Square Ball

All depends what you are after, are you going to the city centre
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

kinghen

i could venture into the city centre, anywhere really, not too far outside it, im just lookin a place where ya can sit down and have a nice meal, well cooked, good service and prefferably with a drinking license!! cant be eating a steak without a nice beer to wash it down!!

spiritof91and94

stpauls

if you are looking for a good steak, and a pretty good serving, tony roma's on university road is your only place!!

AZOffaly

Bourbon (??) Near the Jury's hotel is lovely for a feed of steak.

stpauls

AZ, it is more across from the Europa than Jury's, but still a good place to eat as well, can be a bit expensive though!

AZOffaly

True, I just stayed in Jurys and walked to it, hence 'near to Jury's' :D

I didn't think it was that expensive.

full back

Try Ten Square for a decent feed
Its central & you pint till your hearts content

illdecide

Tracy's knickers :D :D Only messin!!

Speronza in shaftsbury square is good as well as them other 2 itialian places up by the Uni
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

I'd like to think anywhere you went to would serve a decent steak! How hard can it be as it must be the most widely sold dish in any restaurant!

saffron sam2

L'Etoile on the Ormeau Road.  Not licensed, but is bring your own, which is better I think.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

kinghen

yea but a steak is no use on its own!! you need a good sauce and a decent selection of sides, id heard before that toni romas was nice and pretty reasonable, for me its more about feeling relaxed, getting good service etc, then the food tends to be more enjoyable, its hard to find that balance sometimes!

Hardy

Best Irish Stew I've ever had was in the Crown. You can drink there too!

stpauls

thought the service in toni's was pretty good, but can be pretty busy at the weekend and it could be a while waiting for a seat. how many are going for the feed?