TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Been watching Billions recently on recommendation of a few friends. Decent.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: screenexile on November 17, 2017, 03:01:28 PM
John Lithgoe in Dexter has to get an honourable mention as well!!

Some departure from Shrek/3rd Rock and Harry and the Hendersons!

Yet not that far away from the memorable badie role he had in Cliffhanger

Ethan Tremblay

John Litgoe was brilliant in Dexter.  On the topic of TV Recommendations, Dexter Season 4 is one of the best season's iv'e watched of any show. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Syferus

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 17, 2017, 04:13:56 PM
John Litgoe was brilliant in Dexter.  On the topic of TV Recommendations, Dexter Season 4 is one of the best season's iv'e watched of any show.

That was definitely the high point of Dexter. I really enjoyed the show but it struggled making characters that weren't Dexter interesting, I always wanted them to get back to the A plot and whatever Dexter was up to. The rest of them felt almost like they were acting in a generic procedural.

Ethan Tremblay

True, it was only going one direction after S4, and as you said, every other character was less than secondary to Dexter. 

Maybe that's why shows with big casts such as Sopranos and GOT are so successful, there are that many interesting characters with their own arcs viewers can take an interest in them if the main plot is dwindling....   
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

leenie

I thought mind hunter was v good .. a lot of pyscologly to take in.. but who's the man at the v end burning the stuff ?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Minder

Quote from: leenie on November 21, 2017, 02:18:43 PM
I thought mind hunter was v good .. a lot of pyscologly to take in.. but who's the man at the v end burning the stuff ?

BTK
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Geoff Tipps

Dennis Rader - serial killer. He appeared at the start of a lot of episodes in the first series.
He's obviously going to play a major part in subsequent series.

blewuporstuffed

*spoiler alert*

http://www.thisisinsider.com/mindhunter-kansas-killer-opening-adt-explained-2017-10
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

It could take a qware few seasons to keep up with him though, didn't get caught until recently.  Such a stupid way to get caught too considering how well he evaded capture for decades.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Started Mindhunter, excellent first couple of episodes. Ed Kemper is a class character.

Minder

Quote from: bennydorano on November 24, 2017, 11:00:42 PM
Started Mindhunter, excellent first couple of episodes. Ed Kemper is a class character.

Aye enjoyed it, your man playing him is the spit of Kemper
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyCake

Anyone know where I can watch 'Wrecking The Rising' online? Had recorded most, but missing half an episode.

screenexile

Black Mirror back on 29th December. . . have a big night out on the Thursday can't imagine it will help my hangover much but should be quality as usual!!

lurganblue

Been watching a documentary series on Netflix called Shot in the Dark.  Really enjoying it.  It's based on the guys who listen to police scanners in LA and rush to film incidents, with the hope of selling the footage to the networks.  It's a crazy job and it takes a certain type of person.