1991 All Ireland Final Replay - Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust

Started by supersub, November 06, 2013, 12:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Plus, Sam has holes in him now doesn't he? To avoid 'that sort of thing'.

Aristo 60

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 08, 2013, 03:29:46 PM

You may never get to know AZ!

AZOffaly

muppet

Jebus, imagine if the Rossies get a hold of him!

MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Quote from: deiseach on November 08, 2013, 01:47:13 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on November 07, 2013, 05:27:03 PM
took meath 12 games to get past a poor Dublin side that year. Sure Down romped the final, went that far ahead the boys were thinking of how many pints would fill Sam. the result was never in doubt.

Did they find an answer?
Not that year  anyway!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Sure Roscommon would have beaten either of ye if the referee in the semi didn't have a Trimmer bias.

Jell 0 Biafra

Sure it's only the replica you get to drink out of these days.

All of a Sludden

THE parents of a young man killed in a hit-and-run in New York have covered the cost of repatriating another young Irishman's body home to his family.

Collie and Eithne Bell, from Co Down, who lost their son Kevin (26) in a tragic incident in New York last June, have been helping other families through a trust in his name.

The fund has now been used to bring home the body of Conor Brady (24), from Skreen in Sligo, who died after a fall in Las Vegas last weekend.

He was based in Washington, DC, and had travelled to Las Vegas with friends.

So far, over £120,000 (€143,000) has been raised for the Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust. It offers financial assistance to bereaved families to repatriate the body of loved ones who die abroad in sudden or tragic circumstances.

Mr and Mrs Bell have helped repatriate three other young people and helped two other families with their own fundraising.

Collie Bell said they were delighted to help the Brady family.

"The average cost of repatriating a body is about £5,000 (€5,900), but the further away the location, the more expensive it is," he told the Irish Independent.

"As we said at the time, with so many young people now abroad, Kevin's death would not be the last.

"Sadly, this has proved to be the case. We'd like the message to get out that the trust is here to help families in all 32 counties."

Funeral director Gerard Clarke, a close friend of the Brady family and Secretary of St Patrick's GFC – where Mr Brady played before emigrating – said the Bell family deserved "great credit" for helping others.

"It is the worst news that any family can receive to learn that a son, daughter or relative has died abroad," said Mr Clarke.

The Brady family has requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be sent to the Kevin Bell trust.

"We hope that in this way we will be able to help another unfortunate family," said Mr Clarke, who praised the Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Consulate in San Francisco for their help.

Thousands of mourners are expected to attend the funeral Mass of Conor Brady in Saint Adamnan's Church in Skreen at noon on Monday, followed by burial in Saint Mary's Cemetery.

Donations to the Kevin Bell trust can be made at www.donations.ie.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/family-whose-son-died-in-us-helps-to-bring-another-tragic-young-man-home-29740028.html
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Jinxy

A great cause and fair play to Kevins family for helping other bereaved families in their time of need.
Well done to all involved in the fundraising effort.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Whitehair

This sadly, is a great trust and i've considered the concept over the last couple of years. In Poznan airport about to fly home I learnt of the passing of James Nolan, then Kevin when I was in New York over the summer. This was compounded, when a friend from Wicklow who I lived with, tragically drowned 2 days before flying home from his J1. The ensuing search and repatriation costs for his family would have been significant. These are all young men, a few years other either side of myself, who tragically lost there lives when having the time of their lives. Touching down in Dublin airport each time was never as poignant.

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.