The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebuzz

Quote from: laoislad on May 23, 2019, 08:11:14 PM
I wouldn't go next or near any pub to watch it. Never go to a pub to watch games anyway but certainly wouldn't be going  to one for the Champions League Final.

We've gone to our local for every Champion's League game. We plan to be there on the 1st June. The lad who runs it is a Liverpool fan so we're well looked after.

Quote from: laoislad on May 23, 2019, 08:11:14 PM
I wouldn't go next or near any pub to watch it. Never go to a pub to watch games anyway but certainly wouldn't be going  to one for the Champions League Final.

BT Sport are streaming it live on YouTube so you don't even have to log off gaaboard to watch :)

I'd prefer to watch Harry Kane cry in HD!
O'Neills Therapist

RedHand88

The Wellington park hotel in Belfast are running a Liverpool fanzone. Few function rooms and a big outdoor screen and bar. 800 tickets sold so far, they're expecting 1500 by Saturday week.

PMG1

Quote from: gawa316 on May 23, 2019, 07:49:38 PM
Quote from: dec on May 23, 2019, 06:30:57 PM
There is a bar in Manhattan called Carraghers (there is some Jamie connection) https://www.carraghersnyc.com/

They are charging $50 for the Champions League final and are already sold out

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cl-final-at-carraghers-tickets-61678062746

Don't think it is worth it even with the "Cover charge includes commemorative T-shirt and one drink ticket."

I was reading about this on Facebook and a carragher's employee had responded but I can't find his response.

Basically last year there was no fee and a load of non-paying customers took up a lot of space, members couldn't get in etc. This time members are getting in free and the $50 for the rest is to cover the costs of those that come in to watch and don't buy any things, extra security that is needed etc.

If I find his comment I'll post it up.

Each to their own but no chance I'd be paying anywhere near that.

Carraghers is owned by a good GAA supporting Tyrone man, a kind sponsor to his local GAA club, fair play to him for charging whatever he can get, at the end of the day his pub is beside Times Square so it wouldn't be cheap to run his establishment which by the way is a great spot.

gawa316

Quote from: PMG1 on May 24, 2019, 01:34:27 AM
There is a bar in Manhattan called Carraghers (there is some Jamie connection) https://www.carraghersnyc.com/

Don't think it is worth it even with the "Cover charge includes commemorative T-shirt and one drink ticket."

I was reading about this on Facebook and a carragher's employee had responded but I can't find his response.

Basically last year there was no fee and a load of non-paying customers took up a lot of space, members couldn't get in etc. This time members are getting in free and the $50 for the rest is to cover the costs of those that come in to watch and don't buy any things, extra security that is needed etc.

Carraghers is owned by a good GAA supporting Tyrone man, a kind sponsor to his local GAA club, fair play to him for charging whatever he can get, at the end of the day his pub is beside Times Square so it wouldn't be cheap to run his establishment which by the way is a great spot.

Oh yeah I completely agree. The fella went through in more depth than me the costs of the day. I have no issue whatsoever with them charging people, especially as they are taking care of their members.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: PMG1 on May 24, 2019, 01:34:27 AM

You've just put a load of people off visiting  :)

Dire Ear

After the Barcelona game,  hopes were sky high (obviously!) but as we get closer; the doubt slips in!  Would have been confident of a 2-0;  now the image of Son , Erikson , or to a lesser extent (!) Kane scoring,  the confidence lowers a bit!

Milltown Row2

I hope Klopp wins, he deserves it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 24, 2019, 02:08:22 PM
I hope Klopp wins, he deserves it.
That's true. But deserves means nothing.
Gotta go win it, and that goes for both teams.

Ambrose

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 24, 2019, 01:36:39 PM
After the Barcelona game,  hopes were sky high (obviously!) but as we get closer; the doubt slips in!  Would have been confident of a 2-0;  now the image of Son , Erikson , or to a lesser extent (!) Kane scoring,  the confidence lowers a bit!

We're going to smash them. I can't see one area where Spurs are stronger than Liverpool. I'm confident of a 3-0 win.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Jell 0 Biafra

I think Liverpool will win.  But I can't see why some Liverpool fans are so confident.  3-0 win, gimme, Harry Kane tears in HD have all been mentioned in the last few pages.  The teams played twice this season, and a one goal difference was all there was between the teams.  Spurs are well capable of a draw, and a shootout. 

What's this level of confidence based on?

Godsown

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 25, 2019, 04:59:48 AM
I think Liverpool will win.  But I can't see why some Liverpool fans are so confident.  3-0 win, gimme, Harry Kane tears in HD have all been mentioned in the last few pages.  The teams played twice this season, and a one goal difference was all there was between the teams.  Spurs are well capable of a draw, and a shootout. 

Not sure whether it is confidence or arrogance. Remember these were the fans who celebrating winning the Premiership in January. That went well

quit yo jibbajabba

Ah the old "take one mans viewpoint and pretend its everyones" opinion

Welcome to the board Godsown

RedHand88

Quote from: Godsown on May 25, 2019, 06:40:35 AM

Not sure whether it is confidence or arrogance. Remember these were the fans who celebrating winning the Premiership in January. That went well

Who celebrated winning the league in January?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 25, 2019, 10:29:15 AM
Quote from: Godsown on May 25, 2019, 06:40:35 AM

Who celebrated winning the league in January?

Yeah as I recall it was fans of rival clubs who crowned Liverpool champions in January. Doesn't suit your man's narrative though!