Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 05, 2018, 04:58:13 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 05, 2018, 04:16:20 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on October 05, 2018, 09:37:39 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2018, 07:38:51 AM
I know. I got the door after a few negative comments a few years back. Thank God this is a more open forum where pessimism is actually allowed or I'd be banished forever.
Did you get the routine lecture from yer man banishing you from his noble site for not meeting his high standards, bet you criticized Ger Caff.
Well, I had a run in with him once and I wound up telling him that he could supposit his site for all I cared. ;D
He seems to have mellowed a bit but back when he was getting his site off the ground, he had an ego the size of Croke Park.
Just by chance, I decided to have a look at his site shortly after he put it up. I hadn't been there before so I was curious to find out what the blog was all about.
I got one helluva surprise to find that the centrepiece was devoted to gaaboard.com and the activites of some of the Mayo posters who had the temerity to criticise what he had said about some county player or other.
He let the world know that he was on holidays just then but when he returned he was going to sort the whole effin' lot of us out. (I am being serious, btw.)
We were all sculking behind usernames on an obscure internet formum but, if any of us were brave enough, we should post to his site and debate the issue face to him. I just couldn't resist the temptation to wind him up a bit further and I had no problem at all in doing that.
I wound up telling him where he could shove his site and his ego also.
I'm afraid he pulled my last post.
Since then, he seems to hace copped on a lot and I think he is quite a good analyst and, if you ignore the loolas who add their comments, I'd have little to complain about. The Results Archive in particular is an invaluable reference source and, all in all, I'd recommend his iste to any genuine Mayo fan.

I think his ego has got to an all time high ever since he became the Mayo supporters voice on the Mayo News podcasts. The best part of his blog is his result archive a lot of work he put into that in fairness to him.
Yeah I think he's got worse and Rob Murphy's his lapdog now.
It's the pontificating I can't stand, the attitude to the resignation rumour where no-one can comment till it comes via the fourth estate, such bull.

Manning18

Horan doing videos talking about Adventures, Quests and Odysseys. "Brand Mayo". Some amount of cringe. It's not the presidency he's taking over

macdanger2

Quote from: Manning18 on October 07, 2018, 02:51:13 PM
Horan doing videos talking about Adventures, Quests and Odysseys. "Brand Mayo". Some amount of cringe. It's not the presidency he's taking over

He seems to have you rattled anyway  ;D ;D

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

The James Horan interview from yesterday. Sounds like everyone any good at club level will be looked at and he is very excited about his return to the Mayo senior management hot seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsr2xT9RSII

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Manning18 on October 07, 2018, 02:51:13 PM

True, it's much, much more important than the presidency.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

In fairness James Horan has learned the use of presentation skills and hype from Sky over the last couple of years.

Maroon Manc

Do the Mayo posters expect Boyle & Seamie O'Shea to hang around another year?

The draw is on Thursday, nailed on Galway & Mayo will meet before a Connacht Final again.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 08, 2018, 01:38:12 PM

The draw is on Thursday, nailed on Galway & Mayo will meet before a Connacht Final again.
A lot depends on what the players in question think. It's a long time since Mayo players weren't going flat out to late August at the very least and even up to the third Sunday in September. And the effort they had to put in was manic to put it mildly.
Now, with the extended break and the re-appearance of Horan, I'd say the mood among the players is pretty upbeat.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

highorlow

QuoteDo the Mayo posters expect Boyle & Seamie O'Shea to hang around another year?

Yes.

Seamie was floating between midfield and sweeper on Saturday and did well inside in the sweeper role. Maybe somewhere along the half back line is somewhere to put him. Boyle won't have a full game in him but should always start.

Matthew Ruane was very impressive in midfield on Saturday. A definite prospect for the senior team, imo.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Cunny Funt

I'd expect Galway v Mayo final next year with the returning Horan to do what Rochford couldn't. Beat Galway and win a Connacht title.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 08, 2018, 03:14:46 PM

I'd expect Galway v Mayo final next year with the returning Horan to do what Rochford couldn't. Beat Galway and win a Connacht title.

Based on?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 08, 2018, 03:59:37 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 08, 2018, 03:14:46 PM

Based on?

On the return of the consistency competitive manager.

Real Talk

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 08, 2018, 02:02:52 PM

A lot depends on what the players in question think. It's a long time since Mayo players weren't going flat out to late August at the very least and even up to the third Sunday in September. And the effort they had to put in was manic to put it mildly.
Now, with the extended break and the re-appearance of Horan, I'd say the mood among the players is pretty upbeat.

Its also possible that some of them might have enjoyed life outside the commitment of County Football and call it a day