Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

As an aside would this be a less expensive backroom team for Mayo this time around? There are no big name coaches travelling from other parts of the country unless someone else is added. Seems to be an all local package.

larryin89

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 04, 2018, 11:28:40 PM
As an aside would this be a less expensive backroom team for Mayo this time around? There are no big name coaches travelling from other parts of the country unless someone else is added. Seems to be an all local package.

Except Burke , he is based in Dublin like half our squad though, so he'll be taking them bucks for a few laps during the  winter weeks.

Horan signed a secret contract with his  sugar daddy from Westport , guaranteed Sam Maguire within the four year period , retention of 20% of monies will be kept by the Westport person to be given to Horan if Sam is delivered .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on October 04, 2018, 11:44:11 PM

Except Burke , he is based in Dublin like half our squad though, so he'll be taking them bucks for a few laps during the  winter weeks.

Horan signed a secret contract with his  sugar daddy from Westport , guaranteed Sam Maguire within the four year period , retention of 20% of monies will be kept by the Westport person to be given to Horan if Sam is delivered .

I know it's the right season to be spreading manure but c'mon.

Manning18

Quote from: Syferus on October 04, 2018, 11:19:16 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 04, 2018, 11:13:55 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 04, 2018, 11:07:19 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 04, 2018, 10:09:55 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 04, 2018, 09:43:44 PM
Hopefully exciting times ahead for Mayo next year. The game badly needs them back challenging Dublin to the limit, especially given the threshold of history that Dublin are now perched upon.

You just never know with Mayo football - it's a glorious madness and this team might just still have another kick in them yet.

Their rivalry with Dublin has defined this decade and it would be very appropriate to bookend that decade with another final clash, with history at stake either way.

Jaysus pass the sick bag.

+1

Dubs died of boredom this year! They'll be even more bored next year as this Mayo team are done!

Not Mayo's fault at all but there is so much sentimental twee old guff written and spoken about them in the media it sets my radar off at this stage. I imagine many Mayo people are even sick of it.

Take a look at Willie Joe's army and your might reconsider that last part.

"Best Day Ever". I had a good laugh at that one after a quick scroll through. You'd have to wonder about some of these peoples lives

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Manning18 on October 05, 2018, 12:23:04 AM
Hopefully exciting times ahead for Mayo next year. The game badly needs them back challenging Dublin to the limit, especially given the threshold of history that Dublin are now perched upon.

You just never know with Mayo football - it's a glorious madness and this team might just still have another kick in them yet.

Their rivalry with Dublin has defined this decade and it would be very appropriate to bookend that decade with another final clash, with history at stake either way.

+1

Dubs died of boredom this year! They'll be even more bored next year as this Mayo team are done!

Not Mayo's fault at all but there is so much sentimental twee old guff written and spoken about them in the media it sets my radar off at this stage. I imagine many Mayo people are even sick of it.

"Best Day Ever". I had a good laugh at that one after a quick scroll through. You'd have to wonder about some of these peoples lives

tbf I'd be more worried about people from neighbouring counties that spend time trawling through one website so they can bitch about it on another website
Hasta la victoria siempre

Syferus

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on October 05, 2018, 12:30:35 AM

+1

tbf I'd be more worried about people from neighbouring counties that spend time trawling through one website so they can bitch about it on another website

The right to free speech isn't the right to be free from criticism.

moysider

True. It is a local package. Cheap? Less expensive? I dunno?

Horan's appointment means that sugar daddies will come on board and put money in. Apparently there would have been more bobs available for Jim McG., but that was never a runner.  Sometimes, what appears to be a cheap appointment turns out more expensive. Say, Mayo appoints a 'nobody' as manager? The 'sugar daddies' walk away. Simple as. The cheap appointment becomes very expensive.

Apparently Rochford was no longer going to be bankrolled and that was that for him. It's simple really. He who pays the piper calls .....

Manning18

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on October 05, 2018, 12:30:35 AM

+1

Are you upset over it? It takes 30 seconds to scroll through comments after them being mentioned as funny on here. The place is well known as a source of comedy across all counties, it's only natural to have a glance. It's the GAA equivalent of Red & White Kop. Someone could probably spawn a parody twitter account off the comments

Farrandeelin

I know. I got the door after a few negative comments a few years back. Thank God this is a more open forum where pessimism is actually allowed or I'd be banished forever.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 04, 2018, 09:22:09 PM
James Horan was ratified for a 4 year term as manager of the Mayo Senior Football team tonight, along with his management team of Daniel Forde, Martin Barrett & James Burke the latter will train the Dublin based players.

Great news !!!!

Mac2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2018, 07:38:51 AM
I know. I got the door after a few negative comments a few years back. Thank God this is a more open forum where pessimism is actually allowed or I'd be banished forever.
Did you get the routine lecture from yer man banishing you from his noble site for not meeting his high standards, bet you criticized Ger Caff.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mac2 on October 05, 2018, 09:37:39 AM
Did you get the routine lecture from yer man banishing you from his noble site for not meeting his high standards, bet you criticized Ger Caff.
No it wasn't Caff. I just went on a bit of a rant a few years ago. ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2018, 11:34:53 AM
No it wasn't Caff. I just went on a bit of a rant a few years ago. ;D

I met him once, he is a decent fella.
TBH, the are a lot of loons on that blog and some of the comments are just plain daft. It seems like a bunch of them left Hogan stand for his blog.
If the bloggers were "middle of the road" as most on here, it would be more readable.
I go on now and again, I wish he would update it, so that you would not have to scroll through blogs of shite to get one or two interesting points of view.

Lar Naparka

Well, I had a run in with him once and I wound up telling him that he could supposit his site for all I cared. ;D
He seems to have mellowed a bit but back when he was getting his site off the ground, he had an ego the size of Croke Park.
Just by chance, I decided to have a look at his site shortly after he put it up. I hadn't been there before so I was curious to find out what the blog was all about.
I got one helluva surprise to find that the centrepiece was devoted to gaaboard.com and the activites of some of the Mayo posters who had the temerity to criticise what he had said about some county player or other.
He let the world know that he was on holidays just then but when he returned he was going to sort the whole effin' lot of us out. (I am being serious, btw.)
We were all sculking behind usernames on an obscure internet formum but, if any of us were brave enough, we should post to his site and debate the issue face to him. I just couldn't resist the temptation to wind him up a bit further and I had no problem at all in doing that.
I wound up telling him where he could shove his site and his ego also.
I'm afraid he pulled my last post.
Since then, he seems to hace copped on a lot and I think he is quite a good analyst and, if you ignore the loolas who add their comments, I'd have little to complain about. The Results Archive in particular is an invaluable reference source and, all in all, I'd recommend his iste to any genuine Mayo fan.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 05, 2018, 04:16:20 PM
Well, I had a run in with him once and I wound up telling him that he could supposit his site for all I cared. ;D
He seems to have mellowed a bit but back when he was getting his site off the ground, he had an ego the size of Croke Park.
Just by chance, I decided to have a look at his site shortly after he put it up. I hadn't been there before so I was curious to find out what the blog was all about.
I got one helluva surprise to find that the centrepiece was devoted to gaaboard.com and the activites of some of the Mayo posters who had the temerity to criticise what he had said about some county player or other.
He let the world know that he was on holidays just then but when he returned he was going to sort the whole effin' lot of us out. (I am being serious, btw.)
We were all sculking behind usernames on an obscure internet formum but, if any of us were brave enough, we should post to his site and debate the issue face to him. I just couldn't resist the temptation to wind him up a bit further and I had no problem at all in doing that.
I wound up telling him where he could shove his site and his ego also.
I'm afraid he pulled my last post.
Since then, he seems to hace copped on a lot and I think he is quite a good analyst and, if you ignore the loolas who add their comments, I'd have little to complain about. The Results Archive in particular is an invaluable reference source and, all in all, I'd recommend his iste to any genuine Mayo fan.

I think his ego has got to an all time high ever since he became the Mayo supporters voice on the Mayo News podcasts. The best part of his blog is his result archive a lot of work he put into that in fairness to him.